Ask a question:
Rank 1: Guest
kvoong

Stop The Clock

Hello,

I am currently on an 18 month contract which began in january. My price plan is 500min 500texts with stop the clock. My questions is, once the contract ends, will I be able to retain the stop the clock feature if I switch to a sim only plan?

Regards,

Kwan.
Message 1 of 19 (5,693 Views)
Moderator (Retired)
David_V

Stop The Clock

Hi kvoong,

If you change to a Sim only deal at the end of your contract you would be able to add Stop the Clock as an optional extra for only £5 a month which is still great value. :)

Why would you want to change to a Sim only deal with the great range of handsets which will be available to upgrade to when you are due to upgrade, we have now announced the latest edition to the Vodafone handset range the iPhone which will be available shortly and remember you can upgrade your phone 70 days before the end of your contract.

Thanks B-)

David
eForum
Want to give me some feedback? Yes
Message 2 of 19 (5,693 Views)
kvoong

Stop The Clock

Thankyou David

I only ask this because my plan is heavily discounted but will go back to normal price once my contract ends. So am I wrong to think that I can retain the stop the clock feature if I change to a sim only deal?

Regards.
Hi kvoong,

If you change to a Sim only deal at the end of your contract you would be able to add Stop the Clock as an optional extra for only £5 a month which is still great value. :)

Why would you want to change to a Sim only deal with the great range of handsets which will be available to upgrade to when you are due to upgrade, we have now announced the latest edition to the Vodafone handset range the iPhone which will be available shortly and remember you can upgrade your phone 70 days before the end of your contract.

Thanks B-)

David
eForum
Message 3 of 19 (5,693 Views)
Rank 6: Frequent Poster
stunt-flyer

Stop The Clock

Thankyou David

I only ask this because my plan is heavily discounted but will go back to normal price once my contract ends. So am I wrong to think that I can retain the stop the clock feature if I change to a sim only deal?

Regards.

I think Vodafone are trying to dissuade peeps away from Stop The Clock, well that's the impression I get.
Message 4 of 19 (5,693 Views)
Administrator
Matt

Stop The Clock

Hi Kvoong

Lets get this matter cleared up for you :D

Stop The Clock (STC) is still available through Vodafone at any point in your contract the only difference now is if you have STC added at any point you have to pay £5 for the service and it’s a service that no longer can be discounted. So once your contract finishes and your discounts are removed you can still keep STC but you will be charged for it, so when you come to switch to a SIM only you can have the fantastic service but you will have to pay £5 for this it cant be carried over to the SIM only for free.

If there is anything else you need give us a shout and we’ll be in touch :D

Thanks
Matthew
eForum Team

I’m the eForum Moderator and my job is to read and log new posts. I make sure everyone follows the house rules and unlike my other Tech Team colleagues, I don’t answer all posts. Please note, I’m unable to reply to private messages.

If you see a helpful post, please click the Thanks button to let the author know. If a post solves your query, please click the ‘Is this the Answer?’ button. This helps others find helpful answers in the community too.

Message 5 of 19 (5,693 Views)
johnbragg1

Stop The Clock

Consider the 12 month sim only plan. 600 mins and unlimited text for only £15 per month.

http://shop.vodafone.co.uk/shop/price-plan...kuIds=sku690047

Exceptional value indeed. They may let you add STC to this ????

John.
Message 6 of 19 (5,693 Views)
neilclark

Stop The Clock

Hi Kvoong

Lets get this matter cleared up for you :D

Stop The Clock (STC) is still available through Vodafone at any point in your contract the only difference now is if you have STC added at any point you have to pay £5 for the service and it’s a service that no longer can be discounted. So once your contract finishes and your discounts are removed you can still keep STC but you will be charged for it, so when you come to switch to a SIM only you can have the fantastic service but you will have to pay £5 for this it cant be carried over to the SIM only for free.

If there is anything else you need give us a shout and we’ll be in touch :D

Thanks
Matthew
eForum Team

Stop The Clock is great value for money and well worth the £5 if you use your phone for social use out of peak hours. I use mine for a mixture of both business and 'pleasure', keeping the longer personal calls out of business hours means I benefit most from STC.

STC is one of Vodafone's best deals which no other network comes close to matching, simply because it's not restricted to calling numbers on the same network.
Message 7 of 19 (5,693 Views)
johnbragg1

Stop The Clock

Consider the 12 month sim only plan. 600 mins and unlimited text for only £15 per month.

http://shop.vodafone.co.uk/shop/price-plan...kuIds=sku690047

Exceptional value indeed. They may let you add STC to this ????

John.

