Support:

Pay monthly services

Ask a question:
Rank 1: Guest
sian_simms

Vodafone.co.uk - changing contract?

Hello,
Is there anyway that you can downgrade your vodafone contract and also get a new phone when your in the 14th month of a 21 month contract?
Message 1 of 4 (2,786 Views)
Rank 47: Master I
AnnS

Hello,
Is there anyway that you can downgrade your vodafone contract and also get a new phone when your in the 14th month of a 21 month contract?

Vodafone dont do 21 month contracts, its 18 months or 24 months. If you upgraded early last time, the remaining months would have been added onto your new contract. If you took out a new contract on a 24 month contract, that would make the new contract, 24 months, plus the 3 months you upgraded early.

If you have a YPL 'Your Plan' contract you would be un unable to downgrade. It would be a case of having to pay the early termination fee before you would be able to start a new contract.

It would probably be cheaper to purchase a SIM free phone and carry on using your contract.
Ann
Message 2 of 4 (2,786 Views)
Rank 1: Guest
sian_simms

I upgraded to an 18 month which makes it 21 months - which is what i meant. Im confused by what you mean by 'your plan' contract anyway the whole reason why i want to downgrade etc is because something has just come to light which the advisor 'forgot' to tell me when he sold me the contract... thankyou 4 advice tho :)
Message 3 of 4 (2,786 Views)
Moderator (Retired)
Trev

Hi simmy

AnnS has correctly stated our policy on tariff changing during your commitment period. Thanks Ann. :)

If you believe there's something specifically incorrect, I would need to look at you actual account details before any advise could be given. I have sent an email to your forum registered address, if you can complete and return this, along with a brief explanation of your issue, I will be able to assist you further.

Kind Regards

Trev
eForum Team
Message 4 of 4 (2,786 Views)