You are here:
Ask a question:
Rank 1: Guest
keefe
Accepted Solution

how do i cancel my contract and how much will it cost?

my contract is due to expire in august and i know the phone i want to get next. only problem is it's cheaper on another network and i'd rather get it sooner cus my current phone is a pile of rubbish. if anyone knows how much it'll cost or how to do it it would be a great help :smileyhappy:

thanks

Message 1 of 28 (19,829 Views)
Rank 34: Scholar III
mari1970

Re: how do i cancel my contract and how much will it cost?

Hi, you can always give Customer Care a quick call on 191 and ask them how much your early termination fee would be.. However am sure that one of the mods on here will look into seeing if they can offer you a great deal!

Message 2 of 28 (19,817 Views)
Rank 34: Scholar III
SynthFG

(No of months remaining * monthly fee less VAT)-2%

Phone 191 and request a PAC code to take your number to your new network, when you use this your finalbill will be genarated and your contract canceled

however as you are in the last couple of months when you phone to cancel you should be shoved through to retentions who may be able to match or better the deal you are looking at with the other network

You are in a strong bargining position, use it

Note I do not work for voda, Nor now am I a customer
My advice comes from experience and my opinions are my own

Message 3 of 28 (19,800 Views)
Moderator (Retired)
Martin

Hi keefe

Welcome to the eForum :smileyvery-happy: it is always good to see new faces on here.

I would like to take a look to see what upgrade that we can offer so that you can stay with us. I have therefore just sent you an email, if you can reply back to that with the relevant information, we can then discuss the options together.

Thanks

Martin

eForum Team

Message 4 of 28 (19,742 Views)
SaMic

Re: how do I cancel my contract and how much will it cost?

Hi,

I've had my contract for 2 months now, it is a sim only 12 month contract, with 300 minutes and unlimited texts, I was wondering how much it would cost to cancel the next 10 months, as I have found better deals for £10 a month, and last month my bill was £22 which I wasn't expecting, Can someone please let me know A.S.A.P as I'm a student, and don't have much money left in my account. 

Thank You.

Message 5 of 28 (19,599 Views)
Tech Team
Wayne

Hi SaMic and welcome to the eForum

Thanks for your post here.

To work out how much this will cost all you need to do is add up how many months you have left, multiply this with how much you pay and minus VAT and 2% early termination discount.

Months Remaining x Monthly amount – VAT – 2% discount = Disconnection fee

What is the deal that you have seen? Perhaps we’ll be able to do something similar for you?

Thanks

Wayne

eForum Team

Want to give feedback about me?

You can do so here

Message 6 of 28 (19,557 Views)
SaMic

Hi Wayne,

Thank you for the quick reply, I get 300 minutes and unlimited texts, and I have found a contract for 500 inutes, unlimited texts and 500mg of free internet, I'm not sure about having a contract now though, as I' upposed to be paying £10 not £22 a month, I didn't go over my minutes, i pay £5 a month for a family pack, I'm not sure what to do. Any Suggestions?

Regards

SaMic

Message 7 of 28 (19,527 Views)
lrssss

Is the VAT Calculated for each month remaining or a one off 20%?
Message 8 of 28 (19,498 Views)
Moderator (Retired)
Dave

Hi guys,

SaMic - if you haven't already, I'd take a look at your bill to see what was responsible for the extra cost - that may help you to decide what is the better move for you. After all, there's no point moving price plan if you're still not covering what you need. You can do this via My Account by registering online.

Irssss - When you cancel, the remaining line rental is totalled up and the VAT is removed at that point, so if you had 5 months on a plan costing £20 a month with VAT, you'd be charged £100 minus the 20% VAT, so £80.

Dave

eForum Team

I’m part of the Vodafone Tech Team and here to help. As this is a public forum, we can only answer non account specific queries. Please note, we’re unable to reply to private messages.

If you see a helpful post, please click the 'Thanks' button to let the author know. If a post solves your query, please click the ‘This is the Answer?’ button. This helps others find helpful answers in the community too.

Message 9 of 28 (19,470 Views)
lrssss

so say for example i have 20 months left at £35.75, it'd be £715 - 20% so the final cancelation cost would be £595?