I asked them to ammend my Sim only plan to this from the 30 day rolling plan. Just means signing up for 12 months and the cost is less by £5 for the same allowances. Coincidentally the same as STC costs, so effectively getting STC for FREE......

John.
Message 8 of 19 (5,693 Views)
kvoong

Stop The Clock

Thankyou all for responding. I will definately consider that option John :)

Kwan.

I asked them to ammend my Sim only plan to this from the 30 day rolling plan. Just means signing up for 12 months and the cost is less by £5 for the same allowances. Coincidentally the same as STC costs, so effectively getting STC for FREE......

John.
Message 9 of 19 (5,693 Views)
stunt-flyer

Stop The Clock

I think Vodafone are trying to dissuade peeps away from Stop The Clock, well that's the impression I get.

I can concur with that.
Message 10 of 19 (5,693 Views)
HalfVampire

Stop The Clock

Im sorry if im outta topic, but can someone help me on how I can add a pay as you go stop the clock feature in the vodafone service line. I dialed 2345, but then i can't find where i can switch it to a Stop the clock feature anymore. Can someone help me please!?
thx! :)
Message 11 of 19 (5,693 Views)
Tech Team
Sukhi

Stop The Clock

Hi HalfVampire,

Firstly a very warm welcome to the eForum family! You’re in the right place if you have any questions to ask, as you can see our members are very friendly and always willing to help! :)

As some of the guys have mentioned Stop The Clock is a brilliant service! This is available to all PAYG customers on the simply, anynet or smartplus price plan.

To add this to your account all you need to do is call 2345 there is an option to self-activate this via the IVR. If there is no option for you to add it, then it means you are not eligible. I know this is not what you want to hear. However you are able to migrate to one of the plans above to benefit from this. In order to look into this for you I’ve sent you an email reply with all the details, I’ll be in touch soon as I can.

Looking forward to your response!

Sukhi
eForum

I’m part of the Vodafone Tech Team and here to help. As this is a public forum, we can only answer non account specific queries. Please note, we’re unable to reply to private messages.

If you see a helpful post, please click the 'Thanks' button to let the author know. If a post solves your query, please click the ‘This is the Answer?’ button. This helps others find helpful answers in the community too.

Message 12 of 19 (5,693 Views)
Rank 47: Master I
AnnS

Stop The Clock

Are you sure its still available on the Simply PAYG Sukhi. I thought Simply was just that 20p per minute with the added advantage of Freedom Packs and being able to add Vodafone family.

According to this link from the help section of the forum, it no longer available and was discontinued some time age for new customers.

Who is Stop the Clock for ?

There have been quite a few threads where it has been confirmed that it cannot be added.

Stop the Clock was discontinued September last year.

http://forum.vodafone.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=35783
Ann
Message 13 of 19 (5,693 Views)
AnnS

Stop The Clock

Admins.

In the link I gave in the above post where it was confirmed by Reidar that Stop the Clock is discontinued for new customers, the information was passed back to the Content Manager to get the information corrected in the help section of the forum.
Ann
Message 14 of 19 (5,693 Views)
AnnS

Stop The Clock

I have found another thread confirming that Stop the Clock is discontinued for PAYG.

http://forum.vodafone.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=32906
Ann
Message 15 of 19 (5,693 Views)
Moderator (Retired)
George

Stop The Clock

Hi AnnS,

I must admit I'm more than a little confused by this matter. According to our internal systems Stop the Clock can still be added to customers accounts. Indeed, we've just tested this with a PAYG SIM from the cupboard and were able to add Stop the Clock without any issue so it would appear that Stop The Clock can still be added.

So as to prevent any confusion on this matter I have requested an update from the project manager for Stop the Clock and will post my findings as soon as I get them.

George
eForum Team
Message 16 of 19 (5,693 Views)
aliby121

Stop The Clock

stc can only be added 191 customer services. At this point they are not able to add it on :(
Message 17 of 19 (5,693 Views)
Moderator (Retired)
George

Stop The Clock

Hi there,

I've had word back from the project managers for Stop the Clock on PAYG and on contract and have been advised the following:

On Contract, Stop the Clock can be added for £5 a month, this includes new and existing customers.

On PAYG, we are no longer adding Stop the Clock, however customers that still have it on their accounts can still use it.

I trust that clears matters up for everyone :).

George
eForum Team
Message 18 of 19 (5,693 Views)
AnnS

Stop The Clock

Hi there George,

Does that mean the incorrect information on the help section of the forum will now be amended to avoid confusion ?

You mention that Stop the Clock is available for contract customers, does that include SIM only and 30 days roll over contracts or is it only 18 month plans ?
Ann
Message 19 of 19 (5,693 Views)