Support:

Pay monthly services

Ask a question:
Rank 1: Guest
markpaulene

Re: Upgrade?!

was phoned by customer services one or two days after posting to be told yes i could upgrade both phones, sorted out the phone i was having and thought great, this was about 10 am

then i got a call about 12-12.30 ish saying i could upgrade one phone but not the other? so i said i would wait

then i get a call from the same person that had said i could upgrade saying he had made a mistake?? and said i could upgrade one but not the other and asking why i had canncelled the upgrade he had sorted (was not the phone that needed upgradeing) out and telling me the price may go up, so i sent email back and forth to vodaphone but with no joy, they dont give a flying ---- to anybody so im just waiting till the end of my contract and i will see about sorting out the supplier?? good luck to you all you will need it 

Message 161 of 352 (3,855 Views)
torn

im also in the same boat, my upgrade was ment to be today but its been changed to the 12th of may :smileysad:. Whats the deal vodafone!?
Message 162 of 352 (3,852 Views)
oldmcgee

Same for me. 2 phones, 10 years of business with them. One of the phones is never even on 3g because of a known fault they didn't help with!
Time to go I think! Rubbish.
Message 163 of 352 (3,830 Views)
Devers102

My Renewal date for my contract has changed Why?

Hi, previously when checking my account and when I am eligible for an upgrade the date was sometime in July. I have checked today and for some reason this now shows as September. Why?

Message 164 of 352 (3,817 Views)
geoffo

Re: Early Upgrade

hi why is it my early upgrade as dissapeared of my account and date change from april to july any one help please .

Message 165 of 352 (3,802 Views)
Rank 27: Mentor I
_365_

Re: Early Upgrade

The early upgrade policy has changed in last few days...you can normally upgrade 60 days before, and for last year(?) Vodafone allowed you to upgrade online 180 days before for a premium ....ie pay more for handset. Not sure when this changed but read a few posts in last 2 days about it
Message 166 of 352 (3,799 Views)
notahappygirl

90 day Upgrade Option - Change of Terms Notification "um well were was it then"

OOPs they  "forgot" to tell us, have been wating to upgrade since December as my handdset is broken, rang vodafone on the 23rd of December and was told you cannot upgrade until 7th of Feb, so log in and find that this has not been changed to May, so called them and was told June and a very snotty call centre op tells me that it was a "special offer" and expired on the 7th of Jan and the reson i was not told is because they didnt know until the 7th, so asked why it was not pointed out when i took out my contract and had a feebly i dont know and then a firm sorry we were unable to help you and then she hung up NOT HAPPY WITH YOU VODAFONE, dishonest and misleading !!!! and after being a customer for 9 years, I will not be after my contrct expires!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Message 167 of 352 (3,778 Views)
jock999

Re: 90 day Upgrade Option - Change of Terms Notification "um well were was it then"

Same happened to me. Earliest upgrade date has always been shown as 13th Feb 2012. Logged in to my account yesterday and it has changed to 23rd May 2012. Tried to speak with someone on Vodafone Live Chat yesterday to find out why it has changed, but was put on hold for half an hour before I got fed up and sent an Email instead. Still waiting on a reply.

Message 168 of 352 (3,769 Views)
Rank 34: Scholar III
mari1970

Re: 90 day Upgrade Option - Change of Terms Notification "um well were was it then"

Hi notahappygirl,

Am sorry you are not pleased with the situation, but the early upgrade option was never a part of your contract with Vodafone..

This was an extra service that Vodafone offered and as such could be withdrawn at anytime..

