Support:

Pay monthly services

Ask a question:
Rank 1: Guest
Riccyboy

Text messages apparently received from 41117 number showing on my iPad bill????

I have just checked my iPad bill and there are sporadic text messages showing as being received from the number 41117, each of which is showing as costing me 10p! My iPad doesn't receive text messages and this appears to be a scam, although I known that a similar number, 41117, is a Vodafone live service.

Can anyone help?

Thanks.

Message 1 of 10 (4,556 Views)
Tech Team
Ben_H

Re: Text messages apparently received from 41117 number showing on my iPad bill????

Hi Riccyboy,

Thanks for getting in touch and flagging this with my team. If you're unaware of where the subscription came from, it may be worthwhile getting in touch with IMImobile Europe Ltd who can provide details of the service. While the service is operated by us, it is provided by IMImobile Europe Ltd. 

You can find more details here.

If you need to cancel the service in the meantime, it may be worthwhile trying the SIM card in a phone and texting 'STOP' (in capitals without the quotation marks) to 41117. :smileyhappy:

Cheers, Ben

I’m part of the Vodafone Tech Team and here to help. As this is a public forum, we can only answer non account specific queries. Please note, we’re unable to reply to private messages.

If you see a helpful post, please click the 'Thanks' button to let the author know. If a post solves your query, please click the ‘This is the Answer?’ button. This helps others find helpful answers in the community too.

Message 2 of 10 (4,519 Views)
Rank 14: Guide III
Gavin78

Re: Text messages apparently received from 41117 number showing on my iPad bill????

Hi,

The number 41117 is indeed an old vodafone live service. The stop command will not work. Give customer services a call and they will stop it for you. It is a really old service and some of the advisors struggle with it because it is such a rare occurance. If they don't sound sure of it ask them to find someone who has worked there for 5 years or so and they will sort it out.

Message 3 of 10 (4,516 Views)
Katy1964

Had the same problem. According to the Customer service (sic) rep you are all liars. Quote Do you belive everything you read in the news or on forums unquote.

Letter on its way to Newbury Cc. to newspapers, local M.P. and otello.

Message 4 of 10 (3,948 Views)
Rank 29: Mentor III
biffo1963

"According to the Customer service (sic) rep you are all liars. Quote Do you believe everything you read in the news or on forums unquote."

I should like to nominate the above as an early candidate for "post of the week"     :smileyvery-happy:

Message 5 of 10 (3,929 Views)
longtermcustoma

Quote "It is a really old service and some of the advisors struggle with it because it is such a rare occurance. If they don't sound sure of it ask them to find someone who has worked there for 5 years or so and they will sort it out"  

Some similarities to my experience.  When, as Customers we might not have 'our Anoracks fully zipped up' how are we supposed to know if the CS adviser is 'savvy' with regard to the circumsatnces of the event ?   

With todays knowlledge manmgement capabilities it can't take much to enter the details into a knowledgebase, available worldwide in case you call has been diverted to the other side of the globe, so the operator keys in 41117 and it says "this is an old PRS code dating to xxxxx and thus behaves differently to more recent codes.  It is important to let the customer know x y z"

Then you coukd take the obligation away from the custome to know "ah, this adviser has joined since 41117 was a commom occuranve, so I need to ask for a longer server"

Message 6 of 10 (3,909 Views)
HenriqueSilva

[ Edited ]

please no send me n mor texts for news cust   me my money am no employer am put 15 pounds in my fone (removed for security) you vodafone robed my money am no use for nathing in my a credit is 7 pounds wy try free bee 10 pounds i have every mounth this now no have wy this happens to me.?this number 41117 no anymore wy text me anytime for take my money.

Message 7 of 10 (383 Views)
Rank 32: Scholar I
63johnw

Please edit your post and remove your number, uou should not post your number on a public forum

Fotor0629191212.jpg

Message 8 of 10 (378 Views)
Rank 36: Scholar V
hrym

If that's genuine, it needs to be tracked down and dealt with.  This is an official Vodafone forum and, while anyone's free to post, it is monitored and moderated and any incorrect statements would be dealt with.

I'm not sure exactly how data SIMs work and whether this is possible, but there have been a few cases of numbers being recycled with SMS subscriptions attached to them.  Does a data SIM have a number (even if hidden)?

Message 9 of 10 (371 Views)
Tech Team
Ben_H

Hi folks,

HenriqueSilva - If you need a hand checking your Freebee subscription or balance, take a look here for how to get in touch. We aim to reply to emails within 48 hours. If you need a quicker response, please visit our Contact Us page.

hyrm - Data SIMs do indeed have a mobile number associated with them. This is why some customers get confused when they see an unfamiliar number on their bill. :smileyhappy:

Cheers, Ben

I’m part of the Vodafone Tech Team and here to help. As this is a public forum, we can only answer non account specific queries. Please note, we’re unable to reply to private messages.

If you see a helpful post, please click the 'Thanks' button to let the author know. If a post solves your query, please click the ‘This is the Answer?’ button. This helps others find helpful answers in the community too.

Message 10 of 10 (345 Views)