Ask a question:
Rank 1: Guest
KerrieJohnston81

Vodafone Debt

Hi,

right so my son owes a bill which is quite high and because his phone is on my account I'm responsible for it *sigh*, I received a bill from a debt collection company who work on behalf of Voda a few weeks ago, I wanted to pay it today, but I can't find the bill! Can anyone from customer service help me and point me in the right direction please? I just want to get it paid as I've some extra money at the moment.

Thanks in advance

Message 1 of 14 (2,562 Views)
Rank 49: Master III
AnnS

Re: Vodafone Debt

Ji Kerri

I know just how you feel, I have also been in the same situation and paid off my Sons enormous debts to get him out of trouble.

The problem will be your online account would also be restricted and you would be unable to view the bill, the best thing to do will be to give Customer Care a call, they will be able to take a card payment over the phone and send you a copy bill.

As the account is in your name, and Vodafone have a legal oblication to report on any missed payments there will be a default on your credit file and this would be something to bear in mind.

Ann
Message 2 of 14 (2,553 Views)
Moderator (Retired)
PaulE

Hi KerriJohnston81, 

We can track down the company for you - we'll need a little more detail though so I've sent you a PM with instructions on how to contact the team, follow these and we'll be in touch as soon as we can - any payments may need to go to the collection company now but we can find out when we get your email.

You can find your PM inbox here

Paul

Message 3 of 14 (2,542 Views)
KerrieJohnston81

I've just checked my online account, it is still active and will let me pay that way but the looks of it but should I pay that way or wait until someone gives me the details to the debt collector that was dealing with it? I don't want to make a mistake.

Message 4 of 14 (2,525 Views)
Rank 33: Scholar II
Getafix

If the debt is still showing on your My Account, then I would pay it immediately.

If you do that, then only a late payment entry is made on your Credit Report.

This usually is not bad as if only late payment, then that would mean it will not affect your Credit Rating.

Message 5 of 14 (2,515 Views)
Rank 46: Oracle V
jeffkinn

I too have been through this scenario. Pay the bill at once  - don't hesitate.

Jeffkinn_Sig.png

Message 6 of 14 (2,511 Views)
KerrieJohnston81

Ok thanks guys, I've paid it via my online account. I've got a small balance now which I'll pay next week. I'm having my line terminated anyway because I've not been happy with their customer service for over a year now, I've been messed around, told the wrong information and have had money taken out of my account when it shouldn't have been, when I called to dispute it they wouldn't refund it and they left me without money to buy food for myself and my son for the rest of the week, my Mum had to buy us some. My son is stuck with his until his contract runs out in the summer then it's good riddence.

Thanks to the people who replied :smileyhappy:

Message 7 of 14 (2,485 Views)
Rank 46: Oracle V
jeffkinn

I'm sorry you've had such a bad experience with Vodafone. I haven't had any of those sorts of issues in the 15 years I've been with the network but good luck for the future.

Jeffkinn_Sig.png

Message 8 of 14 (2,484 Views)
KerrieJohnston81

Thanks, I was ok with Vodafone, I've been with them since 2007, it was only last year that I started having issues with them, again because of a bill my son had run up and I was dumped with it, because Voda messed up so much they ended up crediting my account lol. Also the tarrif I'm on isn't that great, I'm paying over £20 for not much at all.

Thanks again :smileyhappy:

Message 9 of 14 (2,464 Views)
Rank 33: Scholar II
Getafix

[ Edited ]

You can change your Tarriff to one that would better suit you, as long as it is the Same or Higher than your current monthly line rental.

Message 10 of 14 (2,450 Views)
Marfhan

Hi
I got a bill outstanding from about 4 years ago that i didnt realise i had due to no recieving any letters or any thing and i am not sure who to contact regarding setting up a repayment plan can you help please

Thanks
Message 11 of 14 (523 Views)
Moderator (Retired)
James

Hi Marfhan,

We can definitely take a look at this for you.

All you need to do is get in touch with us using the details here.

James

I’m part of the Vodafone Tech Team and here to help. As this is a public forum, we can only answer non account specific queries. Please note, we’re unable to reply to private messages.

If you see a helpful post, please click the 'Thanks' button to let the author know. If a post solves your query, please click the ‘This is the Answer?’ button. This helps others find helpful answers in the community too.

Message 12 of 14 (500 Views)
amarieg1712

I too have the same problem regarding a two year old unpaid bill. Can you please send me a link with the details of who I should contact please.
Message 13 of 14 (244 Views)
Tech Team
DaveCD

Hi amarieg1712,

So that we can look into this further, see here for how to get in touch.

We aim to reply to emails within 48 hours. If you need a quicker response, please visit our Contact Us page.

DaveCD

Message 14 of 14 (203 Views)