Message 10 of 28 (19,446 Views)
minajkid

Had enough of my bill going up on down whenever vodafone please, my bill isn't due yet(due to when vodafone go into my bank.) but i've been hit with £5 extra on my bill. I've not exceeded any of my contract minutes etc so i don't see the reason for the added bill price. This is starting to irritate me as i can't afford the bill. My contract doesn't end till Sep 14' but i'd like to know how much it would cost to cancel it? I don't have time to sit on the phone and find out? If someone could be kind enough to email me would be great as i've had enough, thanks.

Message 11 of 28 (12,591 Views)
Rank 2: First Poster
scott_campbell9

you are lucky you have a short space of time leeft, i would love to give up my vodafone contract now, i have never come across such a useslles bunch of customer services people. I have had a mobile for years and vodafone has been the worse to deal with and whom seem keen to put people off in the hope they give up in pursuing the issue. I have spoke to at least 10 different people now who have giving me different excuses grrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Message 12 of 28 (12,583 Views)
Rank 38: Professor II
grolschuk

Hi Minajkid

If you look at the bill on your MyAccount does it say what the extra £5 was for? Have you got any bolt-ons activated for extra services?

September is roughly 14 months away, so the cost to buy yourself out now would be that multiplied by your monthly plan (before discounts/offers) minus vat.

So if you are paying £30 a month the buyout cost would be 14*£25 = £350 or there abouts.

As your forum account is not linked to your mobile account, nobody will be able to email you with exact figures yet, but one of the forum staff should be able to drop you a private message when they get to this post, explaining how to get in touch and provide the details they need for them to help.

Message 13 of 28 (12,568 Views)
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)
Lee

Hi there minajkid,

Thanks for your post.

Have you managed to look at your bill to see why you've been charged?

Please click here to send us your details so we can find the exact fee to close your account.

Hey scott_campbell9,

Thanks for letting us know your thoughts. I'm sad you feel this way.

If you'd like to share the issue I'm sure we'll be able to help.

Cheers,

LeeH

Message 14 of 28 (12,536 Views)
jessscan

I currently have two contracts with vodafone - the one I use at £37 a month and another at £33 as I got one out for my then boyfriend who had really bad credit so couldn't get one.  But now we've broke up and I don't trust him to pay for it without having me nag at him to give me the money.  Could I sell the phone (iPhone 5) and buy out the contract with this money? The contract ends 03 March 2015 and is £33 inc VAT, how much would it cost to buy out?

Message 15 of 28 (6,503 Views)
Moderator (Retired)
Dave

Hi jessscan,

There's nothing to stop you doing that.

The Early Termination Fee is equal to the remaining line rental minus VAT. From what you've said, it would be approximately £26.40 x 12 months = £316.80. This would come down a little each day, though.

Click here to get us your details and we'll confirm the exact amount and go over your options.

Dave

I’m part of the Vodafone Tech Team and here to help. As this is a public forum, we can only answer non account specific queries. Please note, we’re unable to reply to private messages.

If you see a helpful post, please click the 'Thanks' button to let the author know. If a post solves your query, please click the ‘This is the Answer?’ button. This helps others find helpful answers in the community too.

Message 16 of 28 (6,453 Views)
Gemz777

I am extremely disappointed with the service offered by Vodafone and can't wait to get out of this contract. Apparently my contract doesn't finish until May 2015!!! I would like to know how much it would cost me to leave Vodafone?

Thanks
Message 17 of 28 (4,305 Views)
Rank 47: Master I
jeffkinn

The termination fee is the monthly cost until the end of the contract less the VAT and a 2% discount. You can get this figure from customer services on 191.

What part of the service has disappointed you?

Jeffkinn_Sig.png

Message 18 of 28 (4,301 Views)
Gemz777

1 of your store managers mis sold me a contract, in regards to the data, you have sold me a contract saying I would never go over the data usage (250mb I have an I phone 4s) which it does, I cannot have my internet on therefore I can't use my phone, I can only use wifi unless I want to keep getting stung for going over data which isn't my fault. on I have complained written numerous letters and spoken to numerous 'advisors' your responses are a joke, your staff don't understand and you have constantly fobbed me off, I have had enough of this joke of a company.
Message 19 of 28 (4,298 Views)
Rank 47: Master I
jeffkinn

[ Edited ]

First of all I'm a customer just like you with no connection to Vodafone.

Secondly 250MB isn't a lot of data and is unlikely to suit many people's needs. On what did the store manager base his assessment? Also the amount of data you use is your issue and not in anyone else's control.

You could easily add more data to your account by adding Vodafone Boost - 2GB for £10 a month.

Jeffkinn_Sig.png

Message 20 of 28 (4,296 Views)