Support:

Pay monthly services

Ask a question:
Rank 1: Guest
DavidMyers

Upgrade or Termination of my contract

I am still absolutely furious over this early upgrade change. How can you make such a change overnight without any warning I have been relying on this upgrade that I was meant to have today for months considering my current phone (blackberry bold) is on its last legs, screen keeps blacking out, speaker is broke, camera is broke, battery lasts a few hours max and keep turning off in my pocket I am not keeping this until April which is the new proposed date I can change, I have emailed Vodafone and received an automated email back saying I will hear back within 48 hours!!! I have been a Vodafone customer for 8 years and have heard numerous story's of poor customer service that I hadn't experienced myself until today, so, I want an upgrade or alternatively I want to terminate my contract with immediate effect, someone please help and don't suggest an email with a code in the subject box because I have been there and done that, Thankyou.
Message 41 of 352 (3,729 Views)
DavidMyers

Re: Upgrade or Termination of my contract

Can anybody help? As this is just going to slip down the forum without reply.
Message 42 of 352 (3,717 Views)
StephJH

doubt yourll get a responce from anyone from vodafone they seem to be ignoring this thread

i rung up and the guy saud the early 190 day upgrade policy was withdrawn around xmas.. Clearly not true as it was being offerd to be even up till last night which he could only appoligise for, He then went on to say i had six months left and would be 160 to cancel my contract and there was no longer the option to downgrade either.

so im pretty stuffed basically and nothing can be done. i have to wait til april or cancel and pay a fortune. im just so annoyed that this has happend and they cant even be bother to admit or give explanations

Message 43 of 352 (3,709 Views)
dannyscott27

Vodafone Removed All Early Upgrade Removal Complaints?

Notice my post from last night has been removed alongside others from today - bad publicity Vodafone???

Message 44 of 352 (3,707 Views)
DavidMyers

The customer service is appalling I actually checked my account last night and it still said the 19th January 2012 so as for it being withdrawn around Christmas that's a load of rubbish.
Message 45 of 352 (3,706 Views)
Rank 28: Mentor II
biffo1963

The early upgrades have always been  a rip-off - high prices, poor choices - so wiithdrawiing them is one of the best things Vodafone could have done.  BUT - having done that, with contracts getting ever longer and handsets becoming ever less robust they now need to find another way to help customers whose phones have given up the ghost !

Message 46 of 352 (3,689 Views)
StephJH

exactly. I checked last night too.. just in case and in the hope they might have let me done it then instead of waiting tillt he morning lol and it still said 19th Jan!. So the christmas excuse is rubbish and even if this was true and there was just a malfunction that is still just not on imo

Message 47 of 352 (3,683 Views)
DenisexThomson

Re: Upgrade?!

I was speaking to vodafone twitter today and they replied that 'the 190 day early upgrade is PURELY a goodwill gesture and its theyre right to withdraw this whenever they please' My accuont said I could get the upgrade on the 19th of January last night about half 11 and as soon as midnight struck it was changed to 28th of April .. Complete joke

Message 48 of 352 (3,681 Views)
Rank 28: Mentor II
biffo1963

They were telling the truth, it was only ever a goodwill gesture - none of the other networks offers it.    Of course, it was intended to make money as well - obviously it didn't make enough !

Message 49 of 352 (3,677 Views)
Community Manager (Retired)
Community Manager (Retired)
Tom

Hi Everyone,

We posted on the first page of this thread to provide a link to information about this: http://forum.vodafone.co.uk/t5/About-the-Community-and-Latest/Advanced-Upgrades/m-p/982161/message-u...

dannyscot27, none of your posts have been removed from the forum. You've posted a total two times, one post being the one above, and the other being here. If we ever remove anything from the forum, we'll notify you by email.

