Ask a question:
Rank 1: Guest
MrJohnnyB
Accepted Solution

Upgrades?!

I am shortly due an upgrade, I have been unable to use the website to do this (think I am classed as a business customer!) The local shop seem disinterested (apparently it is closing fairly iminently). I have been offered a Samsung Galaxy SII by P4U on broadly the same deal as I am doing at the moment, but ultimately don't want to involve the middle man (I also feel like I'm talking to a letting agent or used car salesman when I enter a P4U shop!), could vodafone do anything for me at this stage?

I know previously I have done it all via email which is my preference because you then have everything in writing, not a huge fan of doing things over the phone after previous experiences (Not with Vodafone I add!). Is this possible? I tried sending an enquiry via the site but they're saying this is not possible?!

Message 1 of 15 (2,898 Views)
Tech Team
Ian_C

Re: Upgrades?!

Hi MrJohnnyB,

Thanks for your post.

It’s disappointing to read about your experiences in the local Vodafone store, but we’d like to try and get you a great value deal on your upgrade.

If you’d like to discuss this further, follow the instructions on the PM I’ve sent you and we’ll be in touch as soon as possible.

All of our calls are recorded, so if there’s anything that you’re unhappy with, the call can be listened to again.

Cheers

Ian

I’m part of the Vodafone Tech Team and here to help. As this is a public forum, we can only answer non account specific queries. Please note, we’re unable to reply to private messages.

If you see a helpful post, please click the 'Thanks' button to let the author know. If a post solves your query, please click the ‘This is the Answer?’ button. This helps others find helpful answers in the community too.

Message 2 of 15 (2,875 Views)
MrJohnnyB

I have tried clicking your hyperlink and the homepage inbox button but i get this error...

"Sorry, you do not have sufficient privileges for that action.

Please click the Back button on your browser."

have tried this on a couple of computers :smileysurprised:

Message 3 of 15 (2,859 Views)
Tech Team
James

Hi MrjohnnyB,

Thanks for your posit here.

We have updated your profile for you; please can you try this again and let us know if you are still unable to access your PM Inbox.

James

I’m part of the Vodafone Tech Team and here to help. As this is a public forum, we can only answer non account specific queries. Please note, we’re unable to reply to private messages.

If you see a helpful post, please click the 'Thanks' button to let the author know. If a post solves your query, please click the ‘This is the Answer?’ button. This helps others find helpful answers in the community too.

Message 4 of 15 (2,832 Views)
MrJohnnyB

Thanks for your help, I managed to send the requisite email but they were unable to help because the contract is a small business type contract. I was supposed to be receiving a call from someone to discuss upgrades, but this never happened.

Is it just simply a case that I can do nothing but wait until upgrade date ie the 20th July?! I am just confused as to why P4U seemed to think that they could do me a better deal but effectively keep my number and general contract info basically the same?!
Message 5 of 15 (2,739 Views)
MrJohnnyB

Surprised by the lack of reply?! All I'm wanting to do is pre-agree my upgrade which is due in 20 days so that I can ensure that I don't forget about it. If this is not possible then I wish someone would just say.

At this rate with the significantly cheaper offers one of your competitor offers on the S2 I maybe tempted to just pay the 2 months early cancellation fee and switch over as I'd be saving £11 a month and getting a phone much sooner with exactly the same minutes/texts - see carphone warehouse. Ultimately I am trying to do a deal now because I feel it is the best time to be agreeing my contract as the S2 seems to represent better value for money than it e ver has before because of the launch of the S3
Message 6 of 15 (2,709 Views)
Tech Team
DaveCD

Hi MrJohnnyB

Thank you for your post and please accept my apologies this has not been addressed sooner.:smileyhappy:

Amanda is chasing this up for you and one of the dedicated team will be in touch as soon as we can.

Many Thanks

DaveCD

eForum Team

Message 7 of 15 (2,674 Views)
MrJohnnyB

Thank you for the reply. I'll look forward to hearing from someone in due course.

Many thanks,

John

Message 8 of 15 (2,668 Views)
MrJohnnyB

Well, not a lot seems to have happened on this one. For some reason my upgrade date seems to have also changed from the 20th July to 29th August - cant really work out what's caused this, seems somewhat unexplained as I'd checked it numerous times. The whole process of contacting VF seems really tricky, I also feel that we pay a premium to be with vodafone yet seem to receive nothing for said premium (competitors offer significantly better deals).

Thanks to everyone who has tried to assist but I suspect that this business contract will be terminated at its contractual expiration date, or early termination maybe opted for subject to relative costs.

Message 9 of 15 (2,637 Views)
MrJohnnyB

If anyone actually is bothering with this forum post anymore I would just like to say that my upgrade date has now reverted back to the 20th of this month. Therefore I assume that my fixed contractual period expires 60 days thereafter (Being a business customer). A part of me really wants Vodafone to redeem themsevles after I have been a customer for such a long time, but all I really want is to pre-agree my phone upgrade as my current handset is on its last legs, but it seems as though no one is overly bothered with retaining us!

Message 10 of 15 (2,610 Views)
Tech Team
Ian_C

Hi MrJohnnyB,

Thanks for posting.  

I’m sorry about the delay in you receiving a call.

I’ve emailed our contact in the business department and asked for you to receive a call as soon as possible to discuss possible upgrade options.

Cheers

Ian

Message 11 of 15 (2,595 Views)
MrJohnnyB

[ Edited ]

Thanks a lot for your kind assistance, I'll twiddle my thumbs and await a call.

Message 12 of 15 (2,589 Views)
MrJohnnyB

[ Edited ]

Unfortuantely I missed a call from someone in the business department yesterday. I was promised a call back later that day, but alas, I am still waiting. I assume that people are just very busy. I did try to telephone the number back but I just received an automated message saying that they may try to phone back another time.

Is there a specific number or something that I can ring to save you guys running around?! The woman that rang left her name but I've forgotton it and deleted voicemail, which was rather silly of me! I'm suspecting that it may make sense just for me to wait the days until the 20th and just do it the old fashioned way. Just the thought of pre-agreeing it and then not having to worry about it seemed to make sense, particularly as competitors are doing such fantastic deals on the phones I want and it's a good way to twist VF's arm!!

Message 13 of 15 (2,552 Views)
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)
Lee

Hi there MrJohnnyB,

I'm sorry you missed your call.

I've forwarded your details again to the correct team. They'll be in touch as soon as they can.

Cheers,

Lee

Message 14 of 15 (2,543 Views)
MrJohnnyB

Just wanted to pass on my thanks to the forum team. Have now spoken to a very polite member of the VF upgrade team and was able to sort my upgrade. New phone arrives tomorrow so thanks for all your hard work!
Message 15 of 15 (2,513 Views)