15-06-2012 07:46 AM
I received my new phone on Wednesday, and have finally got the chance to try the phone out and check it out properly, and noticed it has a scratch on the top of the screen.
I don't really want to send it back for another replacement, so does anyone know whether Vodafone could apply any form of discount for me?
16-06-2012 10:49 AM
17-06-2012 08:21 AM - edited 17-06-2012 08:23 AM
20-06-2012 02:06 PM
I won't say on the forum what happened today with a customer service agent, as I'm waiting to hopefully finally receive an undamaged phone tomorrow.
Please Vodafone, send me a good, scratch-free phone.
As above, if only I could have just my first bill free (£15.50), I'd have been happy to keep the phone.
21-06-2012 09:18 AM
So, my new phone isn't coming. I've now waited in a total of 4 days to get a new phone, but still don't have one.
I called yesterday about receiving two wrong phones, and I was promised a new phone today. Apparently this hasn't happened at all, so they're having to reschedule a phone for me. I'll now get it tomorrow if I'm lucky, but I'm waiting for a call back.
This will now be 5 days waiting in for a new phone, which is a bit of an arduous process. Does anyone know if I could just replace it in store?
All that said, to Vodafone's credit, they are putting a credit on my account to cover my first month's line rental.
22-06-2012 08:36 AM - edited 22-06-2012 08:40 AM
Thanks for your posts here and I’m sorry that you haven’t had your phone yet. Unfortunately you are unable to exchange a phone that was ordered online or over the phone in store however I hope that you do get your phone today.
If you do not receive your phone please let me know so that I can escalate the issue for you and intervene in the process if required.
23-06-2012 06:58 AM
I almost can't be bothered to write this all out, but I will.
Late on Thursday, they called me back. I didn't get my phone yesterday, and the earliest they could get me one was Monday. They also cannot arrange for a SwapIt, for some reason, meaning I have to send my phone back after I receive the new one.
I reluctantly accepted, as it's more hassle for me. Due to all of the hassle (promised a new phone, and it just didn't even get arranged), the person on the phone offered me my first line rental bill free. I accept.
Then my bill comes. No mention of it being free. I won't go into further detail about this, but it's fair to say almost every person I've spoken to on your Cairo helpdesk is insulting, rude and unprofessional. Contrast that with the Kilmarnock helpdesk I seem to get through otherwise, they are (usually) good.
I am happy with my deal at Vodafone, so will be sticking with you for 2 more years (as per the contract), but after that I will be leaving. All I wanted was a new phone, and all I've been left with is a world of pain. I like things simple.
There is more I could tell you, but I'll wait until Monday and hopefully I'll be happy.
24-06-2012 10:27 AM
Thank you very much for coming back to us and I think that we need to step in to see exactly what is happening.
So we can do this I have sent you a quick PM with details of how to get in touch with our team directly, please follow the instruction and one of our team will then be able to contact you directly to get everything all sorted for you if the phone doesn’t arrive tomorrow.
You can find your PM inbox here.
25-06-2012 03:48 PM
I'm waiting for the new phone, and if that's alright, I can finally end this. If the next one is wrong, I'll let you know.
I will of course provide a full account of everything for your own improvements if that's useful - just let me know (as it'll take a while to write out).
26-06-2012 03:31 PM
Hello (James/Tech Team),
I have a similar problem, I have a water damaged phone (apparrently - HTC say so but I don't know how it happened); I have no insurance and I'm in contract until early 2013 and need to replace. Hitherto I could have conducted an early upgrade, indeed ths was one of the attractive features when I took out the contract, but that T&C has now changed it seems (confusingly).
I can provide other details if required by PM; can you help?
26-06-2012 05:00 PM
The very early upgrades (190 day) may still be available to people who were aware of their existance prior to them being withdrawn
However there is no guarentee you can be offered one
If there is something that can be done, the deal on offer will not be the best, there will be little scope for negotiation.
You will also find your remaining days bolted to the end of your new contract
I'm sure a mod will be PMing you to discuss your situation
Have you looked at sourcing another handset, something like a Wildfire S can be had on PAYG for £150 and you can use your contract sim in that for a few months before upgrading and then selling on the wildfire
27-06-2012 09:07 AM
Hi hywelgriff, welcome to the eForum
As SynthFG has said, we recently removbed the trial we were running whereby you could upgrade up to 6 months early - this would have been ideal in your situation but would have also stacked the new commitment onto what you have left, giving you a longer than normal contract
We'll need to take a look at your account so that we can go through all of your options so I've sent you a PM with some instructions on how to get in touch with us - follow these and we'll be in touch as soon as we can for a chat
You can find your PM inbox here