Support:

Pay monthly services

Ask a question:
Rank 1: Guest
sarhuggz

Transferring Telephone Numbers From One Account To Another

Hello,

Please can someone help me!?!

I have a Vodafone contract in my mums name and I have now taken out a Vodafone contract in my name but I want to end the contract in my mums name (the minimum contract term is now up) and keep the same number. I have received a PAC from Vodafone but do not know what to do with it now! I can't find any help on the Vodafone website and I have tried calling 191 but I'm not sure which option I need.

I have pre-ordered the Nokia N97 so it has not yet been dispatched. I really want to sort this out before the phone is dispatched.

Replies are greatly appreciated.

Kind Regards,

Sarah
Message 1 of 6 (2,137 Views)
Anonymous(anon)

it's not possible to transfer the number to an existing account.

you'll have to set up a new account to use the PAC

Nice
Message 2 of 6 (2,137 Views)
sarhuggz

it's not possible to transfer the number to an existing account.

you'll have to set up a new account to use the PAC

Nice

Thank you Nice! I spoke to Customer Service a few days ago and they told me they could do it - I'm sure some people tell you things just to get you off the phone :angry: ! I think it will be easier just to have a new number.

Thanks again :rolleyes:
Message 3 of 6 (2,137 Views)
Rank 47: Master I
AnnS

If you dont use the PAC, the contract will roll over unless it is cancelled.

As you are unable to change number between contracts, you could put the number onto PAYG so the number is not lost.
Ann
Message 4 of 6 (2,137 Views)
sarhuggz

If you dont use the PAC, the contract will roll over unless it is cancelled.

As you are unable to change number between contracts, you could put the number onto PAYG so the number is not lost.

Great idea...Thank you Ann x
Message 5 of 6 (2,137 Views)
Tech Team
LeeJS

Hi sarhuggz,

Firstly, let me be the first to welcome you to the eForum which as you can see is crammed with lots of really helpful people.

As Ann quite rightly points out you wouldn't be able to transfer your mobile numbers between contracts, however, as well as try to arrange for the number to be transferred to PAYG which will enable you to benefit from our great Freedom Packs had you considered transfering ownership of your current number into your own name and take advantage of one of our amazing SIM only deals. Click on the link if you want more details om our transfer of ownership process.

Thanks,

Lee

eForum Team

I’m part of the Vodafone Tech Team and here to help. As this is a public forum, we can only answer non account specific queries. Please note, we’re unable to reply to private messages.

If you see a helpful post, please click the 'Thanks' button to let the author know. If a post solves your query, please click the ‘This is the Answer?’ button. This helps others find helpful answers in the community too.

Message 6 of 6 (2,137 Views)