You are here:
Ask a question:
Rank 1: Guest
wayneselwood

VEA Discount

What a con!!!!

You have to purchase the new item and then apply for the discount within 30 days of buying it!

i have tried applying this instore with the least helpful assistant who then said the system is down and told me to do it myself online.

5 emails have been sent to me asking for different info everytime from vodafone . vodafone just clearly wasting time so my 30 days elapse.

now vodafone are telling me my new ipad is on a household plan and are saying i already get a discount with it! no i dont. i pay £32 for 2gb of data on an ipad air. where the hell is the discount on £32??????????

i am so angry as you can tell. so i want to know am i within my rights to throw this ipad back at them? its nearly 3 weeks old and the only reason it wasnt thrown back at them in the first 7 days is because vodafone are smart and dont contact you about the VEA until after 7 days!!!

absolultely screwing 

Message 1 of 37 (5,532 Views)
wayneselwood

Re: VEA Discount

is a household plan where you already have a phone contract but youve added another contract to your account?

so in other words you have 2 contracts running together?

if this is the case is this why i cant get the vea discount on my new ipad? i know i cant get the discount on my current phone contract as its a year into it already.

vodafone you are very misleading

Message 2 of 37 (5,524 Views)
gameboyforever

I have exactlly the same problem. Bloody Vodafone con men.

This is their automated email

proper thieves they are.

I am annoyed. as you can clearly see they have not bothered to reply to any of our posts...

Thanks for submitting your Vodafone Employee Advantage form.

We've received your discount request and are reviewing the application. Due to the popularity of the offer, our response times are slightly longer than normal. However all approved discounts will be back-dated to your date of request.

We'll mail you again to confirm when we have reviewed / actioned your application.

Thank you for choosing Vodafone.

The tracking number for your email is XXXXXX

To view the Vodafone Employee Advantage Terms and Conditions please click here
To view the FAQs please click here

Message 3 of 37 (5,515 Views)
Tech Team
Ben_H

[ Edited ]

Hi folks,

The Vodafone Employee Advantage (VEA) scheme cannot be used in conjunction with any other promotional offer such as staff discounts, Household plans etc.

This is detailed fully in the Terms and Conditions here. You can also check with your HR department to check that you qualify for VEA too. Any queries around VEA can be answered by using the FAQ's here

As stated in other threads here on the eForum, we cannot override the decisions made for qualification and it is up to your employers to promote this offer to you directly. 

Many thanks, Ben

Message 4 of 37 (5,485 Views)
Veed3779

Hi Ben
I think you need to inform your staff of this as I've spoke to two members of your staff at customer care and they have confirmed that if I buy an ipad mini as a 2nd contract with discount through my offers in my online account it will not affect my vea discount? And that I am entitled to that through my employer alongside, I'm glad I have seen this now as I feel I would have made a costly choice that I would have not been able to back out of judging by the response times of the people in charge of the VEA discount and would have been tied into a contract that was clearly miss sold by Vodafone and seems to be fairly common
Message 5 of 37 (5,314 Views)
Tech Team
Ben_H

Hi Veed3779,

I've sent instructions on how to reach my team here. We'll be happy to check any calls you've had with anyone who has advised this to address individual training issues that need picking up. 

Cheers, Ben

Message 6 of 37 (5,276 Views)
wayneselwood

Quick update. My problem is solved and I've been informed by the vea department that I'm getting my discount.

The biggest problem I have is vodafone never informed me I was on a household price plan. What the hell does a household price plan mean? The vea department kept refusing my discount and giving me several reasons why I haven't been accepted.

I don't want several reasons why it might not have been accepted. I want the one reason why it hasn't.

After 2 hours on the phone to cs they told me i was on a household price plan because I didn't pay an upfront cost for my ipad air. I nearly lost out on a £120 discount because vodafone gave me the ipad for free. No wonder it took so long for them to admit what the problem was.

I have now paid the £29 so I get my discount.

The vea department are useless. No one there looks at the notes on the account. To me it seems like they took satisfaction in rejecting my discount. All 12 times.

What's worse is it takes 2 to 3 days for them to actually reply to you. There should be a phone number to call these people on and be able to shout at them directly for their incompetence.
Message 7 of 37 (5,271 Views)
Tech Team
DaveCD

Hi wayneselwood

I'm pleased to see this has been resolved.

