You are here:
Ask a question:
Rank 1: Guest
eperren93

Vodafone Protect app has locked my device

I have the vodafone protect app on my phone (Samsung Galaxy S4), and the vodafone protect app has locked it.

It asks for a pin number, and when I try to reset my pin on the vodafone website it says "There is no valid account associated with your number."

I can't remember my password or pin, and i keep getting that my number isn't valid with the app.  I've had a link sent to my email but I continually get the meesage above and there is NO link to click that says "forgot my pin"

Any help would be much appreciated as this is just SO frustrating :smileymad:

Message 1 of 11 (2,594 Views)
Moderator (Retired)
Dave

Re: Vodafone Protect app has locked my device

Hi eperren93,

If you haven't sorted this yet, we'll be happy to help.

Click here to get us your details and we'll take a look.

Dave

I’m part of the Vodafone Tech Team and here to help. As this is a public forum, we can only answer non account specific queries. Please note, we’re unable to reply to private messages.

If you see a helpful post, please click the 'Thanks' button to let the author know. If a post solves your query, please click the ‘This is the Answer?’ button. This helps others find helpful answers in the community too.

Message 2 of 11 (2,557 Views)
leonstrydom

Vodafone Protect app has locked my device

I have the vodafone protect app on my phone (Samsung Galaxy S4), and the vodafone protect app has locked it. It asks for a pin number, and when I try to reset my pin on the vodafone website it says "There is no valid account associated with your number."  "Your device is locked" It will nt accepts my pin on the phone.

Message 3 of 11 (1,869 Views)
Tech Team
Sukhi

Hi leonstrydom

We need to access your account to be able to help further, get in touch here and we'll be with you as soon as we can :smileyhappy:.

Thanks

Sukhi

Message 4 of 11 (1,846 Views)
Ihosein

Hi Tech team - I too have a Galaxy S4 with the Vodafone protect app on. Having taken out the SIM card and re-inserted the same SIM it now asks for a PIN which I'm sure I didn't set up in the first place. Please could you guide me through how to go about un-locking my phone.

Message 5 of 11 (1,838 Views)
Moderator (Retired)
Andy

Hi Ihosein,

The default PIN for the phone will be 0000.

Give this a try and let me know how you go on.

Thanks,

Andrew

I’m part of the Vodafone Tech Team and here to help. As this is a public forum, we can only answer non account specific queries. Please note, we’re unable to reply to private messages.

If you see a helpful post, please click the 'Thanks' button to let the author know. If a post solves your query, please click the ‘This is the Answer?’ button. This helps others find helpful answers in the community too.

Message 6 of 11 (1,817 Views)
Ihosein

Many thanks for reply Andrew, I was able to get hold of helpdesk and obtain PIN yesterday. All is well now. :smileyhappy:

Message 7 of 11 (1,804 Views)
Emirita

i have the same problem. Please assist? 

Message 8 of 11 (805 Views)
Tech Team
Sukhi

Hi Emirita

I have replied to your earlier post here :smileyhappy:.

Thanks

Sukhi

Message 9 of 11 (792 Views)
EricaMateus

Very impatient and frustrated... My device is locked I don't know the password and the link sent to my email is not helping . please help

Message 10 of 11 (433 Views)
Tech Team
Tech Team
Kay

Hi EricaMateus, 

The default pin is 000000. 

What is happening when you click the link in the email you've received? 

Kay

Message 11 of 11 (399 Views)