I have provided a link with regards to this

http://forum.vodafone.co.uk/t5/About-the-Community-and-Latest/Advanced-Upgrades/td-p/982161

Message 169 of 352 (3,768 Views)
mari1970

[ Edited ]

Hi jock999,

Here is a link that will give you the information that you require with regards to the early upgrade option

http://forum.vodafone.co.uk/t5/About-the-Community-and-Latest/Advanced-Upgrades/td-p/982161

Message 170 of 352 (3,766 Views)
notahappygirl

That's all well and good but WHY DID NO ONE from VODAFONE mention this when I called just a few weeks earlier or when i took out my contract, the sales guy actually pushed the 24 month contract because of the upgrade early option, so can you see why i feel MISLED and LIED TO. do you guys not have any inter company memo's
Message 171 of 352 (3,753 Views)
notahappygirl

And wait for it........... No Reply! and NO APOLOGY !
Message 172 of 352 (3,741 Views)
markpaulene

hi just read your problem and im in the same bout as you, with all the problems about upgrade on here you would think vodaphone would reply to the problems we are having, but no they just put there head in the sand!! like yourself i think its time to look about to get a better service, i also think its time we all got together and tried to do somthing about it as vodaphone are just kicking us up the ###### and taking our money, so we need to do somthing

thanks

mark

Message 173 of 352 (3,709 Views)
lgreenslade

Upgrade date changed!?

Hi all

just a quick question I have had my IPhone for a while now and I have previously looked at my upgrade date online and it was Sep 2012,

I have also recently got a contract for my girlfriend and as a result the date has now changed to Jan 2013!!

can you tell me why?

Regards

Lee

Message 174 of 352 (3,754 Views)
JamesRichards

Re: Upgrade date changed!?

Posted from Facebook
I can answer that, it's because Vodafone are cheap and decided to cancel the early upgrade option because it's too "expensive" They claim its the customers who voted that, but that is a lie i believe. Now you have to await 90 days before contract is up before you can renew. Don't you just love vodafone
Message 175 of 352 (3,726 Views)
JamesRichards

Upgrade date changed, love it (not)

Posted from Facebook
Hello there Just got off the phone to you guys concerning the reasons behind why my upgrade date has changed to May instead of February. Seriously, when did the customer decide it was better to upgrade later. When did the customer decide it was too expensive to upgrade early with limited handsets. Thanks for making people wait longer to upgrade now, you'll get a few emails/calls from angry people.
Message 176 of 352 (3,741 Views)
emmakay16

Re: Upgrade date changed, love it (not)

I feel exactly the same. I check online here quite  alot and it has always said I can upgrade from 14th feb 2012. I have been looking forward to this for ages as I am sick of my phone now - i have a blackberry and it has gone so slow and with all the problems there has been this year it just simply isnt worth what im paying. Came online today to check my upgrade to find it has changed to 24th may 2012. Very unhappy!!! Vodafone advisors arent helpful and are very rude. Vodafone are going to find a lot of very unhappy customers about this. With most other networks you can upgrade much earlier and dont get messed about it in the long run.

Message 177 of 352 (3,706 Views)
mari1970

Hi lgreenslade,

Taking out a new contract for your girlfriend would have no effect on your upgrade date..

Vodafone no longer offer an early upgrade, so your online account will have been updated to reflect your upgrade dates..

I have provided a link for you with regards to this

Message 178 of 352 (3,705 Views)
Rank 44: Oracle III
Nabs

JamesRichards wrote:
I can answer that, it's because Vodafone are cheap and decided to cancel the early upgrade option because it's too "expensive" They claim its the customers who voted that, but that is a lie i believe. Now you have to await 90 days before contract is up before you can renew. Don't you just love vodafone

JamesRichards,

The early upgrade has nothing to do with Vodafone being 'cheap'. 

There were a large number of complaints from customers who found themselves faced with expensive upgrade costs. These cost were of course completely justified as you are still in a contract and still paying to cover the cost of your existing handset.

By offering 90 day upgrades Vodafone are still giving existing customer upgrade options 2 months before any other uk network, all of which will only let you upgrade when you reach your final month.e

Find this post useful? Give it the thumbs up below!

Message 179 of 352 (3,696 Views)
ThatDaveCarter

All that Vodafone have done here is successfully push me on to another network.

Thanks for nothing. -- Well, at least now I'll be able to go somewhere with a faster data connection, and better customer service.
Message 180 of 352 (3,680 Views)