You are here:
Ask a question:
Moderator (Retired)
James

Re: Vodafone Website - Huge Problems With vodafone.co.uk

Hey Guys,

many thanks for letting us know that you are having trouble with Vodafone.co.uk and My account pages, I have flagged this with our day team to see if they can find out what is happening.

I have emailed our online teams to see if I can get an update however I am yet to get a response regarding this, as soon as I have more information I will be in touch.

James

eForum Team

I’m part of the Vodafone Tech Team and here to help. As this is a public forum, we can only answer non account specific queries. Please note, we’re unable to reply to private messages.

If you see a helpful post, please click the 'Thanks' button to let the author know. If a post solves your query, please click the ‘This is the Answer?’ button. This helps others find helpful answers in the community too.

Message 21 of 134 (10,887 Views)
Rank 1: Guest
JMC66

[ Edited ]

Well it's over a year since mos2006 posted about problems with the website and James' false promise that he would "be in touch" when he had more information, yet the Vodafone website remains one of the worst on the internet. I echo all the comments made by previous posters on this subject and find it an absolute disgrace that a company with the size and stature of Vodafone operates such an extremely poor website. All the problems pointed out by previous posters are still very much present!

My recent experience from this evening is as follows: I currently have 2 bills that I'm trying to pay, one is dated 26th December 2011 which was due for payment (around £20 I think) by 7th January 2012, and my most recent one is dated 20th January 2012 which is due for payment (again for around £20 I think) by 7th February 2012. I have tried many many times (>20) since the beginning of January to log in to my account to download and pay the bills, but every time I do so I'm greeted with a message that "My Account is currently unavailable".

As I'm typing this post the website states "We're making changes to our site, some parts of our site aren't available at the moment. We're working hard to get things back to normal. But don't worry, you can still buy from our online shop." So before I'm advised to clear any cookies, use a different browser, blah blah blah, I shall repeat what japo said earlier - "It's a Vodafone problem, not the customers"

Furthermore, just to add insult to injury, I received a text yesterday saying that my phone has been restricted due to non-payment, what an absolute nerve!

Now, in anticipation of what the Tech Team might reply, NO I don't want to ring an expensive 0870 number from my landline to pay my bill, and NO I don't want to ring from my mobile either. I want to log into my account online, download and print my bill, then pay it. I'm a customer and the customer is always right!

This is just the latest in a string of issues I've had with Vodafone since they restricted my phone when I was overseas at the beginning of 2011, (despite warning them that my phone usage would dramatically increase and my bills being paid by Direct Debit at the time) so I'm afraid that once I've paid these latest bills I'm off to a better provider who can at least put together a decent website that is accessible 24/7.

Sorry Vodafone, but you've had long enough to sort your substandard website out, this is one customer who just can't wait for you to do that any longer.

One final point, my bills are so low at the moment because I'm using my company O2 phone and not my personal one, so why haven't the 'caring' customer services people rung me to suggest a better tariff - pay as you go perhaps?

..........I think I know the answer.

Message 22 of 134 (10,233 Views)
Tech Team
DaveCD

[ Edited ]

Hi JMC66

Thank you for your post and a very warm welcome to the eForum from myself and the team. :smileyhappy:

I am sorry to see that you have been having difficulties and that this has caused you frustration.

I am a little confused though as I have managed to log on to your 'My Account' in the first attempt, I have also been able to view the various options including viewing bills and even to the point where I can make the payment (I didn't :smileywink:).

We have worked closely with our support teams feeding back information provided by users to improve our website in any way we can and is an ongoing process and if there is something you would like to highlight then you have come to the right place.

We do not need to advise you to call a number you do not wish to call, all we ask is that you complete and reply to the email we have sent to the address with which you registered with on here and we will be in touch.

The last thing we like to see is anyone leaving, and if there is anything we can do to assist and change your opinion of Vodafone we will do our very best.

Hope to hear from you soon.

Many Thanks

DaveCD

eForum Team

Message 23 of 134 (10,209 Views)
Rank 2: First Poster
zaax

yes I must agree with all that. for examle one basic fault is you are unable to tab between user name and password. Was this out-scorced?

Message 24 of 134 (10,201 Views)
Hs010876

I cant log into my account today yet have been able to perfectly well before, I use google chrome.

Is the site down or is it issues for individuals?

Message 25 of 134 (10,197 Views)
JMC66

DaveCD- Thank you for your reply above and also your email. I won't be replying to the email as I won't send personal information of the type you request via email. Furthermore, you say that you accessed my account, therefore why in your email was one of the questions asking for my "mobile number or account number."? Obviously you already know these details. Furthermore, you sent your email to the email address which is detailed not only in my Vodafone account, but also in my membership profile on this very forum, so why the requirement to send you all the other personal info? In my post above you will see that I mentioned the service problems I had whilst overseas at the beginning of 2011, you could have perhaps checked that in my account details in order to verify that I am who I say I am; if I wasn't who I say I am then how would I know about those problems.

