Support:

Pay monthly services

Ask a question:
Rank 6: Frequent Poster
jimius

Re: Why make it so difficult to leave VF?

PS,

Could someone remove the solved tag.

jimius
Message 21 of 53 (2,640 Views)
Rank 1: Guest
tomtom121

Could someone please look into this, as a matter of urgency. My partner's number (the one being ported from 3), was disconnected from 3 last night. Can she be re-connected to 3?, or will i have to contact them to arrange it?. I have no intention of putting the VF sim in the new phone, so she is now without a phone.

I am disabled and the mobile phones are important for use in an emergency. Joanne's been off work for a couple of days but returns tomorrow, so i am sorry to have to set time limits, but this needs resolved today.

If i hear nothing by early afternoon, i will try VF customer services (cancellations) and 3 to see if they can take her number back.

jimius

Message 22 of 53 (2,619 Views)
jimius

sorry, that last post was from me, but my son had used my computer and hadn't logged out from forum.

jimius

Message 23 of 53 (2,615 Views)
Rank 34: Scholar III
bertyb

If a port had started, then it probably can't be cancelled and you will need to now get a PAC code from Vodafone and use it to take it back to Three

Message 24 of 53 (2,612 Views)
jimius

thanks berty,

I sort of expected that, but i had hoped that after my post and email, yesterday afternoon, they could have stopped it, it was supposed to be ported today.

I didn't expect VF to move so fast.

jimius
Message 25 of 53 (2,608 Views)
jimius

[ Edited ]

Ok, received a call from Ian, and Vf will not be honouring the agreement i had, as i have stated, the amount of data was always going to be at the heart of any deal i made, but to now say that the deal was 500mb data + 2gb BT openzone is ridiculous, and is not something i would agree to. 

Here's the original email :

Good afternoon Mr Thompson, Thanks for taking the time to speak to me today. As agreed I will call you in April to discuss and finalise your upgrade and new contract for Joanne. Here are the terms of the new agreements discussed - For yourself - 300 minutes, unlimited text and 500mb data plus extra 2gb data @ 31 a month inc VAT on 18 month contract with HTC OneX. For Joanne - 300 minutes, unlimited text and 500mb data @ 18 per month inc VAT on 18 month contract with Samsung Galaxy S2 at a one off charge of 25. As advised Joanne will need her PAC CODE from 3 at this point. Kind regards Rachel (surname removed for security) Vodafone Customer relations Please do not respond to this mailbox is it is not monitored.

--------------------------------------

No mention of BT openzone.

So i am now told that i have to sort this mess out myself, i have to ring 191 ask to cancel and request PAC's, also ring 3 and try to stop them charging me the early termination fee (4 or 5 months left on contract), and hope i won't have to start a new contract.

Nice one VF, disgraceful way to treat a loyal customer. VF hear this a lot, but i will take this further.

jimius

Message 26 of 53 (2,606 Views)
jimius

Thanks for the edit Andy, i should have done it myself.

To try and keep everyone, that's been involved, updated, i have used the "Vodafone UK CEO Feedback" link to ask them to read this thread. This because it was their customer relations team that agreed the deal and sent me the email, in the first place.

I have spoken to Ofcom, and have now used the VF sim in Joanne's phone, simply because she can't be without a working phone, and if needs be i will request repayment of any costs incurred.

I still retain the slight hope that VF will come to their senses and honour the deal that i had agreed, failing that i will have no option but to follow Ofcom's advice and raise this as a contractual dispute, through the code of practice. I really don't want to do this,as i know it can take upto 8 weeks.

It would be great if anyone could advise me, should i call cancellations to arrange the return of the two phones, as per the 7 day rule, or will VF extend this deadline until the dispute is sorted. I received the phones on Friday 13th (should have realised).

jimius

Message 27 of 53 (2,589 Views)
Tech Team
James

Hi jimius,

I can’t see any email history in our email system for you however, this does leave us with two options;

1.Email our customer relations team again regarding the deal promised by them so they can pick this up for you.

2. Follow the instructions on the PM I have sent you so that one of our team can speak with the customer relations team on your behalf regarding the deal.

You can find your PM inbox here.

James

I’m part of the Vodafone Tech Team and here to help. As this is a public forum, we can only answer non account specific queries. Please note, we’re unable to reply to private messages.

If you see a helpful post, please click the 'Thanks' button to let the author know. If a post solves your query, please click the ‘This is the Answer?’ button. This helps others find helpful answers in the community too.

Message 28 of 53 (2,566 Views)
jimius

Thanks James,

As i mentioned in, my previous post, i have already emailed the customer relations team, and i have now replied to your PM.

