Support:

Pay monthly services

Ask a question:
Rank 2: First Poster
mowax

Vodaphone MMS settings via SMS / is it really too much trouble? poor customer service

Vodaphone MMS settings via SMS / is it really too much trouble? poor customer service
OK so i tried to send a MMS last night and it didn't go, so been on the phone to Vodaphone today for nearly two hours from 2.00pm to 4.00pm and i have had the following :
  • We can send you a text with the settings ! (great! get the text and it's 59 stages of how to manual add the settings for MMS)
  • I'm sorry but i don't know how to do that ? can you call back!
  • We will send you the settings via E-mail ? WTf ? how can you send me the settings via e-mail (silly me gets a PDF with the 59 stages of manual adding an MMS service)
  • Logged into the web site to see if i can get them my self, MySql errors all over the shop.!
  • 3rd call to customer services, guys stats "oh your picture messages are blocked, I'll simply un-block them!) why were they blocked in the 1st place!!

Still waiting for them Vodaphone! not the best customer service I've ever experienced! 

i can get them on this phone Nokia n97 32 gig, i had them when i 1st moved over to Vodaphone, they sent me them when i 1st logged on the network! i tried putting my simm in another phone and also some one elses simm in my phone and sure enough O2 sent the settings to my phone on me mates simm, how ever that hasn't fixed it as i need the Vodaphone settings that they say they will send me! and they still haven't arrived.....tried all the normal tricks like logging onto another network and then back to vodaphone, remove battery when the phone's on etc.....was thinking of having a bath with a toaster, it'd be better results than what they have done, can't believe the "can you call back one" nearly fell off me chair, it's a good job i was munching on a kit kat at the time which made me choke a little bit or she would have had it in the ear!

Sent them an e-mail!

How can it be so complicated?

trying and that but some of them are not the same and i can't find them all. just found an "over the air" setting that isn't working eaither......

DISGUSTED, drove to the store to be met with "there's nothing we can do" and they need to allow 24 hours for the settings to come through and they may be having problems with the network, then come home to the e-mail that i sent them when i was securely logged in to read the following "sorry you have not given all your information" yet i was bloody logged into the account in the 1st place! what's the point of having a "contact us" page if you then send them a message to be told "you havne't supplied all your infomation" honestly! all i want is the mms settings, tried manual inputting them and that ain't worked so i am trying, how hard can it be Vodafone!!!!!!

Asked the guy if he could just send me them from another phone or register my simm in anothe phone or some thing!, told, "sorry all our phones have it built in" so what happened when i 1st came over to vodafone mate, yeah, that's right you sent me the wap and the mms settings within a few minutes of me turning the phone on with the new vodaphone simm in it!

Honestly...........

there's some "extra" settings etc. on my nokia (where you have the IP address etc) and i've tried but all in vain, just won't go....could you do me a favour and see if it would send you the settings via the vodafone web site? just see if it's me or the site, tried again and also me mate tried today to get them (the shop even told me that he was sending them from a nokia web site in case they were having problems wit the vodafone site.....then he was unabl to give me the link!!!...)

another call to customer services today to be told that the guy in the shop had ticked a few more boxes etc that he should not have ticked! and that they can only try and send the settings again to me via "over the air" and that it could take another 24 hours to sort out! it's an impossible task!

That link just don't work me thinks, as had a few pals and that try it, no one as of yet have received the settings, thanks though for trying mate, it might have been worth it or me, and don't forget the response from the shop, oh it's probably not working, and also the response from the helpline as well when it fired sql errors and that at me, was "they are all ways working on it"

Called "helpline" again today to be told....wait for it......

Were you at the store yesterday, "yes i was" i replied, ah well the guy in the shop has blocked, yes, blocked me, i was like "hold on you told me this 4 days ago and that you had to un-tick the option" ah well when you went to the store the guy in the store has messed on with the settings and checked and un-checked boxes, classic, it's like one big merry go round with them........

I'll have to wait and see the out come of another e-mail to them........

Honestly, you see this is what happens when a big fish is out there, no one taking responsibility!

and another call today, well 5 in fact, went through the same process, some of them could not be even bothered to take my call and one hung up on me...........

where now then vodafone? Orange? 02?

Message 1 of 11 (22,017 Views)
Tech Team
Wayne

Re: Vodaphone MMS settings via SMS / is it really too much trouble? poor customer service

Hi mowax

Thanks for your post here. I’m sorry to hear that you are having so much trouble getting your MMS set up.

First of all, I appreciate that you have already had this guide but here it is again. Please make sure everything is correct.

1.Press the Menu key

2.Touch Settings

3.Scroll to and touch Connectivity

4.Touch Options

5.Touch Open

6.Scroll to and touch Destinations

7.Touch Options

8.Touch Open

9.Touch Multimedia msg.

