Support:

Pay monthly services

Ask a question:
Rank 4: Established Poster
veii
Accepted Solution

Spotify 4G Music won't work if you are already a Premium customer.

I upgraded to the new 4G plan today and opted for 4G music when the text came.  However when I sign in to Spotify it says that I am already a premium customer and to cancel.

I went into my account on the Spotify website and cancelled my premium subscription but it still won't let me add it, it still says "you are already a premium customer please cancel" which I have done already.

Is there a workaround, or will the offer still work on 1 September when my renewal date with Spotify is? As I won't have premium then?  Vodafone should have just given us a code to redeem on the account section of Spotify as I can see everyone getting this problem. (I mean, seriously who doesn't already have Spotify? :smileyhappy: )

Message 1 of 13 (4,396 Views)
Rank 46: Oracle V
jeffkinn

Re: Spotify 4G Music won't work if you are already a Premium customer.

Me for one

Jeffkinn_Sig.png

Message 2 of 13 (4,394 Views)
veii

Sorry to hear that!  But at least you can get it free for 6 months now to see what you were missing not having nearly all the music in the world at your beck and call.

Message 3 of 13 (4,392 Views)
veii

Does anyone know if there is a time limit to the offer, or how long you can wait before signing up?

Message 4 of 13 (4,379 Views)
Rank 1: Guest
neil_gilroy

Hi,

Im in same psoition but havent yet upgraded as I wanted to check the situation out first.

What did Vodafone give you?

I notice that the Spotify website says that you may need to wait until the next day before a Virgin Media offer can be applied? So maybe try again tomorrow?

Message 5 of 13 (4,378 Views)
veii

Checking the terms and conditions just now on Vodafone's website it seems that with my new 4G L plan I get Spotify Premium for the length of the plan.  I may just open another account and apply it to that one if it is indeed time limited.  Although, I would then lose the playlists that I have spent years creating.

Message 6 of 13 (4,370 Views)
Rank 1: Guest
neil_gilroy

I got an update to a post on the Vodafone blog statting that 191 know how to perform this kind of existing subscriber upgrade. I guess this probably inst the case... I called 191 this morning who said that I couldnt "upgrade" to the £5 extra offer and would instaed need to take out a new 12 month contract even though I am right near the end of a Red Sim Only Plan.

Message 7 of 13 (4,366 Views)
veii

I think the £5 offer is for people like me stuck on 1 or 2 year 'phone included' contracts.  What they told you sounds about right.  With the new 12 month 4G sim only contract you will get 6 months of Spotify (worth about £60) so it is still pretty good, don't know what the price differences are between the old sim-only deals though.

Message 8 of 13 (4,358 Views)
Tech Team
Andy

Hi veii,

I’ll admit that I’m not too sure on this one.

I’ve emailed a colleague to get more information and as soon as I hear anything, I’ll post back to you.

Thanks,

Andrew

I’m part of the Vodafone Tech Team and here to help. As this is a public forum, we can only answer non account specific queries. Please note, we’re unable to reply to private messages.

If you see a helpful post, please click the 'Thanks' button to let the author know. If a post solves your query, please click the ‘This is the Answer?’ button. This helps others find helpful answers in the community too.

Message 9 of 13 (4,336 Views)
veii

Ok, thanks.  Hopefully it isn't a time limited thing and I can wait until 2 September and activate it then and keep the playlists on my current account.

Message 10 of 13 (4,293 Views)
veii

Any luck? i.e. Have you found any Vodafone colleagues that know yet?  As far as I can see from the Vodafone website it appears to just be included in my price plan, which would suggest that it deosn't matter if I sign up now, Sept. 2 or this time next year.  I hope that's right though.

Message 11 of 13 (4,188 Views)
Rank 17: Instructor I
sam365

From what i understand there is no time limit, the offer can be taken out at any time after starting your 4G plan. I have heard that the spotify option is not actually..... working..... just yet, and the sky sports is tempramental.

Updates to follow.

Found my post helpful? Press the Thumbs Up button!
Has my post solved your problem? Don't forget to mark it as a solution!
Message 12 of 13 (4,110 Views)
veii

Its sorted.  I contacted SpotifyCares on Twitter and they cancelled my Premium straight away so that I could then take out the Vodafone offer.  I'm assuming that you can contact Spotify by any other means that they have available as well.  (Who would have thought that Twitter actually had a use/point? :smileyhappy: )

Message 13 of 13 (4,092 Views)