Support:

Pay monthly services

Ask a question:
Rank 1: Guest
Karenjpage

What does it take to get a refund?

6 weeks ago I was asked to ring as my phone bill which is normally £10 had jumped to £386.  I rang and was told that the text was a false on and only after prodding and prodding did he admit it was a problem that had been occuring and my bill was £386 but it would be sorted as it was faulty billing.  Got another request on 16th May for a £386 bill saying that it was due another phone call to some bod calle Shaun who assured me it was £10 and it would be adjusted by the end of the day followed by a text to confirm.  on 27th May in spite of two texts and confirmation by phone that the bill was wrong they tried to take the money but I didnt have sufficent funds.  Then on 30th May another phone call another promise the money would not be taken as they knew it was a error on 31st a text to confirm this.  on 3rd June 3 days later they have taken all my wages for the month and now on 6th June I cannot get to speak to anybody and nobody will ring me back.  If I stole money from them I would be prosecuted.  Has anyone else had this problem the fault is with a music station.  Does nobody at Vodafone ever do what they say.   6 phone calls a unpaid direct debit bill and nobody will speak to me why!!!!!!!!

Message 1 of 6 (2,880 Views)
Rank 28: Mentor II
biffo1963

Re: What does it take to get a refund?

While you are waiting for Vodafone's left hand and right hand to speak to one another, contact your bank and ask for the money to be refunded under the Direct Debit Guarantee.  This may or may not be effective, but if it works it will be much faster than Vodafone are likely to be.   Make sure you keep those texts saying that this wouldn't happen !

Finally, keep calling 191 until someone takes proper notice.  This is a serious issue - as you said, it's theft plain and simple - and needs to be treated as such, not brushed off !

Message 2 of 6 (2,875 Views)
Tech Team
James

[ Edited ]

Hi Karenjpage,

Many thanks for your post here and welcome to the Vodafone eForum.

It’s always nice to see a new name on here however; I only wish that it was under better circumstances.

From what you have said it does sound like you have had a bit of an ordeal with us and I would like to be able to assist you in getting everything straitened out.

So that I can do this I will require access to your account, to do this away from the public environment I have sent you an email to the address that you have used to register with us, please reply to this with your details and we will take a look at what has happened and talk to you to get a resolution in place.

James

eForum Team

I’m part of the Vodafone Tech Team and here to help. As this is a public forum, we can only answer non account specific queries. Please note, we’re unable to reply to private messages.

If you see a helpful post, please click the 'Thanks' button to let the author know. If a post solves your query, please click the ‘This is the Answer?’ button. This helps others find helpful answers in the community too.

Message 3 of 6 (2,869 Views)
Karenjpage

I cant call 191 as I have a touch tone phone and you cant put the number in so this all on my landline phone.  I have contacted the bank but they said they cant help so I have no money as they have taken all my wages for the month.  I have got a patehtic email saying I have to ring them back in 3-5 working days and then they might do something about it.  Nobody has rang me back again in spite of the fact for the second time I was promsied I would be. All I keep getting is a forgeign call centre and nobody gives a stuff about the fact that for the past 6 weeks they have realised it is a error and nobody has done anythign about it.  I work in a call centre and if we treated our customers in this manner we would be sacked.

Message 4 of 6 (2,853 Views)
Karenjpage

Thanks James I have emailed you the response I got which is the only one I have got or lack of it with all my details.  I cant sleep for anger and worry over this.

Message 5 of 6 (2,852 Views)
Rank 34: Scholar III
bertyb

I would agree that if someone has admitted its wrong then perhaps direct debit indemnity is the way to go
Message 6 of 6 (2,835 Views)