10.Touch Options

11.Touch Open

12.Touch Options

13.Touch New access point

14. Automatically check for available access points? will be displayed, touch No

15.Touch Packet data

16. Packet data access point name will be displayed, enter Vodafone MMS, touch OK

17.Vodafone MMS should now be highlighted, touch Options

18.Touch Edit

19.Touch Access point name

20.Touch Options

21.Touch Change

22. Enter:

For Pay monthly customers: wap.Vodafone.co.uk

For Pay as you go customers: pp.vodafone.co.uk

23.Touch OK

24.Touch User name

25.Touch Options

26.Touch Change

27. Enter wap, touch OK

28. Scroll to and touch Password

29.Touch Options

30.Touch Change

31. Enter wap, touch OK

32.Touch Authentication

33.Touch Options

34.Touch Change

35.Touch Normal, touch OK

36.Touch Homepage

37.Touch Options

38.Touch Change

39. Enter http://mms.vodafone.co.uk/servlets/mms, touch OK

40.Touch Use access point

41.Touch Options

42.Touch Change

43.Touch Automatically, touch OK

44.Touch Back

45.Vodafone MMS should be highlighted, touch Options

46. Scroll to and touch Organise

47.Touch Change priority

48.Touch Priority 1, touch OK

49. Press the End call key to return to the standby screen

50. Press the Menu key

51.Touch Messaging

52.Touch Options

53. Scroll to and touch Settings

54.Touch Multimedia message, touch Options

55.Touch Open

56.Touch Access point in use

57.Touch Options

58.Touch Change

59.Touch Vodafone MMS, touch OK.

Then, if this doesn’t work, please tell me if you are on contract or pay as you go? Also, can you post the exact settings you have on your handset and we’ll be happy to take a look and work out what is wrong.

Also, please let us know exactly what happens when you try and send an MMS?

Thanks

Wayne

I’m part of the Vodafone Tech Team and here to help. As this is a public forum, we can only answer non account specific queries. Please note, we’re unable to reply to private messages.

If you see a helpful post, please click the 'Thanks' button to let the author know. If a post solves your query, please click the ‘This is the Answer?’ button. This helps others find helpful answers in the community too.

Message 2 of 11 (21,980 Views)
mowax

Re: Vodaphone MMS settings via SMS / is it really too much trouble? poor customer service

Thank you for taking the time.

OK tried all them settings again like I've been doing and message just says "failed to send" and I'm back to square one, i used to be with "3" so was on a contract monthly, so in case i got my fingers burnt again i decided I'd take a simm only pay monthly DD deal with Voda, how ever last night when i was on the phone to customer services i got the following.

Good Afternoon Wayne,

Thank you for your email, Ive removed the bars that were preventing you from sending and receiving picture messages, please accept my apologies.

Please try to sue the service and if it doesn't work or you would like to discuss this further, please contact us on 0808 00 444 77.

Best Wishes

Dan Steele

Customer Relations Adviser

Tried to send a message and it worked.....then stopped working (take it some one was messing with me account on line) every time i call i get "some one's blocked your account" and I'll un-block it"

So as of about 4pm last night i managed to send a MMS and i thought I'd check the settings, mms was selected and on contract, so it's fruitless if it's blocked at the network side of things.

I will go through the settings again and try again this morning logging off the network, and then back on and re-setting the phone by removing the battery and the simm and then restarting.

I'll post back with what settings i have but if i could send late  yesterday afternoon after Dan had un-blocked me, I'm thinking when i was on the phone to a customer service agent at the time my account was blocked or something again....

Message 3 of 11 (21,975 Views)
mowax

put in all the settings etc and that again and logged off the network, restarted the phone and now the 3G sybol when i try and send changes too 3.5G and it says "sending" then it just says "resend at what ever time" etc etc.

Message 4 of 11 (21,971 Views)
mowax

ok so phoned customer services again today 09.20am and have been told that "your account can only send so many free ones" and i would need to add the "mms bundle" so here we go again, then she puts me on hold and puts me through to "tech support" and i have to explain my self all over again!

IS ANY ONE GOING TO TAKE OWNERSHIP OF THIS!!!!

So then i get through to tech services that tell me that "the system is down for an update/upgrade!" can you call back in 2 hours

SOME QUALITY CARE YOU HAVE FOR YOUR CUSTOMERS!!!!

" why can't they call me back?"
Message 5 of 11 (21,969 Views)
mowax

Re: Vodafone MMS settings via SMS / is it really too much trouble? poor customer service

what a terrible way to treat a customer.

I phoned your helpline again this morning to explain my situation again! and then i was put through to another adviser to explain the same thing again, and then i was told that the "system is down" and could i call back later.

