You are here:
Ask a question:
Rank 1: Guest
laurenritchie

can't call or text anybody, 'call customer care agent' ?

hi there,

so my phone was working perfectly last night (about 10 hours ago) i was texting away without a care in the world :smileyhappy:

and then this morning i couldn't send a text. i thought this was just signal so i forgot about it.

i then tried to ring the person that i couldn't text and it said that 'calls to this number are restricted on this phone, please contact a customer service agent'

i rang random numbers, like my mums and 118118 and numbers like that to see if it was jsut certain numbers but it's not.

i rang 191 (or whatever the vodaphone number is) but when i was put through to a real person not an automated person, it said my calls were restricted again.

so how am i meant to sort this out?

Message 1 of 92 (14,394 Views)
Moderator (Retired)
BenJ

Re: can't call or text anybody, 'call customer care agent' ?

Hi Laurenritchie

Welcome to the eForum!

That's odd behavior  for your phone to accept some calls but not all, especially as 191 is affected.

I would like to look into this issue for you and resolve this. So that I can do this, I have sent you an email, if you could reply back to this email with the details I need and I will get to the bottom of this.

Thanks
BenJ

eForum Team

Message 2 of 92 (14,342 Views)
purple1fred

hello I am having exactly the same problem can you tell me how it got sorted out?

Message 3 of 92 (14,075 Views)
marky980

Same problem for me, stupid message tells you to call custome servies, but then restricts it

Message 4 of 92 (14,057 Views)
Moderator (Retired)
James

[ Edited ]

Hi Purple1fred, marky980,

So we can get this investigated for you please can you pop over to our contact us page, fill in your details and use the subject line "EFT135 your eForum Query"

You will also need to include a link to this thread in the message of your email to us, once we have your details we will be able to investigate this issue further for you.

James

eForum Team

I’m part of the Vodafone Tech Team and here to help. As this is a public forum, we can only answer non account specific queries. Please note, we’re unable to reply to private messages.

If you see a helpful post, please click the 'Thanks' button to let the author know. If a post solves your query, please click the ‘This is the Answer?’ button. This helps others find helpful answers in the community too.

Message 5 of 92 (14,038 Views)
alexallen8089

Same plz can u help 

Message 6 of 92 (13,925 Views)
Moderator (Retired)
Trev

Hi alexallen8089

I have sent an email to your eForum registered address for you too. :smileyhappy:

If you can just kindly complete and return this, I'll be able to further assist you in this matter.

Regards

Trev

eForum Team

Message 7 of 92 (13,910 Views)
swift

Hello, i am having the same problem? Please can somebody help me get this sorted??
Message 8 of 92 (13,807 Views)
Moderator (Retired)
Trev

[ Edited ]

Hi swift

I've a small IT issue that's preventing me from forwarding an email to you to help resolve this issue. :smileysad:

It's not all lost though. :smileyhappy:

If you you pop over to our contact us page, fill in your account and contact details and use the subject line "EFT135 Your eForum query", this will also get routed to our specific eForum inbox.

Please remember to include a link to this thread in your message, and once I have your details I'll will be able to investigate this issue further for you.

Regards

Trev

eForum Team

Message 9 of 92 (13,782 Views)
katieocleary94

Im having the same problem, and i urgently need to use my phone, can somebody please help me!

Message 10 of 92 (13,530 Views)
Rank 34: Scholar III
mari1970

Hi, the quickest way to get your issue resolved would be to contact Customer Care on 08700700191 from another line

Message 11 of 92 (13,521 Views)
jamahl

i am having the exact same problem
Message 12 of 92 (13,437 Views)
Moderator (Retired)
AndyD

Hi jamahl,

I've noticed that you've posted a very similar query on another thread which can be found here. So that we don't duplicate information, we'll only respond to the linked thread.

Thanks

Andy

eForum Team

Message 13 of 92 (13,430 Views)
tcooke1987

HELP!! Mine is doing the same!! Was working fine yesterday when I finished work and in a matter of minutes used it again and said the restricted number message!! I have not been receiving texts either but have been receiving calls. Tried calling 191 and after automated message goes to be put through and then says the message! Its really important as people have been sending me important texts and i have not received them. I only JUST joined vodafone and this happens!!

Message 14 of 92 (13,342 Views)
Tech Team
Wayne

Hi tcooke1987 and welcome to the eForum

Thanks for your post here. I’m sorry to hear that you are also experiencing this issue. So that we can get this sorted for you I’m going to send you an email over to the email address that you registered with. All you need to do is hit reply and fill in all of the information it asks for. We’ll then get back to you as soon as possible.

Thanks

Wayne

eForum Team

Want to give feedback about me?

You can do so here

Message 15 of 92 (13,325 Views)
Samxlr

I'm having exaclty the same problem... Would be great to get this sorted out please.

Message 16 of 92 (12,682 Views)
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)
Lee

Hi there Samxlr,

An email is on its way to you now. Please reply and we'll be in touch.

Cheers,

Lee

eForum Team

Message 17 of 92 (12,627 Views)
Mancuniangirl

I'm the same , I have paid the bill by chq after I asked for a 3 day extension on my bill as I was abroad , I can't call vodaphone customer care as all call are ristricted from my handset , how am I suppose to solve this problem if I can't even contact customer care for help and advise ? Can someone please help me ?
Message 18 of 92 (12,534 Views)
Tech Team
DaveCD

[ Edited ]

Hi Mancuniangirl.

First and foremost a very warm welcome to the eForum, it is great to see new users here! :smileyvery-happy:

In order for us to look into your account and get this resolved for you I have sent an email using the address you registered on here witth for you to complete and reply to.

Once we have your reply we can progress.

Hope to hear from you soon.

Many Thanks

DaveCD

eForum Team

Don't forget to check out Vodafone VIP for the latest news, events and competitions!

Also if you feel I have helped it would be ace if you could take 30 seconds to complete a quick survey. :smileyhappy:

Message 19 of 92 (12,447 Views)
sophie662

Hello,

I am having the same problem; restricted calls from my number and telling me to call a customer care agent. I can only assume this is about my new iphone 4 as i swapped it with my old blackberry and therefore wouldnt get charged for my new handset. Vodafone tried to charge me for the iphone so i had to ring and sort it out and the lady who i spoke to confirmed she had made notes that i didnt owe any money and that it was a direct swap; handset for handset.

Ive checked my bank statement and i paid my august bill and my september bill isnt due to the 6th so can any help me please !! cant ring as no other phone available at the minute and need phone to work asap !! 

thank you 

Sophie

Message 20 of 92 (12,264 Views)