A Household Tariff has a 15% discount built in; this is offered as part of an additional line to an existing account.

The VEA discount can only be applied to standard tariffs, and there can only be one discount on a number at any  time.

Cheers

DaveCD

Message 8 of 37 (5,242 Views)
wayneselwood

Cheers Ben and Dave.

Dave, vodafone cs kept saying we get a 15% discount already with the household plan. I couldn't see this deposit anywhere.

I pay £32 a month for an ipad air with 2gb of data. There is no discount there if I pay £32 the same as joe Bloggs would do if he ordered it online. But yet vodafone kept trying to convince me that £32 was the discounted price. It was so frustrating.
Message 9 of 37 (5,239 Views)
wayneselwood

I meant discount not deposit.
Message 10 of 37 (5,238 Views)
Tech Team
Ben_H

Hi wayneselwood,

Did Customer Services manage to sort this out in the end? I can see from our current plans that there's a charge for the device. Did this apply to your deal too?

Also were the prices for standard customers any different back when you took your Household plan out? I'm just trying to understand if the price has since come down. :smileyhappy:

Cheers, Ben

Message 11 of 37 (5,200 Views)
Rank 5: Regular Poster
samspam

Morning, I'm having the same problem. I was offered a free iPad air with the indication that I'd still be eligible for the VEA discount. I've applied a few times with no joy. Can one of eforum team help please?
Thanks mike
Message 12 of 37 (4,424 Views)
Tech Team
Simon

Hi samspam

Thanks for your post.

Were you advised that there was already a built in discount on the plan?

For what reason has the VEA discount been rejected by the team?

Thanks

Simon

Message 13 of 37 (4,340 Views)
samspam

Evening Simon, thanks for the reply no discounts were applied when I upgraded the line. I asked, as you do but was told to apply for the VEA has my wife works for the NHS and I've already got it on my main number. It's frustrating that you can have on one line and not another.
Thanks Mike
Message 14 of 37 (4,331 Views)
Steveb77

Same here they are a joke. They promise you the discount if you take out the contracts but don't see it through... Surely they should just apply it straight away... That would probably be a bit too simple tho !!!!
Message 15 of 37 (4,328 Views)
Moderator (Retired)
Andy

Hi samspam,

The Vodafone Employee Advantage (VEA) scheme FAQs gives all the information on the offer.

They also have the contact details for the dedicated VEA team so, if you have any questions, drop them an email.

Let me know how you go on.

Hi Steveb77,

I’ve just answered your other post here.

Cheers,

Andy

I’m part of the Vodafone Tech Team and here to help. As this is a public forum, we can only answer non account specific queries. Please note, we’re unable to reply to private messages.

If you see a helpful post, please click the 'Thanks' button to let the author know. If a post solves your query, please click the ‘This is the Answer?’ button. This helps others find helpful answers in the community too.

Message 16 of 37 (4,267 Views)
samspam

Hi Andy, emailed them and resubmitted the form but still no joy. Can one of the team contact me regarding it please, the call centre staff aren't really bothered in sorting it out. If I'd took a "my offer" your guaranteed a 15% discount straight away.
Thanks Mike
Message 17 of 37 (4,232 Views)
Moderator (Retired)
Andy

Hi Mike,

We can certainly look into this for you.

See how to get in touch with us here.

Thanks,

Andy

I’m part of the Vodafone Tech Team and here to help. As this is a public forum, we can only answer non account specific queries. Please note, we’re unable to reply to private messages.

If you see a helpful post, please click the 'Thanks' button to let the author know. If a post solves your query, please click the ‘This is the Answer?’ button. This helps others find helpful answers in the community too.

Message 18 of 37 (4,190 Views)
samspam

At the end of my tether.....

Please could one of the forum team get in touch. I've replied to the email Andy sent but it keeps coming back. It's been over a month now trying to get a VEA applied to one of my lines and over a week and proberlly 20+ calls to CS to arrange a exchange on a upgrade. False promises and lies that it's been orderd etc etc.
Thanks Mike.
Message 19 of 37 (3,918 Views)
Rank 50: Grand Master
drey_p

Re: At the end of my tether.....

When you say it keeps coming back  - what error are you getting?

Has my post helped you? If so please click the Thumbs Up button!
:smileywink:

Message 20 of 37 (3,898 Views)