08-06-2012 04:12 PM
I am shortly due an upgrade, I have been unable to use the website to do this (think I am classed as a business customer!) The local shop seem disinterested (apparently it is closing fairly iminently). I have been offered a Samsung Galaxy SII by P4U on broadly the same deal as I am doing at the moment, but ultimately don't want to involve the middle man (I also feel like I'm talking to a letting agent or used car salesman when I enter a P4U shop!), could vodafone do anything for me at this stage?
I know previously I have done it all via email which is my preference because you then have everything in writing, not a huge fan of doing things over the phone after previous experiences (Not with Vodafone I add!). Is this possible? I tried sending an enquiry via the site but they're saying this is not possible?!
Solved! See solution
09-06-2012 09:21 AM
Thanks for your post.
It’s disappointing to read about your experiences in the local Vodafone store, but we’d like to try and get you a great value deal on your upgrade.
If you’d like to discuss this further, follow the instructions on the PM I’ve sent you and we’ll be in touch as soon as possible.
All of our calls are recorded, so if there’s anything that you’re unhappy with, the call can be listened to again.
09-06-2012 02:18 PM
I have tried clicking your hyperlink and the homepage inbox button but i get this error...
"Sorry, you do not have sufficient privileges for that action.
Please click the Back button on your browser."
have tried this on a couple of computers
25-06-2012 03:43 PM
Is it just simply a case that I can do nothing but wait until upgrade date ie the 20th July?! I am just confused as to why P4U seemed to think that they could do me a better deal but effectively keep my number and general contract info basically the same?!
27-06-2012 06:58 PM
At this rate with the significantly cheaper offers one of your competitor offers on the S2 I maybe tempted to just pay the 2 months early cancellation fee and switch over as I'd be saving £11 a month and getting a phone much sooner with exactly the same minutes/texts - see carphone warehouse. Ultimately I am trying to do a deal now because I feel it is the best time to be agreeing my contract as the S2 seems to represent better value for money than it e ver has before because of the launch of the S3
29-06-2012 10:53 AM
01-07-2012 08:00 AM
Well, not a lot seems to have happened on this one. For some reason my upgrade date seems to have also changed from the 20th July to 29th August - cant really work out what's caused this, seems somewhat unexplained as I'd checked it numerous times. The whole process of contacting VF seems really tricky, I also feel that we pay a premium to be with vodafone yet seem to receive nothing for said premium (competitors offer significantly better deals).
Thanks to everyone who has tried to assist but I suspect that this business contract will be terminated at its contractual expiration date, or early termination maybe opted for subject to relative costs.
02-07-2012 12:36 PM
If anyone actually is bothering with this forum post anymore I would just like to say that my upgrade date has now reverted back to the 20th of this month. Therefore I assume that my fixed contractual period expires 60 days thereafter (Being a business customer). A part of me really wants Vodafone to redeem themsevles after I have been a customer for such a long time, but all I really want is to pre-agree my phone upgrade as my current handset is on its last legs, but it seems as though no one is overly bothered with retaining us!
02-07-2012 03:38 PM
04-07-2012 04:00 PM - edited 04-07-2012 04:08 PM
Unfortuantely I missed a call from someone in the business department yesterday. I was promised a call back later that day, but alas, I am still waiting. I assume that people are just very busy. I did try to telephone the number back but I just received an automated message saying that they may try to phone back another time.
Is there a specific number or something that I can ring to save you guys running around?! The woman that rang left her name but I've forgotton it and deleted voicemail, which was rather silly of me! I'm suspecting that it may make sense just for me to wait the days until the 20th and just do it the old fashioned way. Just the thought of pre-agreeing it and then not having to worry about it seemed to make sense, particularly as competitors are doing such fantastic deals on the phones I want and it's a good way to twist VF's arm!!