Support:

Pay monthly services

Ask a question:
Rank 6: Frequent Poster
c53204

Vodafone refusing to end contracts

After 40min on hold, got through to retentions. Mentioned I wanted to cancel my contract (willing to pay early penalty) and the person hung up!

No doubt when I do get through, they will ask why I want to leave!

Clive Sinclair

"We want to make your life easier and your experiences better. " (from Vodafone Facebook page)
Message 1 of 7 (2,193 Views)
Tech Team
Ian_C

Re: Vodafone refusing to end contracts

Hi c53204,

I’m sorry to read about your experiences. That’s not good.

Is there a particular reason you want to leave? I’ve sent you an email. If you’d like us to help just reply to that and we’ll be in touch.

If we can’t sort out an upgrade to one of our great phones, we’ll be more than happy to sort out the early termination for you.

Cheers

Ian

I’m part of the Vodafone Tech Team and here to help. As this is a public forum, we can only answer non account specific queries. Please note, we’re unable to reply to private messages.

If you see a helpful post, please click the 'Thanks' button to let the author know. If a post solves your query, please click the ‘This is the Answer?’ button. This helps others find helpful answers in the community too.

Message 2 of 7 (2,149 Views)
c53204

Thanks for the reply. 

I have already cancelled my account and my wife will be doing the same when her contract runs out. The main reasons....

1. 45 minutes waiting to speak to someone at a contact centre is not acceptable - regardless of times, lack of staff (off sick say).

2. Appaling or no 3G service in Scotland - as reported in many other threads. The particular arease I drive between has no £G what at all - all the other major networks do?

3. Expensive prices for what you provide. The latest iPhone deals are an example.

In comparison..... my new network

20 seconds to answer and start the order process for a iPhone  4S with my new network - only minutes after I had waited 45min to contact Vodafone. Where you not expecting a high call volume?

Excellent 3G and HSPDA coverage and speeds - which I have been using with a PAYG sim to test.

Unllimited data (yes I have checked to T&C's) and yes, it is unlimited. 

Lower monthly cost

Lower purchase cost

Vodafone have been my network for over 12 years, but the way you treat customers and your high prices are no longer acceptable. Vodafone you stop resting on it's laurels of th past - business customers are not your only income stream.

Clive Sinclair

"We want to make your life easier and your experiences better. " (from Vodafone Facebook page)
Message 3 of 7 (2,136 Views)
Rank 1: Guest
braddels

any network will be quick to answer the phone for a sales enquiry...
Message 4 of 7 (2,104 Views)
c53204

braddels wrote:
any network will be quick to answer the phone for a sales enquiry...

Usually that is the case... but doesn't that prove one thing - they are more interested in sales rather than customer service? Or Vodafone simply don't care about customers in general?

I did try for 30 minutes to get through to sales, prior to me calling retentions.

Clive Sinclair

Message 5 of 7 (2,099 Views)
Rank 1: Guest
Pippasdvision

I have had this problem too and is one of the reasons I am looking to leave my cotract ends on 24th and have emailed notice etc.  And if you are lucky enough to actually get someone who sounds likethey want to help you find out that they 

1 dont actually action anything

2 change information that had nothing to do with the original conversation

3 dont log the call on your account so when you phone up to find out why things have not been done they suggest you never made the call/ contacted them to begin with.

I was with orange for 11 years.  Never had a problem always answered calls always helpful no issues with local store either (more than can be said for our local vodaphone reps).  Wish I had never been tempted away but at the time vodaphone coverage was better in out area, thankfully no longer the case.

Message 6 of 7 (2,086 Views)
Moderator (Retired)
PaulE

Hi Pippasdvision, 

It's a shame you're thinking of leaving us, I'd hate to see you leave!

Is there something we can do to change your mind? The Web Relations Team are dedicated to helping you solve all of your queires through all of our channels - Twitter, Facebook and right here on the eForum so you'd never have to worry about getting help again :smileywink:

If there's a handset or deal you're looknig for, we canhelp you with that - we offer some fantastic discoutns too!

If signal is becoming a problem at home, we can also build a Sure Signal into your deal for you which will give you 3G coverage at home :smileyhappy:

I've sent you an email to the address you signed up with, if we can help you at all, reply to it and we'll give you a call

Paul

Web Relations Team

Message 7 of 7 (2,040 Views)