Thanks,

Tom

Message 50 of 352 (3,637 Views)
Rank 2: First Poster
nancy

You provided a link to information TOO LATE. If the advanced upgrades were withdrawn in December, accounts shouldn't still have said a date in January to upgrade. Would have been nice if someone offered an apology for not telling anyone BEFORE the change was introduced.  I can safely say, Vodafone no longer offers "the best upgrades"

Message 51 of 352 (3,589 Views)
craighall260

Re: 190 day early upgrade

Hi, I am in the exact same position. Exer since I took my contract out whenever I looked into an early upgrate I was given todays date of 20th January 2012. However I checked today to ensure it said that I am able to ugrade and the date has changed to 29th April :-S Will I still be able to upgrade now? I think that I should be able to afer being given todays date for so long.

Many thanks.

Craig Hall

Message 52 of 352 (3,584 Views)
ezijderveld

Re: 190 day early upgrade

Hi,It is infuriating to be hones, mine was showing for months "early upgrade" now, or full upgrade 20 January, checked it today and it jumped to the 21st. No one really knows why, but they thought it might have to do with the leap year being taken into account suddenly. At the moment I just feel like not upgrading at all and cancelling my contract, I spend so much money with Vodafone over the last year and they just block me on the phone and tell me to write to vodafone to cancel my contract, sorry but unbelievably bad customer service in my view

Message 53 of 352 (3,574 Views)
kurtfhouse

Early Upgrade Option DIsappeared??

For the last few months when I've logged in to my account its stated that I could early upgrade from the 13th of January 2012. I checked after this date and sure enough the option was there.

I was considering upgrading to a Galaxy Nexus. I logged in yesterday to check what the likely cost would be and now the upgrade option has changed to the 22nd of April?? Why?

To confuse things even more I rang 191 to check to see if it was an error on the website and that says I can't upgrade until May?

Any guidance would be much appreciated.

Message 54 of 352 (3,571 Views)
Shazza2108

Upgrade to iPhone

My upgrade date has unexpectedly changed from 19 January 2012 to 28 April 2012.  I understand that Vodafone posted a message yesterday at 10:14 explaining that the early upgrade option had been rescinded, however I should have had the option to upgrade from 00:01 on 19 January and this wasn't possible.  I have since read on another post that someone was in the same situation but when she clicked a link to upgrade to iPhone she was able to do it.  I too want to upgrade to the iPhone 4S and wondered if this is possible for me?

Look forward to hearing from someone on the team :smileyhappy:

Message 55 of 352 (3,551 Views)
Shazza2108

Re: Upgrade to iPhone

Why is it that people posting after me are getting a response from Tech Team and I haven't had one yet?

Thanks

Message 56 of 352 (3,540 Views)
azure_ice

Re: 90 early upgrade soon to end

Hi

I have the same problem - lsat week it said I was due an upgrade around 23rd Jan I think, but now it says May!

Message 57 of 352 (3,530 Views)
azure_ice

Re: Upgrade to iPhone

Yes I distinctly remember being told when I took out my contract that I could upgrade 6 months before the end of the contract.. lies. Not really surprising that I was also taken off Stop the Clock and told that based on my usage (which has been unchanged) I would never go over my minutes.. hmm a £72 phone bill suggests otherwise. Disgusted with Vodafone's customer service..or lack of!

Message 58 of 352 (3,530 Views)
DavidWilcox

I have been a Vodafone customer for years and was due to be upgraded today. I have been checking out new phones and tariffs since before xmas, visited the Vodafone shop to help me decide and was so excited. I even went online at 11:00pm last night and it still said that I had to wait till 20th January and then this morning it states 29th April.

I am absolutley disgusted with the way that Vodafone think they can just change the goal posts without any prior warning whatsoever. I tried calling to complain about it but got an adviser who could barely speak English and they did not seem to care at all.

Vodafone customer service is rubbish. When my contract expires for both of my phones I will be cancelling and going somewhere that knows how to treat their customers.

Message 59 of 352 (3,518 Views)
craighall260

Hi, I have just spoken to a woman via 191 who I could barely understand...however (I think) she came up with some solution that is available that means that I will be able to upgrade today!!! Due to her poor english I asked if I could arrange it in my local Vodafone shop and she said I could. I am going there this afternoon and update on my progress tonight.

Craig Hall 

Message 60 of 352 (3,511 Views)