Support:

Pay monthly services

Ask a question:
Rank 1: Guest
DannyKirby

end contract

hi,

over the past couple of years i have had nothing but trouble with having vodafone as my mobile network. signal issues and phone issues combined on numberous ocasions you have fixed and last year you let me change to an iphone. at the time i was offered a 50% discount if i wanted to end my contract early and since my cancellation fee now is £185 i want to know if the 50% discount still stands so that i can end my contract and finally leave britains worst mobile network provider. i know i will be waiting for at least a week for a reply but i await your response

danny

Message 1 of 6 (3,744 Views)
Tech Team
DaveCD

Re: end contract

Hi DannyKirby

Not quite a week but thank you for your first post on the eForum, it is great to see you here. :smileyhappy:

I am sorry you have been caused frustration, and I am sorry you had not come here sooner so we could help more.

Your Early Termination Fee (ETF) is calculated from your line rental multiplied by the number of months remaining, and then on your final invoice you will recieve 2% back, however discounts are not included in this.

If you could provide details of any issues you may be having we would love to help, the last thing we like to see is anyone leaving.

Many Thanks

DaveCD

eForum Team

I’m part of the Vodafone Tech Team and here to help. As this is a public forum, we can only answer non account specific queries. Please note, we’re unable to reply to private messages.

If you see a helpful post, please click the 'Thanks' button to let the author know. If a post solves your query, please click the ‘This is the Answer?’ button. This helps others find helpful answers in the community too.

Message 2 of 6 (3,701 Views)
DannyKirby

i have posted before but in a different name. well the problems have signal issues and phone issues mainly, i have had three different phones from you all with the same problems. the last phone i managed to get was an iphone4 and i wish i had never got it. the customer service is appaling, when you have signal issues the suggestions how to fix it are poor and read off a sheet which dont work! well i was promised a discount over  ayear ago yet "there arent any notes" its gone beyond repair my relationship with vodafone tbh. i have already signed up to o2 and will now end my vodafone contract once the ETF is reduced.

danny

Message 3 of 6 (3,676 Views)
Tech Team
Wayne

Hi DannyKirby

I’m afraid we wouldn’t be able to reduce the Early Termination fee any further than the 2% discount that we already offer.

If you can let me know what your full postcode is I’ll be happy to take a look at the signal in your area and see what the signal issues are?

Thanks

Wayne

I’m part of the Vodafone Tech Team and here to help. As this is a public forum, we can only answer non account specific queries. Please note, we’re unable to reply to private messages.

If you see a helpful post, please click the 'Thanks' button to let the author know. If a post solves your query, please click the ‘This is the Answer?’ button. This helps others find helpful answers in the community too.

Message 4 of 6 (3,642 Views)
DannyKirby

my postcode is hu15 2qw

it is a "good" 2g coverage area as i keep getting told yet i know no one else that gets a good signal in that area.

i have given my 30 days notice so i get my ETF in my final bill in 4 seperate emails to vodafone but i keep getting asked for different details (i supplied all the details it said to give when ending my contract) i find this a JOKE, all i want is to leave yet your poor customer service representatives just keep delaying letting me leave.

i cant wait for this nightmare to be over and i finally get away from the worst network with the worst customer service in the world!

Message 5 of 6 (3,630 Views)
Tech Team
Wayne

Hi DannyKirby

Thanks for coming back to me here. Your area does have good 2G coverage, although it would seem your specific postcode is right on the very edge of said good coverage.

I’ll send you a private message explaining how you can get in touch with us directly and we’ll be able to process the 30 days notice for you.

You can find your PM inbox here

Thanks

Wayne

Message 6 of 6 (3,608 Views)