Support:

Pay monthly services

Ask a question:
Rank 1: Guest
lisa34598u

Vodafone.co.uk - Cancel Contract, what next?

My contract is due to end in January and I want to cancel now.

I know I will have to pay a termination fee which is fine all I need to know is what happens.

If I cancel now will the final amount be taken out at my next bill date or is it to be paid as soon as I cancel?

Thanks
Message 1 of 122 (24,764 Views)
Moderator (Retired)
Dave

Vodafone.co.uk - Cancel Contract, what next?

Hi lisa34598u,

Welcome to the eForum - sorry to hear you're looking to leave us!

Cancallelation wouuld require one month's notice, so the ETF wouldn't be that bad in this case, unless you request a PAC code.

If you request a PAC, you would need to pay up front for the cancellation, and the line would be cancelled as soon as the code was used successfully.

If you simply chose to cancel, if you contacted us the line would run for one more month and you could choose to make the payment then or at the time of the invoice. You would then receive a final bill after settlement.

If you don't mind me asking, though, is there any specific reason you'd be looking to go? If there's something we can resolve then I'd love it if we could get a chance to fix thigs - you're already in the upgrade period so our Upgrades Team will be happy to help you discuss handsets.

DaveN

eForum Team

I’m part of the Vodafone Tech Team and here to help. As this is a public forum, we can only answer non account specific queries. Please note, we’re unable to reply to private messages.

If you see a helpful post, please click the 'Thanks' button to let the author know. If a post solves your query, please click the ‘This is the Answer?’ button. This helps others find helpful answers in the community too.

Message 2 of 122 (24,764 Views)
arminkish

Re: Vodafone.co.uk - Cancel Contract, what next?

[ Edited ]

Dear Customer service

My contract with Vodafone has been finished and I want to close my account . In addition , I am holding just SIM.

My number: ********** with Vodafone

Regards

Armin

Message 3 of 122 (23,024 Views)
Moderator (Retired)
AndyD

Hi Armin,

I've edited your post to remove your mobile number. As this is a public forum, displaying your number may leave you open to spam, something I'm sure you'd wish to avoid.

Thanks

Andy

eForum Team

Message 4 of 122 (23,021 Views)
arminkish

Dear customer srvice

I am easy to get my pad code. Please tell what I should do ?

Message 5 of 122 (23,018 Views)
Moderator (Retired)
Martin

Hi arminkish

Welcome to the eForum :smileyvery-happy: it is always good to see new faces on here.

I am sorry that you are looking to leave us, is there any reason why you want to leave?

This is something that we can get for you, and I presume that you want a PAC code so you can take your number with you, so that this can be done, please reply to the email that I have just sent with the relevant information, then we can get this sorted for you.

Martin

eForum Team

Message 6 of 122 (22,962 Views)
oakwood950

I too am looking to cancel my contract but, I have a full 10 months to go! I realise that this is going to cost a fair bit but it will be worth it to be free from my atrocious phone.

For the record, I have been very happy with Vodafone's service and wouldn't hesitate to use them again, but my phone is just too irritating.

What would be my next move?

Message 7 of 122 (22,659 Views)
Moderator (Retired)
BenJ

Hi oakwood950

It's disappointing to read when a customer wants to leave Vodafone.

Is there anything we can do to keep you with us?

I've sent you an email so we can find out your termination fee and help you out with this.

If you can reply back with the details we need and we will take care of this for you.

Thanks
BenJ
eForum Team

Message 8 of 122 (22,596 Views)
oakwood950

BenJ wrote:

Hi oakwood950

It's disappointing to read when a customer wants to leave Vodafone.

Is there anything we can do to keep you with us?

I've sent you an email so we can find out your termination fee and help you out with this.

If you can reply back with the details we need and we will take care of this for you.

Thanks
BenJ
eForum Team

BenJ,

Thanks for the reply. I have received your email and I'll reply soon with the details.

