Support:

Pay monthly services

Ask a question:
Rank 1: Guest
justinw999

Upgrade date changes more times than a traffic light!

Hi

My upgrade date seems to change more times than a traffic light at a busy intersection!

This morning I could upgrade, this afternoon its end of July. Last week it was June, has been March, Sept, June.

Very frustrating - I would have upgraded today, but alas now cannot. Everytime I am "permitted" to upgrade I do my research only to find out when I go back its no longer avail?

Why?

Message 1 of 24 (4,614 Views)
Rank 29: Mentor III
Magicman13

Re: Upgrade date changes more times than a traffic light!

The upgrade date has always contractually been the last day of your commitment period. Vodafone  Did offer a Goodwill gesture early upgrade of 180 days and 90 days before the end of your contract, but this was withdrawn in February.

The earliest at which customers can now upgrade is 50 days before the end of contract. Although this is subject to change.

Respice post te, mortalem te esse memento
Message 2 of 24 (4,610 Views)
Rank 28: Mentor II
biffo1963

Something very odd there - given that earliest upgrade dates have been fixed at 50 days for some time, I can't see why the system told you one thing this morning and another this afternoon.

Message 3 of 24 (4,599 Views)
Tech Team
Tech Team
Kay

Good Afternoon justinw999, 

Welcome to the eForum! :smileyhappy:

I understand where the confusion lies, please follow the instructions in the private message I've just sent and a member of the team will be in touch as soon as possible. 

You can find your PM inbox here.

Best Wishes, 

Kay

I’m part of the Vodafone Tech Team and here to help. As this is a public forum, we can only answer non account specific queries. Please note, we’re unable to reply to private messages.

If you see a helpful post, please click the 'Thanks' button to let the author know. If a post solves your query, please click the ‘This is the Answer?’ button. This helps others find helpful answers in the community too.

Message 4 of 24 (4,598 Views)
retro

I've just had a lengthy pointless phone conversation with vodafone about this, the outcome being I will be leaving them at the end of my contract!

Message 5 of 24 (4,563 Views)
Tech Team
Ben_H

Hi retro,

As you can see from the online statement here, my team are able to honour your original upgrade date if we can see that you have seen another date on 'My Account' in the past. I've popped instructions on how to reach my team if this is something you'd like to take advantage of. You can find your PM inbox here. :smileywink:

Cheers, Ben

I’m part of the Vodafone Tech Team and here to help. As this is a public forum, we can only answer non account specific queries. Please note, we’re unable to reply to private messages.

If you see a helpful post, please click the 'Thanks' button to let the author know. If a post solves your query, please click the ‘This is the Answer?’ button. This helps others find helpful answers in the community too.

Message 6 of 24 (4,543 Views)
retro

Yeah I know that from my lengthy phone call, I was told I can upgrade over the phone on the date I had previously seen on my account BUT.... only over the phone!!!. Basically it means I CAN NOT go into carphone warehouse as I was expecting to do as usual and continue my contract with Vodafone.

Like I say, due to this I'll have to just go when my contract ends and just cancel it and go with someone else!, I'm going to upgrade my wife's o2 phone today, her contract was taken out one month before my Vodafone contract meaning I would be doing my own in a month... now I have to wait until July????, I don't think so!!

The guy on the phone from Vodafone told me this had annoyed a lot of customers and it HAS.

BIG mistake by Vodafone here.

Message 7 of 24 (4,537 Views)
retro

BTW I won't be doing anything via PM, I will be doing this here where Vodafone customers can read it!!!

Message 8 of 24 (4,536 Views)
Tech Team
Wayne

Hi retro,

I appreciate how frustrating this must be for you but we can only discuss your account off the eForum due to security issues.

I’m sure that we can offer you something great so please give us a chance. Even if there isn’t anything that you like the sound of, you’re in no worse position. Simply email us back and we’d love to discuss this with you further.

Thanks

Wayne

Message 9 of 24 (4,498 Views)
Rank 2: First Poster
ianmy

Hi Ben, so does this mean that i will be able to upgrade on the 14th July as this was my original upgrade date

Ian
Message 10 of 24 (4,482 Views)
Tech Team
Ian_C

Hi ianmy,

Many thanks for your post and welcome.

We’ll be happy to look at upgrade options for you.

I’ve sent you a private message with details of how to contact us if you do need any help with this.

You can find your PM Inbox here. If you can't access this link, please ensure that the box next to "Turn on private messages" is ticked on this page, and let us know if you need any further assistance.

Let me take this opportunity to show you how Vodafone like to say thank you; take a look at VIP.

