You are here:
Ask a question:
Rank 1: Guest
Accepted Solution

Vodafone employee advantage scheme discount - NHS?

On upgrading to my new phone & package last week I was told that the NHS "definitely were included in the scheme and please could I tell others at work about it as no-one seemed to know about it" by the helpful staff in the vodafone shop in Cribbs Causeway in Bristol. When I sent the email to the scheme with my work details on it I've today received a reply saying the company name I have provided is not on their list..... Who is correct?? and why are the shop telling people this if it's not true?

Any help appreciated!

Message 1 of 68 (122,316 Views)
Rank 20: Instructor IV

Re: Vodafone employee advantage scheme discount - NHS?

My guess would be some NHS areas are included but not all. The NHS isn't one body as you know, so I'd assume not all have an agreement to go on the scheme.
Message 2 of 68 (122,270 Views)

Hmm.... you could be right. The only reason I'm following it up is the shop staff were really really insistent it was true - they even asked me to tell all my colleagues as "no-one seemed to know this and claim it" Anyway I've emailed the guy back at the employee advantage dept so will wait to hear back from them. I'm not exactly holding out much hope though!

Message 3 of 68 (122,206 Views)

Hi

I have had a similar story from the shop I upgraded in on Friday.  I was told it was a new discount for NHS employees and it was easy to download a form from the internet. But as seems to be routine with vodafone they will tell you whatever they like!!

I have had nothing but trouble trying to get my upgarde sorted out and am really losing patience with vodafone - this 20% discount was partly the reason that I accepted to stay with them.

Message 4 of 68 (122,171 Views)
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hey folks,

The scheme definitely exists :smileywink:

More details can be found at the below links:

Employee Advantage Scheme

FAQs

I trust this helps.

Cheers,

Lee

eForum Team

Message 5 of 68 (122,032 Views)
Rank 2: First Poster

Lee, any idea if West Midlands Police is included in this discount, like the Orange Perks scheme?
Message 6 of 68 (122,028 Views)
Tech Team

[ Edited ]

Hi mattjwood

I'm afraid not :smileysad:

Thanks

Wayne

eForum Team

Message 7 of 68 (121,859 Views)

Hurrah!!! - Success finally!

Got email today confirming 20% discount has been added (and backdated to upgrade date as well)

SO just for anyone else trying to claim NHS discount - you have to state place of work as just 'NHS' or it won't work i.e.. not individual hospital or trust and give you NHS.mail email address. Well, that's what I did anyway!

Yes I was turned down twice initially and every email I've sent to them has taken at least a week to be replied to but it has been worth it in the end :-)

Message 8 of 68 (121,545 Views)

Is there Mcdonalds included in it?? any info guys pls
Message 9 of 68 (121,099 Views)
Tech Team

Hi arselers

You can find information on if you may be included by visiting the link below or speaking to your companies HR department.

Vodafone Employee Advantage

Thanks

Wayne

Message 10 of 68 (120,909 Views)

Hi ,
Congratulations on your success. I am planning to get a vodafone contract and was very interested in getting a NHS discount. Quick question regarding the form. What information did you supply for employee number and vodafone code? i.e do you have to call your HR for both of these? I have a valid nhs email but dont have either of the above.

Many thanks

Message 11 of 68 (119,671 Views)

My wife works for NHS
I got a brand new contract 4s iphone from vodafone.

went in a couple of weeks back to ask about this and the lady in shop said no, no such thing.

went back to Merry Hill shop today and said I want to back date discount in the shop.

she explained that that was for new contracts taken out at the time in store, you can do with a nhs payslip.

we have to do this online now to back date mine.

have filled in details at

www.vodafone.co.uk/vea

I used my wifes payslip payroll number starting 279 around 8 to 10 characters long.

used her email address and we await to see what happens.

I think that if they start fobbing us off, I will ask where the details are to staff of NHS and A.N.Others.

there is no media or advertising.

like vauxhall show a massive display board saying "do you work for one of these ?"

right at the front of showroom, but vodafone have not shown the details to anyone, just like someone in the previous thread said.

make sure to tell your friends !! wheres the advertising ? Im sure Vodafone would get a lot more business.

anyways fingers crossed, will let you know .....

must tweet this and raise awarness....

Message 12 of 68 (119,226 Views)

Good luck guys!

The number I used was also the one from my payslip. (?assignment no)
I'm not sure what you mean by vodafone 'code' though. For place of work, just 'NHS' and for email the nhs.net one. I didn't speak to my HR dept about it as its not advertised on our intranet (unlike the orange discount!) so presumed they didn't know about it.

They did backdate it to when I upgraded my contract correctly too :-)

Message 13 of 68 (119,181 Views)

Hi Guys,

Thank you very much for your advice. Will be entering the above suggested details. Fingers crossed.

Thanks a lot
Message 14 of 68 (118,952 Views)

Can someone please help. I'm trying to get some info re this discount. If I use my assignment number then all I get is invalid number. I am a nurse so I don't have a valid NHS email address. Any suggestions please?
Message 15 of 68 (105,030 Views)
Tech Team

Hi claire895

Thanks for your post and welcome to the eForum :smileyhappy:

If you don't have a valid company e-mail address you can just take your ID badge or a recent payslip into any Vodafone store to apply.

Thanks

Simon

Message 16 of 68 (104,647 Views)

Our vodafone contract is coming to an end so I called to cancel as I saw a better deal for two iphones elsewhere.  I was talked into staying as I was told we could get 20% quickly and easily online so took out a 24 month contract.

The phones are due to arrive today and so far I have applied for the NHS discount twice and been told I don't qualify once (I put in the hospital rather than just NHS) and after doing the forms again with just NHS on 4 days ago, I have not heard a word.

When the phones arrive, how long do I have to cancel the contract and say I have changed my mind as I can't get the discount?

Message 17 of 68 (96,477 Views)
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi there curlytoppz,

Many thanks for your post.

As with all distance selling, you have seven days from the date of receipt of the device to change your mind. You will need to inform us at your earliest opportunity of your intention to return the device to us.

You should hear from the EAP team in due course.

Cheers,

Lee

Message 18 of 68 (96,194 Views)

Hi there

Just wanted to check that this discount is still running.  Also, do I have to actually get the contract from a vodafone store or can I get it from somewhere like carphone warehouse. If so, how would I go about getting the discount?

Cheers

Tom

Message 19 of 68 (91,446 Views)
Rank 34: Scholar III

Hi craigy2s,

The Employee Advantage programme is still running..

In order to benefit from this you would not be able to upgrade or take out a new connection through a third party company like Carphone Warehouse, you will only be eligible if you buy directly from Vodafone- instore, online or over the phone..

I have provided a link for you on how to get the discount

https://www.vodafone.co.uk/vodafone-uk/campaigns/employee-advantage/?cid=rdr-711-01

Message 20 of 68 (91,432 Views)