You are here:
Ask a question:
Rank 1: Guest

Vodafone Buy Back

Beware this scheme I have just sent a phone which I was offered £35 for which is around what it is worth ,to day I have received an e-mail saying the screen is scratched and they can only offer £11 ,on ringing up to ask for phone to be returned I was offered £25 as goodwill gesture !  These are rogues the phone is only 3 months old as it was a replacement for a an earlier model which stopped working and the phone in question has never been out of a cover during use,

So either they have scratched it or are trying it on either way I have told them to return phone and I will deal with a reputable firm in future

So everyone beware as what they offer is not what they intend to pay it seems to be a bargaining position and they are counting on people not bothering to ask to get phone back

Message 1 of 14 (13,067 Views)
Rank 45: Oracle IV

Re: Vodafone Buy Back

Havn't had any experience of Vodafone's buy back system however i have heard that the amount payed for handsets does leave it well... low in the competition.

Try putting in your handset details on http://www.comparemymobile.com  and see if you can get a better price.

Find this post useful? Give it the thumbs up below!

Message 2 of 14 (13,054 Views)
Rank 34: Scholar III

Haven't heard anything like that either, what I always would say is that its best (where possible) to take pictures of phones sent away for repair / sale etc, it just gives you evidence that it was fine when it left your posession
Message 3 of 14 (13,046 Views)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi harry0,

I'm sorry to hear that you feel this way.

So that we can take a closer look at this, can you reply to the email I have sent you and a member of the team will be in touch.

Woody

eForum Team

Message 4 of 14 (13,030 Views)

After all the helpfull advice i have been offered there has been a new development ,having waited over 8 days for my phone to be returned so that I could verify their assertion that the screen was scratched,  I enquired to-day as to the wereabouts of the phone to be informed that it had been sold !!!!!!

There was then what can only be described as  a list of febble excuses as to why it had been sold leading the feild was they did not have my address ????

I have been told that I will be paid the full amount for the phone !!!

Now call me a cynic but either they are the poorest organised company or they have been caught out making false statements and have conveniently lost the evidence,

Either way my original advice remains   Avoid this company

Message 5 of 14 (12,974 Views)
Rank 45: Oracle IV

interesting...

A quick thing to note then, the Vodafone Buy Back service is provided y http://www.mobilephonexchange.co.uk/ so i'm guessing it's these guys that have messed you around rather than Vodafone

Find this post useful? Give it the thumbs up below!

Message 6 of 14 (12,971 Views)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi harry0,

Sorry to hear about the added issues you've been having here.

For any issues with the buy back scheme, we'd advise speaking directly with the team which specifically handles those queries.

You can email feedback@vodafonebuyback.net or call 54321 from a Vodafone handset or 0845 270 7114 from any other, and they'll be happy to assist you.

I can only apologise for the breakdown here which has led to conflicting information being provided, and reassure you that we do look to pay the full amount quoted for each phone received where possible.

Dave

eForum Team

I’m part of the Vodafone Tech Team and here to help. As this is a public forum, we can only answer non account specific queries. Please note, we’re unable to reply to private messages.

If you see a helpful post, please click the 'Thanks' button to let the author know. If a post solves your query, please click the ‘This is the Answer?’ button. This helps others find helpful answers in the community too.

Message 7 of 14 (12,949 Views)

[ Edited ]

I too have just had the same problem being quoted 51 pound originally then receiving a text about the scratch and being offered 21 pound, I phoned up straight away on the 4th aug to ask if this was correct,if it was I was going to ask for my phone back as I could get more for it elsewhere, they said they had made a mistake, the wrong template had been sent ??. i didn't really understand what he ment I presume he meant a text, he then said I would be given 41 pounds instead, so I agreed, and they said that the money would be deducted from my next bill, which is now available to view, and surprise surprise no money not even the 21 pound, which i apparently agreed to has come off, I already have contacted your customer service desk, but they said to contact the buy back team, but they are closed until Monday, i have 3 accounts with vodafone totaling 80 pound per month but if this matter is not resolved i will not be renewing them in the future. In the past, i have had problems in the past but the only way i received any help was by contacting the forums, hope you can help, my phone number is ***********.

