Support:

Pay monthly services

Ask a question:
Rank 1: Guest
jasonn95uk

Vodafone Online Services - Register My Sim Card Online?

Hi,

I am wondering whether I can register my SIM card online. Apparantly, if I register an user account on vodafone. The online system will send me a security code via text and I have to set up a pin number at the same time.
Message 1 of 18 (57,168 Views)
Moderator (Retired)
Reidar

Jasonn95uk

I think there mught be some slight confusion there, you can't register a 'sim' as such although I suspect you are refering to the process of activating it on the network, to do this you would need to contact Customer Services on 191 (or 08700191191), or go into a local Vodafone Store

Registering online, on the other hand, gives you access to online billing and a multitude of self help services like content control and Vodafoen family to name a few, this is known as My Account, :)

Thanks

Reidar :ph34r:

eForumTeam
Message 2 of 18 (57,168 Views)
crazzyka

why is it that i have bought a new sim card and it is still saying sim card locked please contact operator to reset the the key.
karen
Message 3 of 18 (57,168 Views)
crazzyka

well i cant call or text on my phone cos it locks my sim cards automatically
karen
Message 4 of 18 (57,168 Views)
Rank 47: Master I
AnnS

karen

SIM lock should be the default code for the handset or the one that you have changed it to. For example, for Nokia, it is 12345.

You could have entered a code into your phone when you first got the handset whereby if it is used with an different SIM card other than the one you were previously using, it automatically locks.

This is a security code which you could have put into the handset when you first had it to prevent any unauthorised use, say if your phone was stolen and the thief put their SIM card in your phone.

Was the phone previously used on Vodafone, or could it still be locked to a different network ?
Ann
Message 5 of 18 (57,168 Views)
Moderator (Retired)
Jon_V

karen

Hi Karen,

Can you confirm for us which device you're trying to use the SIM card with?
From your description it sounds like the phone may have had a SIM lock placed on it, as AnnS has advised. If you've entered this code incorrectly three times, then the phone will request a PUK Code, which you can obtain via our My Account system, or by calling Customer Services on 191.

Let us know if this helps :)

Jon

eForum Team
Want to give me some feedback? click here
Message 6 of 18 (57,168 Views)
6imoh5474

how do i register my sim card ?
becuz i fone the number nd it says go online to register
Message 7 of 18 (57,168 Views)
Moderator (Retired)
Reidar

Hello 6imoh5474 and welcome to the eForum.

You can register your sim card by calling 191 from another Vodafone handset, or by calling 08700700191 from any land line or mobile, once through to customer service your sim can be registered and activated.

Alternatively we can do this for you via email, simply reply to the email I'm sending you now and we'll look into it for you.

Thanks

Reidar :ph34r:

eForum Team
Message 8 of 18 (57,168 Views)
daveinwales

Can you regester my sim card via e-Mail? i'v just bought a Nokia 5230 and cant use it yet as "sim regestration failed" keeps appearing, and customer services are closed! thanks.
Message 9 of 18 (57,168 Views)
Tech Team
James

Hi Kn@pp4n,

To be honest the easiest way to do this is either by phone or at your local retail store, if not done already i would give our customer service team a call as they open at 7 and they will be able ot register this for you.

James
eForum Team

I’m part of the Vodafone Tech Team and here to help. As this is a public forum, we can only answer non account specific queries. Please note, we’re unable to reply to private messages.

If you see a helpful post, please click the 'Thanks' button to let the author know. If a post solves your query, please click the ‘This is the Answer?’ button. This helps others find helpful answers in the community too.

Message 10 of 18 (57,168 Views)
aliveit

Re: Vodafone Online Services - Register My Sim Card Online?

is there a way to register a new sim when customer services have rejected my call all day.  i don't understand how they can be too busy when they are rejecting all the calls?!

Message 11 of 18 (38,384 Views)
Administrator
Matt

Hi aliveit

This is something we can help you with :smileyhappy:

What I have done is sent you an email requesting some security questions so we can gain access to your account and give you a call, all you need to do is reply back with the information that’s needed.

Alternatively if you would like this to be swapped ASAP then I would recommend popping into any of our Vodafone stores :smileyhappy:

We'll look forward to hearing from you.

Thanks

Matt

I’m the eForum Moderator and my job is to read and log new posts. I make sure everyone follows the house rules and unlike my other Tech Team colleagues, I don’t answer all posts. Please note, I’m unable to reply to private messages.

If you see a helpful post, please click the Thanks button to let the author know. If a post solves your query, please click the ‘Is this the Answer?’ button. This helps others find helpful answers in the community too.

Message 12 of 18 (38,355 Views)
ellie08

Message 13 of 18 (37,696 Views)
Roadkilled

Your lucky mate I've been on hold now for the last 2 hours to register a new sim card, I've just left orange to come to vodafone and I'm thinking I've made a huge mistake. So far I've been cut off twice by 2 different ppl and the last time I was transferred to a department that has nothing to do with activating new sim cards. On a side note he had the cheek to say if you turn it off then back on again it will active itself. What a sham
Message 14 of 18 (36,530 Views)
Roadkilled

Any mods out there willing to help me activate my sim?
Message 15 of 18 (36,508 Views)
Moderator (Retired)
Martin

Hi Roadkilled

I am sorry around the delay in getting back to you, but we have been very popular at the moment.

I am hoping that you have got this registered by now, if not please reply back to the email that I have just sent and I am sure that we can help you further.

Thanks

Martin

Message 16 of 18 (36,429 Views)
ubzzy147

How do i register my sim on the network?
Message 17 of 18 (20,546 Views)
Tech Team
Andy

Hi ubzzy147,

You can activate your contract SIM via your My Vodafone. It should be quite quick, but can take up to 24hrs.

If you have a PAYG SIM, then you can activate it by making a chargeable call.

Thanks

Andrew

I’m part of the Vodafone Tech Team and here to help. As this is a public forum, we can only answer non account specific queries. Please note, we’re unable to reply to private messages.

If you see a helpful post, please click the 'Thanks' button to let the author know. If a post solves your query, please click the ‘This is the Answer?’ button. This helps others find helpful answers in the community too.

Message 18 of 18 (20,488 Views)