Support:

Pay monthly services

Ask a question:
Rank 1: Guest
alex_clark

Vodafone Customer Care Call - Is 08080 600 832 a Vodafone number?

I received a call from 08080 600 832 telling me as a Gold customer I was eligible for early upgrade on my account, even though by my calculations this shouldn't be until 3rd Dec.

Before I was told about the upgrade I had to complete security, so I figured this was a genuine call.

I talked about handsets with the guy and narrowed it to a HTC Desire HD which I could have for free, or an iPhone 4 for which I'd have to pay £119. Ideally I wanted the iPhone so asked the guy if I had to pay for that now or if it could be added to my next bill. He said he would check with his manager and call me back between 6.30 - 8pm that evening. The guy also asked if I was happy with my current package and I said I'd like to reduce my bill if possible, as I don't use my phone as much as I used to. He had a look at my account and confirmed I have 900mins (which is correct) a month and that he could put me on to 600, which would reduce my bill.

I had no return call Wed evening, Thur or today (as yet). So I've been wondering if this was Vodafone?

I've phoned back 08080 600 832 and get an automated message saying someones tried to contact me as a courtesy call and to call 08080 000 155 if I want to speak to someone. I've tried this no many times now and I'm told there are either technical difficulties or there's no one free to speak to me - which is prob a good thing, as no doubt it's a premium line to call!

Can anyone tell me if this is a department from Vodafone that's tried to call me, or am I being scammed??

Many thanks. Alex (eForum newbie, so be kind!)
Message 1 of 4 (5,294 Views)
Rank 34: Scholar III
redpages

there's other threads on the forum mentioning it's a Vodafone number (see here)

I'd imagine a mod will be along soon and be able to look into this for you
Message 2 of 4 (5,294 Views)
Rank 1: Guest
alex_clark

there's other threads on the forum mentioning it's a Vodafone number (see here)

I'd imagine a mod will be along soon and be able to look into this for you

Many thanks redpages! Feel bit better after reading the other thread - and had susbsequent call from that number again today and upgrade is in place. Ta. Alex
Message 3 of 4 (5,294 Views)
Moderator (Retired)
Trev

Hi alex_clark

Let me welcome you to the eForum family. We like new faces here. :)

I happy to see that redpages has answered your query on this occasion. Thanks :)

If you do have any further questions, please don't be afraid to ask.

Regards

Trev
eForum Team
Message 4 of 4 (5,294 Views)