Support:

Pay monthly services

Ask a question:
Rank 6: Frequent Poster
jimius
Accepted Solution

Why make it so difficult to leave VF?

I have had it with, all providers, pushing for longer and more costly contracts, but VF's pricing for data is the final straw. So! gonna go buy a phone and take a cracking sim only deal, with another provider.

Phoned VF customer services, on Sat morning, to enquire about paying off my contract, was given a price and told that my P.A.C would be texted to me, but that i had to email a termination request giving 30 days notice(sent email Sat morning). Rang customer services again, this morning, with a question about the payment and my D/D which is due out in a week. I was told that i couldn't get my P.A.C, either by text or over the phone, because i had not formatted my email in the correct manner and that  a text was being sent with a template for the email, and i still don't have an answer to my question about the payment.

The only thing i am sure of is that VF need to sort out their customer services. I would also say that, the use of foreign call centres doesn't help, I'm from the N.East of England and English people have enough trouble understanding me.

Well going to try and format my email properly this time.

Any feedback would be appreciated.

Regards

jimius

Message 1 of 53 (3,542 Views)
jimius

Re: Why make it so difficult to leave VF?

Update.

Sent off the new email and within an hour received a call from retentions. Very helpful, even gave me the P.A.C. that i had requested.

We discussed some options, and there was a deal that nearly made me change my mind, BUT! at the end of the day,  it still only had 500mb of data.

So somewhat reluctantly, been with VF well over 10 years, i'm off.

My thanks to the eforum team, for their help over the last 3 or 4 years, because without you i would have been gone years ago.

Regards 

jimius

Message 2 of 53 (3,505 Views)
Tech Team
Tech Team
Kay

Good Morning jimius, 

I'm sorry to hear you wern't happy with the deals discussed. 

If you'd like to see if there is anything I can help with, please let me know. 

Please follow the instructions in the private message I've just sent and a member of the team will be in touch as soon as possible. 

You can find your PM inbox here.

Best Wishes,

Kay 

I’m part of the Vodafone Tech Team and here to help. As this is a public forum, we can only answer non account specific queries. Please note, we’re unable to reply to private messages.

If you see a helpful post, please click the 'Thanks' button to let the author know. If a post solves your query, please click the ‘This is the Answer?’ button. This helps others find helpful answers in the community too.

Message 3 of 53 (3,477 Views)
jimius

[ Edited ]

Thanks Kay, reply sent.

Message 4 of 53 (3,462 Views)
jimius

Sorry Kay, but it's probably no use anyone contacting me.  I have just tried to contact retentions hoping to speak to Rajah about the deal he offered yesterday, thought i had an idea that might make the deal possible, customer services tell me that the department only makes outgoing calls and don't accept incoming ones.

The lady i spoke to said that whatever deal had been made would still stand when i can upgrade in April. Problem is - i didn't accept any deal and an April upgrade was never mentioned.

So unfortunately there is probably nothing you can do to help at this time.

I have my P.A.C and have now requested the P.A.C for my second contract.

Thanks

jimius

Message 5 of 53 (3,444 Views)
jimius

Thanks Amanda, for the call today, sorry we couldn't come to an agreement.

I have to say that VF have an unhappy knack of shooting themselves in the foot sometimes, and the continued use of overseas call centres is something i find extremely annoying. The cancellation of early upgrades, even the 90 day one, is simply crazy, and probably in breach of contract, as i was told on my last upgrade(when talked into an 18mth instead of my usual 12mth contract) not to worry i could still upgrade 90 days early., and the pricing structure for data is exorbitant.

I sent an email, first thing this morning, requesting termination of my second account, and asked for the P.A.C. It was sent because the promised text message with the P.A.C. didn't arrive yesterday.(promised by cancellations), but i haven't received a confirmation email from them. The usual customer services. Guess i'll have to email them again. I was hoping to get it sorted tomorrow, going shopping for a new phone.

Once again thanks

Message 6 of 53 (3,417 Views)
jimius

Phoned cancellations again, now they say i can't have my P.A.C. because there's a technical problem.

Now why on earth would anyone want to leave VF.

Message 7 of 53 (3,410 Views)
jimius

Received a call today, and have agreed a deal, it was too late for one of my contracts, but at the end of the day i'm happy with the deal.

If only VF didn't make it such hard work.

jimius

Message 8 of 53 (3,385 Views)
jimius

Hi again folks,

Wondered if one of the team could possibly contact me.

As you can see, from previous posts, i did eventually agree a deal. This involved the HTC ONE X, i have an email outlining the agreed deal.

Problem is that i was promised a call, as soon as the ONE X became available. The phone has been available for a few days now, but no call.

jimius
Message 9 of 53 (3,202 Views)
Tech Team
Ian_C

Hi jimius,

Many thanks for your post.

It’s disappointing to read about your experiences, but we’d like to see if we can get you a great deal on the HTC One X.