So another trip to the store at Gateshead where i was sitting down explaining to one of the guys who was checking my account and he asked for some help from a guy called "Pete" he then said that "3" had blocked my phone and that I'd have to go to a "3" store. i told him that it was all working and that since may when i took the vodafone contract out and then he went off on one and shouted at me in front of every one in the store basically yelling at me from behind me, don't forget i was sitting down happily chatting with one of the agents.

So he's standing behind me and he shouts " I've been here 7 years and i know what I'm, talking about "

I asked to speak to the manager and advised him that i think "Pete" needs to go on a break, how dare he yell and shout at me, i never raised my voice once and i was calm and chatty, what an absolute disgrace, he never even took one look at my account before going off on one, so the manager of the Gateshead store sent him on his dinner.

The chap then looked at my account and then told me "the mms messaging service is blocked at the network level" and that he'd have to ask customer services to un-block it, so he called them and they said AGAIN that they'd lifted the block so i gave it an hour and reset me phone blah blah blah, and then tried again, then i thought I'd nip into your other store, the one upstairs in the metro center and the nice lady had a look at my account and then told me "your mms settings are blocked" and could i try again in 24 hours.

I am writing into the manager at the downstairs store about the horrendous way i was spoking to by the long time serving Pete!

and yes as of now i am still un-able to send MMS.........

Nice one Vodafone you sure have come out as one of the most professional network providers out there......NOT

Message 6 of 11 (21,961 Views)
mowax

Re: Vodafone MMS settings via SMS / is it really too much trouble? poor customer service

....and may i add that the guy that i was sitting chatting too actually apologized to me for his behavior, rudeness and totally out of order......7 years worth of loosing customers me thinks........

Message 7 of 11 (21,959 Views)
Tech Team
James

[ Edited ]

Hi mowax,

My apologies for the delay in getting back to you however the eForum team have been in very high demand over the past couple of weeks and it has been taking a little longer than normal to respond.

I have taken a look at your email history and taken a look at the MMS setup on the network and everything is setup as it should be however, I can see that the last person you spoke to on Saturday has agreed to call you later today to continue with further troubleshooting steps as everything network side is set up correctly.

Once this has happened, please elt me know how you get on so i can follow this up with you if needed.

James

eForum team

I’m part of the Vodafone Tech Team and here to help. As this is a public forum, we can only answer non account specific queries. Please note, we’re unable to reply to private messages.

If you see a helpful post, please click the 'Thanks' button to let the author know. If a post solves your query, please click the ‘This is the Answer?’ button. This helps others find helpful answers in the community too.

Message 8 of 11 (21,943 Views)
mowax

Morning James.

Thanks for getting back to me, it's appreciated.

I'd just like to say that the lady that i spoke to late on sat night at around about 20:10pm sorted it all out for me, she told me that the account did not have MMS settings on it and that she'd need to do some thing with the account and alas, i tried to send an MMS and "bingo" it worked, so I'd like to thank her for taking the time out and taking responsibility for a problem that i had network side of things.

Now i just need to advise your very rude "Pete" in the downstairs store of the metrocenter that my phone is not blocked by "3" and that it was not a hand set issue, it was YOUR side of things at the network! i haven't touched any settings on my phone and have no access points for "MMS" set up and the phone works so it's proof that it wasn't me and he didn't know what he was talking about.

I ain't being spoken to like that in front of all the other store staff and customers, and i think he needs telling. (you have to remember that he never even looked at my account)

Put it this way, 2 of your Vodafone staff actually apologised to me after he'd gone on his dinner (was told to go on his dinner) about his mannerism and attitude, shouting at me and being flippant!

I'm over the moon at the lady that sorted it on Sat night massive A+++ for her, as for "Pete" in the metrocenter! well that's another story.

Message 9 of 11 (21,939 Views)
Rank 1: Guest
remondo

[ Edited ]

I'm also having these fun and games setting up MMS on a Samsung Galaxy S2. It all started when I got the usual text from Vodafone saying they were sending my settings- which never arrived. I called Customer services who sent the settings but I still couldn't receive incoming MMS. I rang again and they sent the exact same settings which still didn't work.

It should not be this difficult Vodafone, sort it out! I expect my phone to work out of the box as every other Network Operator manages to do with no hassle. I'm glad I only signed up for a 12 month contract with Vodafone because I certainly won't be staying with them after this nonsense.

Message 10 of 11 (20,336 Views)
Rank 29: Mentor III
Magicman13

try going to business.vodafone.com and looking for the settings. you can find most phones on there other than apple and you can send the update straight to your handset.

hope that helps.

Respice post te, mortalem te esse memento
Message 11 of 11 (20,333 Views)