The reason for termination is purely down to the terrible phone (Nokia N97mini) which Vodafone can't really do much about!

I will definitely do a bit more research before choosing my next phone - hopefully I will then be able to keep it for at least 2 years...

Message 9 of 122 (22,521 Views)
Tonums

Hi

I lost my job a month ago and may need to cancel my contract. I have approx 11 months left to run on my current contract. Could you tell me what the cost might be for cancellation?

Tonums

Message 10 of 122 (22,393 Views)
Moderator (Retired)
BenJ

Hi Tonums.

Welcome to the eForum!

I'm sorry to hear of your job situation. My wife was out of work from September last year to only recently so I can understand how you’re feeling. 

I've just sent you an email so we can confirm this for you, if you could reply back with the details we need I can access your account and let you know.

Thanks

BenJ
eForum Team

Message 11 of 122 (22,339 Views)
tjayne

Hi there,

I am wanted to cancel my contract with vodafone.

I know that I have quite a lot of months left on my contract but wanted to know how much it will be to cancel it.

I don't have any problems with vodafone except with signal from time to time because that is shocking. I'm just looking for another plan that is more suited to me and what I need.

Thnak you.

Message 12 of 122 (22,230 Views)
Tech Team
Wayne

Hi tjayne and welcome to the eForum

Thanks for your post here. I'm sorry to hear that you are thinking about cancelling with us. :smileysad:

So that we can work out exactly how much it will be for you to cancel your contract I'm going to need to have access to your account. To do this I'mn going to send you and email over to the the email address that you registered with. Once you receive this, just hit reply and fill in all of the information it asks for. We'll then get back to you as soon as possible

Thanks

Wayne

eForum Team

I’m part of the Vodafone Tech Team and here to help. As this is a public forum, we can only answer non account specific queries. Please note, we’re unable to reply to private messages.

If you see a helpful post, please click the 'Thanks' button to let the author know. If a post solves your query, please click the ‘This is the Answer?’ button. This helps others find helpful answers in the community too.

Message 13 of 122 (22,167 Views)
AT123456789

Can you email me to confirm how much it would cost me to cancel my contract? The phone I have is rubbish and I was only offered the suggestion of buying a handset on ebay when I phoned today.

Message 14 of 122 (22,151 Views)
Tech Team
Tech Team
Kay

Good Afternoon AT123456789,

Welcome to the eForum! :smileywink:

It's disappointing to hear you wish to cancel, obviously I'd like to look to see if there is anything else I can offer if you're current handset is causing problems.

Can you please reply to the email I've sent with the information requested and I'll be in touch as soon as possible?

I look forward to hearing from you shortly,

Kay

Web Relations Team

Message 15 of 122 (22,121 Views)
millerboy15

i am interested in cancelling my contract could you send me the termaition fees for mine it ends in september or october

Message 16 of 122 (22,003 Views)
Moderator (Retired)
Martin

Hi millerboy15

Welcome to the eForum :smileyvery-happy: it is always good to see new faces on here.

I am sorry to see that you are looking to cancel your contract. I have just sent you an email, if you can reply back to that with the relevant information, we can get you everything that you need.

If there is anything that we can help that well keep you as a Vodafone customer, please let me know on that email.

Thanks

Martin

eForum Team

Message 17 of 122 (21,993 Views)
hc09m2d

Hey, my 24 month contract isn't due to run out until feb 2012. Would I be able to cancel it this month? Thanks x
Message 18 of 122 (21,956 Views)
dancecrazy91

Hi,

I have just signed up to a contract with Orange so need to cancel my one with Vodafone it ends in anout two months, what is the easiest way to do this?

Message 19 of 122 (21,917 Views)
Alexandr

Hi,
I'm intrested in canceling my contract. I've just changed my working place and I don't have vodafone signal there, this is very very dissapointing
Message 20 of 122 (21,896 Views)