This is one of the reasons Dave that I've had enough of Vodafone, the customer service is just so poor. Take for example a reply I had from the outsourced call centre in India today. In reply to an earlier email they sent me, I said :

"I have no wish to call an expensive 0870 number. I simply wish to login to my account, print my bill and then pay it - simple!"

Their reply today was :

"I request you to please contact collection team to 08700725625 or 56677 from your suspended mobile from 0800 hrs to 2000 hrs."

Brilliant! That's Vodafone Customer Services in true form.

Anyway, further to you accessing my account earlier, well I finally managed to do the same a short while ago. I downloaded and printed the relevant bills and all was going well. The one thing you say that you didn't do when you accessed my account was to make a payment, well that's 2 of us because I couldn't either! Your's was intentional but mine was due to the (as usual) poor website. When I attempted to pay my December and January bills, the huge amount of £40.98! I was presented with the following error :

Vodafone Payment Error.JPG

Following that, a few minutes later I received an email saying :

"Hi, we've received your payment and we are currently processing it."

So, my options were to take the advice given in the error message and try submitting the payment again, or believe the email which advises that my payment has been received. For the moment I'm going with the email! Might I remind you also that despite all the time and attempts I've made to pay the bill via the website, my phone remains restricted, so yes, there is something you can do to assist, remove the restriction! I've played my part so I would expect Vodafone to do the same, and let's not forget that the huge December bill that has caused these problems is for the massive amount of £20.49! :smileyfrustrated:

I repeat what I said earlier - the website and processes contained therein is collectively awful, the information you're feeding back to the support teams is obviously going in one ear and out of the other!

Message 26 of 134 (10,176 Views)
JMC66

[ Edited ]

Have just started my O2 contract today, let's see if they can do any better with website and customer care issues.

I was contacted by Vodafone today and finally managed to pay my bill, however that wasn't without problems as the Vodafone rep entered my credit card expiry date wrong which put an automatic temporary block on the card; so I used another card.

I explained last night's website/payment problems and was advised that there are ongoing and long-running issues with the My Account section of the website and paying bills - you don't say! :smileyfrustrated:

.....and another thing, I queried above why Vodafone haven't contacted me to put me on a better tariff considering the low usage on my personal mobile, my current tariff is £20.50 per month but it turns out that I could actually have a £10.50 per month tariff. Thanks for not letting me know Vodafone.

Message 27 of 134 (10,158 Views)
Moderator (Retired)
James

Hi Guys,

Unfortunately we have had issues with our online account system over the past couple of days whilst updates were completed.

When it comes to an online account and its updates we do try to do these with as little disruption to our customers as possible however, this is not always possible.

In regards to us contacting you to place you on a different price plan, this is down to our customers as we do not monitor all accounts to make sure that they are on the right price plan for the minutes they are using.

This along with that we are unable to reduce a customer’s line rental by changing the price plan whilst they are in commitment.

If there is anything more that we can assist you with please let me know.

James

I’m part of the Vodafone Tech Team and here to help. As this is a public forum, we can only answer non account specific queries. Please note, we’re unable to reply to private messages.

If you see a helpful post, please click the 'Thanks' button to let the author know. If a post solves your query, please click the ‘This is the Answer?’ button. This helps others find helpful answers in the community too.

Message 28 of 134 (10,109 Views)
smillsishere

I will be leaving Vodafone tomorrow due to this absolutely poor website. There must be hundreds of thousands of paying customers and the online site is simply unacceptable. I've been faced with errors, updating issues and now, I can't upgrade online because your shop isn't available. Of course it isn't. The hilarious thing is, I expected this as soon as I pressed "UPGRADE NOW". I knew it wouldn't work. What does that tell you? I have been given the impression that on more than frequent occasion, this site and Vodafone appears to let you down.

Message 29 of 134 (10,093 Views)
Tech Team
Amanda

Hi smillsishere

Thanks for your post, I can understand why this is frustrating for you. I’d love to help. :smileyhappy:

I’ve just sent you a Private Message with details in on how to contact us, once we reach your reply we can get in touch to help.

Thanks

Amanda 

Message 30 of 134 (10,076 Views)
JMC66

[ Edited ]

Amanda - I don't want to interfere in your help for smillsishere, but the website is Vodafone's main access point for its customers, and it just isn't up to the job. Now obviously you alone cannot fix the problems, but you guys that help out on this forum need to make some serious noises. Most of us are confident that whenever we try and do something via the website, it WILL fail, as smillsishere pointed out.