Cheers

Ian

Message 11 of 24 (4,467 Views)
sthomas85

Message 12 of 24 (4,433 Views)
Moderator (Retired)
PaulE

Hi sthomas85, 

I've just replied to your other post here  :smileyhappy:

Paul

Message 13 of 24 (4,422 Views)
Rank 13: Guide II
cjm1979

[ Edited ]

Ian_C wrote:

Hi ianmy,

Many thanks for your post and welcome.

We’ll be happy to look at upgrade options for you.

I’ve sent you a private message with details of how to contact us if you do need any help with this.

You can find your PM Inbox here. If you can't access this link, please ensure that the box next to "Turn on private messages" is ticked on this page, and let us know if you need any further assistance.

Let me take this opportunity to show you how Vodafone like to say thank you; take a look at VIP.

Cheers

Ian

Hi Ian. Would you be able to drop me a PM too about this too please as ive just gone to look at my upgrade and realised the date as changed and im having problems with my phone atm and so was kind of banking on it.. Cheers.

Message 14 of 24 (4,413 Views)
sekulla

im having the same problem ment to be in june but now its moved to NOVEMBER!! appalled. need some help!!

Message 15 of 24 (4,152 Views)
Rank 47: Master I
AnnS

sekulla wrote:

im having the same problem ment to be in june but now its moved to NOVEMBER!! appalled. need some help!!

I just replied in your thread below which would explain about the early upgrade change. 

The earliest you are now able to upgrade is 50 days before the end of your contract with those 50 days added onto the new contract.

http://forum.vodafone.co.uk/t5/Pay-Monthly-Services/why-does-my-upgrade-date-keep-changing/m-p/11372...

Ann
Message 16 of 24 (4,149 Views)
rejoco

I'm another victim of the traffic light upgrade date. It used to be 22nd May (ish).

Now it's in October.

There's no chance i'd have signed up to this.

I was told at the time i took the contract that I was eligible in 12 months.

To make it worse my yr old HTC Sensation reboots during calls, the fix apparently is to post it to repairs with no estimated return time, and to buy a payg handset to use while it's away!

I have quite an email trail including a link to how i can buy a payg handset to use in the interim. 

Message 17 of 24 (4,137 Views)
amcgowan

Hi all,

I have the same problem. I have been with Vodafone for many years and can honestly say that up until @ 7 months ago the service has been fantastic.

It now seems that it is excuse after excuse with reasons why early upgrades are no longer available. I undersatnd that its 50 days but with my 9 contracts all being moved twice now and also being unable to purchase a phone over the phone with customer services its quite poor service.

I will not deal with the VF stores as i beleive the service is quite poor and up until @ 7 months ago the service over the phone was great.

I am also looking at other service providers to move my contracts to once they have finished with VF, and hopefully they will

appreciate just over 4k a year.

Message 18 of 24 (4,132 Views)
Rank 47: Master I
AnnS

amcgowan wrote:

Hi all,

I have the same problem. I have been with Vodafone for many years and can honestly say that up until @ 7 months ago the service has been fantastic.

It now seems that it is excuse after excuse with reasons why early upgrades are no longer available. I undersatnd that its 50 days but with my 9 contracts all being moved twice now and also being unable to purchase a phone over the phone with customer services its quite poor service.

I will not deal with the VF stores as i beleive the service is quite poor and up until @ 7 months ago the service over the phone was great.

I am also looking at other service providers to move my contracts to once they have finished with VF, and hopefully they will

appreciate just over 4k a year.

Early upgrades are at the networks discretion and were in place for customers who must have the latest handset or who were desperate for a new phone.

Orange now only other an arly upgrade in the last 45 days or the contract and 02 in the last 30 days.

If you upgrade early, the remaining months are added onto the new contract making it a very long time before you would be eligible for an upgrade on the new contract and there will be a premium price to pay for upgrading early.

There is no reason to let the network have the upper hand with upgrading, if you wait until you in in the upgrade period, you would be able to get a better deal.

If you read previous threads, the subject of the early upgrade offer has been discussed many times.

Ann
Message 19 of 24 (4,093 Views)
amcgowan

Hi Ann,

Many thanks for the reply.

I understand that VF have the 50 day upgrade plan, but i think myself and many peoples problem is that it has changed twice and although this may be O.K for the people just taking out contracts with VF, people like myself who have had the contracts for many years feel a little let down.

You mention that we should not let the Network providers get the upper hand but in our case its VF that seem to always have the upper hand and no real leway for the paying public. I would not mind paying a small fee to upgrade early.

I feel that the VF service has let a vast majority of people down lately with the upgrade system as well as the after sales service, that is why i am looking to take my 9 contracts elsewhere. I am not really concerned who the service provider is as long as i can receive my emails, make calls and have good value for money with good after sales service.

I am only a small fish in a very large sea and the 4k i spend each year wont be missed by VF, but i am sure that another network would welcome my business.

Regards

Message 20 of 24 (4,073 Views)