Support:

Pay monthly services

Ask a question:
Rank 1: Guest
gonzopete

Upgrade Issues

Hi, I have recently utilised your early upgrade option to aquire a Samsung Galaxy S2 on a £41 a month tarrif, £6 per month more than I was paying. I received an email telling me this handset may be running 4 weeks behind in stock. I spoke to my local store and they have confirmed they have stock of this phone but that I am not eligible for an instore upgrade.

My query is, surely if a local store has stock they can let me have a handset as they all originate from the same warehouse and you are all the same company.

It is my understanding that bureaucracy, red-tape and procedure mean you would rather risk losing my custom than letting me have a handset you have no doubt earmarked for a "new" customer.

I have had two handsets on my account for a number of years and am left feeling a little let down by Vodafone. It seems my loyalty counts for nothing according to the various customer services advisors I have spoken to regarding this issue.

Sorry to rant on but this "computer says no" business ethic is condescending and irritating.

I feel I may be forced to take my custom elsewhere-where at least as a new customer I'll be rolled out the red carpet.

Message 1 of 6 (3,338 Views)
gonzopete

Re: Upgrade Issues

Do any moderators have any further options before I cancel my upgrade and request my PAC number???

Message 2 of 6 (3,312 Views)
Tech Team
James

[ Edited ]

Hi gonzopete,

Welcome to the Vodafone eForum from all of the team.

Unfortunately this is a difficult one as when it comes to any order made we are unable to allocate stock to that order from another sales channel.

Although we are one company each sales channel has a specific amount of stock and we are unable to transfer allocated stock from one channel to a deal done in another.

Basically if you wanted to do this in store, you would need to contact the online store to cancel you current order, then process this again in the store that has the stock available.

James

eForum Team

I’m part of the Vodafone Tech Team and here to help. As this is a public forum, we can only answer non account specific queries. Please note, we’re unable to reply to private messages.

If you see a helpful post, please click the 'Thanks' button to let the author know. If a post solves your query, please click the ‘This is the Answer?’ button. This helps others find helpful answers in the community too.

Message 3 of 6 (3,300 Views)
gonzopete

OK thanks, you'll forgive if I still think it is somewhat ridiculous.
On another subject, I heard that someone with two phones on their account may be entitled to a discount-is this correct???
Message 4 of 6 (3,277 Views)
gaylek

This is sounding very familiar to me......i upgraded online after being told i could not do it in store - NO WHERE on the site did it say they were out of stock of the Galaxy, if they had i might have looked at a different phone, as there were a few i liked...

I am STILL waiting for an email, even after telephoning, they said 'there is a delay' - that is it - no idea of when the email would come out or when the phone would be in stock - nothing....

Unbelievable.

If i had known all of this i would have cancelled my contract.

I am quite disgusted with the service to be honest.

Message 5 of 6 (3,260 Views)
Moderator (Retired)
Martin

Hi gonzopete

Discounts are always account specific, they are also handset specific. The best thing to do is ask what you can get at the point of purchase to make sure that you can get the best offer available to you.

With early upgrades, these are normally set to the price plan that is selected for the new contract. When you are within the last 70 days of your contract, you will have different options on your upgrade.

Martin

eForum Team

Message 6 of 6 (3,252 Views)