I’ve sent you a private message with details of how to contact us if you do need any help with this.

We are a small team and are very popular at the moment, so don’t be surprised if it takes a couple of days for us to respond after you’ve emailed.

You can find your PM Inbox here. If you can't access this link, please ensure that the box next to "Turn on private messages" is ticked on this page, and let us know if you need any further assistance.

Let me take this opportunity to show you how Vodafone like to say thank you; take a look at VIP.

Cheers

Ian

I’m part of the Vodafone Tech Team and here to help. As this is a public forum, we can only answer non account specific queries. Please note, we’re unable to reply to private messages.

If you see a helpful post, please click the 'Thanks' button to let the author know. If a post solves your query, please click the ‘This is the Answer?’ button. This helps others find helpful answers in the community too.

Message 10 of 53 (3,164 Views)
jimius

Thanks Ian,

Reply sent. Here's hoping you can help, just beginning to think iv'e been overlooked.

jimius
Message 11 of 53 (3,161 Views)
jimius

Thanks for the call Ian, great to get things sorted.

I just received your email, outlining the details, but not sure about the data package. The deal i had arranged was for 500mb + an additional 2gb, giving me a total of 2.5gb per month. could you confirm this for me.

Thanks again
jimius
Message 12 of 53 (3,134 Views)
Rank 1: Guest
Trapes

I am having what can only be described as a nightmare with Vodafone.

Upgraded in Dec, emailed the next day to say not in stock so I cancelled my upgrade, however still on the new tariff (upgraded to iphone 4) Was assured my tariff would revert back to normal (did it heck) I cancelled my contract as was at the end. I took out another contract with o2 and stopped using my vodafone phone but despite cancelling it was still billed the next month again on the new £41 tariff, cancelled again and emailed and spoke on the phone to someone who said I had to give 30 days notice. Did so again verbally and by way of email and yet today have received another bill for £41 for period 4th april-5th May!!!!

I shall be now taking matters further, much further as I am sick to death of all this. Recommend Vodafone? you're having a laugh and I doubt very much that this will even make it to the forum page as I am slating them!!!!!

Message 13 of 53 (3,120 Views)
jimius

sorry for being pushy on this, but could i get an answer to my question in post 12.

The phones are being delivered in the next 2 hours and i really would like an answer, before i unbox and start playing about with them.

jimius
Message 14 of 53 (3,098 Views)
Tech Team
James

Hi jimius,

If you reply directly to the email one of our team will be able to access your account and take a look at this for you.

Unfortunately we are unable to confirm any customers deal over the eForum.

@ Trapes, We don’t remove any post from the eForum unless they break the terms and conditions that you agree to when signing up with us.

Can I ask if you have managed to get this sorted yet?

If not, please follow the instructions on the PM that I have sent you and one of our team will be able to take a look at this for you.

You can find your PM inbox here.

James

Message 15 of 53 (3,086 Views)
jimius

Hi James

Already replied yesterday to the email, that i received from Ian. Asking for confirmation, but no reply yet.

jimius.
Message 16 of 53 (3,080 Views)
jimius

Ok new ONE X been sitting in it's box since 11am, i'm gonna open it (can't stand it, seems to be calling to me.) Hope one of you nice folks can contact me about the data allowance,

I am right, that i have 7 days peace of mind.

jimius
Message 17 of 53 (3,069 Views)
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)
Lee

Hi jimius,

Many thanks for your post.

One of the team will be with you as soon as they can.

Let us know what you think about your handset. Also, yes; you have 7 days to make your mind up about keeping the phone :smileywink:

Cheers,

Lee

Message 18 of 53 (3,061 Views)
jimius

Thanks Lee,

Gave it an hours charge and then set things up, all very simple and straightforward, a little play and it's back on charge.

It certainly looks and feels very nice, but this microsim lark is a real pain in the sitty down area, i couldn't transfer my contacts and if i activate the microsim then my old one is deactivated. Good job i have a sim card cutter, chopped my old one and bob's your mothers brother, one working microsim.

Ok Lee will wait for word

jimius
Message 19 of 53 (3,058 Views)
jimius

After being with VF for so long, i really shouldn't be surprised when things go pear shaped, but after thinking all was sorted, i find it is far from it.

I'm not going over everything again, but needless to say the data amount i had agreed is not being honoured. Even though i had an email confirmation, and anyone reading my earlier posts would see that i would not accept 500mb a month.

Could someone arrange for the 2 phones i have received to be collected, and for the porting of the phone number form 3 to be canceled.

I originally received a PAC for my number, is this still valid?, or do i need a new one?, and if so could it please be arranged.

I have replied to the email, that i received from Ian an hour ago, stating the above, but that could take a couple of days getting sorted. I would like to move it along a little quicker if possible.

I have also received a welcome email for my new contract - 12 months @ £31 per. I have no idea what that's about i don't have a 12 month contract, but would appreciate someone checking it out.

jimius

Message 20 of 53 (3,016 Views)