.....and in reply to James' post, it's not just the past couple of days that the online account system has had problems, remember that this topic was started back in November 2010. As I said in an earlier post, I tried to access my account over 20 times since the beginning of January to pay my bill, and in the end my phone was restricted because you wouldn't let me pay. I know that there are other methods, but I'm certainly not going to ring a premium rate 0870 number from my landline, and when I tried to do it via my mobile using the customer services number, it simpy said that access to that number was restricted on my phone! Go figure!

Message 31 of 134 (10,049 Views)
Tech Team
DaveCD

Hi JMC66

Thank you for your post, as mentioned previously we are always looking to improve and this is ongoing.

I understand you do not want to call us or supply us with your personal details via email so I have sent you a Private Message and all you need to do is simply follow the instructions and at the very least supply us with a contact number so we can contact you and assist you with your query.

You can find your PM inbox here.

Many Thanks

DaveCD

eForum Team

Message 32 of 134 (10,015 Views)
rafletcher

Well I've been trying to log into my account since Friday - and cannot get in. I constantly get "Sorry there seems to be a problem with your account - contcat us" (I did by email, no surprise, no response. At the sam time as the above message I get "sorry were having technical probles, please try again in a few minutes". Guess what, it still doesn't work. I've even trid changing my password a couple of times, still no access, still ne response,  I guess B"B customers get better service (I hope so for Vodafones sake) than "comsumer" customers.

My contrcat is up soon, I'm looking to upgarde, but frankly I'm now considering swithching to 3 - better data deals and the same rubbish customer service - but from them I expect it, I don't from Vodafone.

Message 33 of 134 (9,646 Views)
Tech Team
Wayne

Hi rafletcher and welcome to the eForum

Thanks for your post here. I’m sorry to hear that you are having problems with your online account. I appreciate how frustrating this must be for you.

So that we can look into this I have sent a private message to you explaining how you can get into contact with us directly.

We’ll then be happy to get this sorted :smileyhappy:

You can find your PM inbox here

Thanks

Wayne

If you have a spare minute could you please take the time to fill out a short feedback form about me?

You can do so here

Message 34 of 134 (9,625 Views)
Straytalk

I'm now worried I may have paid for my bill twice. I had the same issue as some of the other people in this thread recently. I managed to fill in all the details to pay my bill but received the same "Sorry we're having a technical issue at the moment" message followed by a confirmation email. I later received a text from Vodafone telling me by bill was still overdue. I tried again today and got through and seemed to have paid my bill. I'm now worried I've paid for it twice. I emailed support almost 3 days back and have had no reply.

Please help.
Message 35 of 134 (9,622 Views)
Straytalk

I've had a private message which I assume is in reply to this query but when I click on my inbox, it tells me I don't have access to it. What is going on?!

Message 36 of 134 (9,610 Views)
Moderator (Retired)
James

Hi Straytalk,

Thanks for letting us know.

I can see that the PM function has now been activated for you please can you try to access the PM inbox again and let me know if you are still experiencing any issues.

You can find your PM inbox here.

James

Message 37 of 134 (9,596 Views)
demonizer1984

im sick of em, iv had too many issues over the year, yesterday i was daft enough to agree to yet another contract, and after messing delivery up i cant use my phone anyway becaue of this ridiculous site, iv posted about it but i think tomorro im gonna cancell my plans take a trip to the local vodafone store and tell em to ram it im sick of it

Message 38 of 134 (9,369 Views)
Moderator (Retired)
James

Hi demonizer1984,

I can see that we have already sent you a PM on Friday regarding your issues with the website and getting your SIM activated.

Please follow the instructions on the PM we sent and one of the team will be able to assist you further.

Alternatively the local store can also activate the SIM for you.

James

Message 39 of 134 (9,357 Views)
panesai1

I can only echo what everyone else is complaining about in this forum.

The Vodafone.co.uk website is shockingly bad. Not only is it difficult to find whatever it is you are looking for, it only ever works once in a blue moon. 

I have been trying ever since i joined Vodafone (Over 2 years , I think), to get some success. 

It is ridiculosly slow,  and many many of the pages do not load.  

Just now, I have tried to loginto "My Account > Bills >  Bill Format options"...    and low and behold, I get "Sorry, we can't display or change your bill format options right now. This problem should only be temporary. Please try again later.". 

This is just one example.  I get the same message regularly for other pages I view, on the website.  There is no consistency that I have found between which pages the errors spring up on, but all I know is that it is on many of the pages.   

I think I have had enough now after 2 years, and will be looking for a new provider with a more user friendly website. Im pretty sure its not going to cost me much more (if any more ?) to move to a new provider with a better system.  2 years of making noise, and nobody seems to listen!

Message 40 of 134 (9,320 Views)