No answer on the 7 day rule, so i will call cancellations in the morning to arrange the return of the phones.

jimius
Message 29 of 53 (2,551 Views)
jimius

Over the 48hrs since my email to the CEO/customer relations, and no reply, i know it's only coming up to 20hrs or so since i replied to James email, but i feel i have no option because of time constraints.

I will arrange the return of the two new phones, contact the Information Commissioner and then make a formal complaint through the Code of Practice procedure.
I regret having to go this route, but 7 day rule,lack of contact, promised phone calls by Customer Service not made, questions on the eforum not being answered, it all just makes me think that VF do not care about my custom and want out of the promised deal.
jimius
Message 30 of 53 (2,538 Views)
Tech Team
Wayne

Hi jimius

Thanks for your post here.

I’ve just had a word with our Customer Relations team and can confirm that they’ll be getting back to you today.

Thanks

Wayne

I’m part of the Vodafone Tech Team and here to help. As this is a public forum, we can only answer non account specific queries. Please note, we’re unable to reply to private messages.

If you see a helpful post, please click the 'Thanks' button to let the author know. If a post solves your query, please click the ‘This is the Answer?’ button. This helps others find helpful answers in the community too.

Message 31 of 53 (2,529 Views)
jimius

Thanks Wayne,

I have arranged for the phones to go back and have been given my 2 port authority codes, so would appreciate it being asap.

jimius

Message 32 of 53 (2,523 Views)
jimius

Hi again

Had a call from Keith, @ customer relations, and no VF will not honour the deal. Amazing that VF now say they do not have an option that allows them to give an extra 2gb of data.

The following is from the VF website:

If you have data in your price plan
If you don’t have data in your price plan
Make the most of your smartphone with extra UK web access
If you need more UK web access to keep you going each month, we’ve got two great Web Packs.

Our Standard Pack adds another 500MB to your current monthly allowance, plus 100 UK picture messages – more than enough for most. While our Premium Pack gives you a whopping 2GB extra each month – great news if you regularly watch YouTube videos or have apps that access the internet frequently.

How will I know when I’m near the end of my data allowance?
Don’t worry – we’ll text you as you approach the end of your Standard or Premium Pack. That way, there’ll be no surprises when your bill arrives.

What happens if I don’t buy a pack?
If you choose not to buy a Standard or Premium Pack, we’ll automatically charge you £5 for 250MB of UK web access as soon as you go over the data allowance already included in your price plan.

How do I buy a Web Pack?
Simply contact our Customer Services team or pop into your nearest Vodafone store.
--------------------------------------
Strange eh!, there's the 2gb pack that i was promised, but it doesn't exist.

So outright lied to, or a genuine mistake, i know which one gets my vote.

I am sick, tired and not a little stressed by all of this, so i will pop an email off to customer relations, pointing out the non-existent 2gb pack. Then i will phone 3, to see if they will port Joanne's number back without penalty. Then the Information Commissioners office to make a formal Subject Data Access Request, Then i will call it a day.

Tomorrow it's the solicitors, and i will give it all to them to handle, because i have had enough.

jimius
Message 33 of 53 (2,515 Views)
jimius

Just spoke with 3, and they can't transfer Joanne back on her old account, but they will be more than happy to take the early termination fee and start her on a new contract, yea right, think it will be best to just leave things as they are for now, until i get some advice from the legal eagles.

jimius

Message 34 of 53 (2,510 Views)
Tech Team
James

Hi jimius,

Many thanks for your time on the phone today, I am pleased to see that we were able to get closure on the issue for you.

Have a great evening

James

If you have any comments regarding how I have handled your query today, please complete our short feedback survey.

Message 35 of 53 (2,499 Views)
jimius

Thanks again James,

Here's hoping that it stays solved this time.

Can we change the subject title to "Why make it so difficult to stay with VF?".:smileywink:

jimius

Ps. I notice that my status has changed from "Mentor" to "Senior Member", have i been demoted for arguing?

Message 36 of 53 (2,495 Views)
Administrator
Administrator
JD

Hi jimius

Fear not, the rankings are based on a number of factors including Kudos, solutions, time on the forum and more. We never manually change someones rank.

Thanks

J

Message 37 of 53 (2,491 Views)
jimius

Hi,

If it's at all possible could James please contact me.

As i pointed out, in message 20, of this thread, i seem to have an extra contract added to my account. This contract was never requested, i have received a sim card for the number but haven't used it.

The extra contract that i did take out, doesn't show the correct tariff, when i check my account on line.

jimius

Message 38 of 53 (2,459 Views)
Tech Team
James

Hi jimius,

Thanks for your time on the phone today.

If you have any questions, please give me a shout.

James

If you have any comments regarding how I have handled your query today, please complete our short feedback survey.

Message 39 of 53 (2,445 Views)
jimius

Thanks James

all sorted, again.

jimius.

Message 40 of 53 (2,443 Views)