Message 8 of 14 (12,622 Views)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi strawby.

For security reasons i have had to edit out your mobile number. We use the email option when we need to obtain or advise of any account specific information. The eForum is for general information only. I have logged the post however, along with the contact number.

Regards

Trev

eForum Team  

Message 9 of 14 (12,618 Views)

Just to update, I've just phoned Buyback section who confirmed I will definitely be receiving £41 and not £21.  However, this will not be deducted from my bill due tomorrow but the bill in September.  Therefore, I do not think they should have advised me that the amount would be deducted from my next bill - not very good - very misleading.  The original offer was made back in July.  You cannot say this amount will be deducted from your next bill and for it then to be two bills later.  Also, the Vodafone customer service team are still quoting me £21, pretty rubbish to be honest!  I would never use, nor recommend, Vodafone Buyback service again!

Message 10 of 14 (12,587 Views)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi strawby,

It's good to hear you've managed to speak to the team who have confirmed the amount for you. With the Buy Back scheme it's always best to contact the details I posted above, as then you're in touch with the relevant team who may be able to provide more information than general customer services.

Whenever we can, we aim to provide the full amount quoted, but that is always subject to the condition of the handset, something we don't know until we receive it. We arrange for the funds as soon as the transaction is agreed, so if there is any delay in the deal, then this would delay the payment, and if that does not clear promptly then it can miss the cut-off to be included for the next bill.

We'll always look to avoid this, and as mentioned above we look to meet the original valuation whenever possible so that this does not become an issue, but it does sound like the agreement was in place this time just too late to be part of this bill.

Dave

eForum Team

I’m part of the Vodafone Tech Team and here to help. As this is a public forum, we can only answer non account specific queries. Please note, we’re unable to reply to private messages.

If you see a helpful post, please click the 'Thanks' button to let the author know. If a post solves your query, please click the ‘This is the Answer?’ button. This helps others find helpful answers in the community too.

Message 11 of 14 (12,567 Views)

I Have also been conned this way but they have lost my phone surely the is legal route to go down??

Message 12 of 14 (10,691 Views)

Ok I understand that some of you have allegedly had a bad experience with this buyback facility and to be honest after reading your comments I was reluctant to try the offer. But I can only offer an opinion on my personal experience, I have just this week sent my phone in for buyback and I received a confirmation email the next day that it had been received, checked over and met the requirements that i had pre selected. I did this online, selected the offer to send it through to them with their own pre typed label and all i needed to do was to take it to the post office and select the correct payment method for posting. Now to be fair it was an Iphone 4 so i was not just going to stick a first class stamp on it and hope for the best, i sent mine recorded delivery for piece of mind. Again i sympathise with those of you that did not have a pleasurable experience with the buyback team but sorry guys im really made up with the service they offered. its a shame too many people on forums always post about negative experiences, those that had a good experience seem never to post about it......i on the other hand prefer on this occasion to even up the balance. Any of you that look at this post thinking in whether to try this buyback service ask yourselves is the phone in good enough condition to send back and if so box clever and send it recorded delivery to protect yourselves from loss in post.  good luck

Message 13 of 14 (6,790 Views)

The offer on my phone was £169.00 sent it of within the time stated and was then informed that they could only off me £33. I was informed that my phone didnt reach them in time however I have confirmation from the post office saying it was recieved the day after I sent it. This was before the offer expired. I was then told there was water damage to the headphone jack, however when i sent it off it was working well and cant see how that would knock off over £100.00. 

This took over 8 days to be sorted and have now requested the phone back as I know I can get more money for it else where. 

Message 14 of 14 (3,555 Views)