You are here:
Ask a question:
Rank 1: Guest

how do i cancel my vodafone contract

my contract is due up beginning of may.

how do i cancel it?

ive found a far far better deal with another network, ive not had much of a good experience with vodafone for nearly 2 years now.

and my phone is starting to slow down - old after 2 years.

ive found the deal i want, and i want to get it asap.  and i want to know how to cancel my contract so that im not paying for 2 contracts every month.

any replies with cancelling information would be great. and appriciated!

thank you

Message 1 of 13 (70,652 Views)
Rank 34: Scholar III

Re: how do i cancel my vodafone contract

Hi tonidanielle,

I have provided a link that advises on how to cancel your account

http://help.vodafone.co.uk/system/selfservice.controller?CONFIGURATION=1000&LEVEL_ID=1131&PARTITION_...

Message 2 of 13 (70,627 Views)

hi thank you for that.

but as for some reason i cant log into my vodafone online account and i have asked so many times for this no one replies.

no one will give me my account number.... and i can never seem to get put through to the correct person over the phone.... which is the best number for the cancellations department and where someone can also tell me my account number etc.

kind regards

toni

Message 3 of 13 (70,616 Views)
Rank 38: Professor II

Hi Toni,

You should be able to call 191 and ask for your PAC code.
This will come to you in the form of a txt message, and can be used to transfer your number wherever you end up going.

Once the PAC is used, your account will be cancelled, and a final bill for any outstanding months left in your contract, and any unbilled calls upto that point.
Message 4 of 13 (70,613 Views)

so do i not actually have to cancel my contract if i give another network provider my pac code?

how do i find out my exact cancellation date? and will they make me pay the remainding 1-2 months of my contract?

thank you for all this info

Message 5 of 13 (70,612 Views)
Rank 38: Professor II

Without being able to log into your account, to get your end date and account number you will need to talk to someone on here, or on 191.

You asking for your PAC and using it, is forcing your contract to be cancelled, so no need to do anything else.

You will need to pay for the remaining months on your contract, as well as any useage that you had not yet been billed for. Calling in you should be able to be told how much it would cost if you were to end your contract today.
Message 6 of 13 (70,595 Views)
Ian_C
Topics: 18
Solutions: 63

Hi tonidanielle,

Many thanks for your post and to the guys for their advice.

I’ve sent you a private message with details of how to contact us if you do need any help with this.

You can find your PM Inbox here. If you can't access this link, please ensure that the box next to "Turn on private messages" is ticked on this page, and let us know if you need any further assistance.

Let me take this opportunity to show you how Vodafone like to say thank you; take a look at VIP.

Cheers

Ian

Message 7 of 13 (70,539 Views)

Hi, could someone tell me, if i have just had my last payment taken out that covers me until the 30th july when my contract ends, if i obtain my pac code and go to another network before the 30th, i wont need to pay anymore surely other than any chargable calls etc??

Thanks
Message 8 of 13 (58,792 Views)
Simon
Topics: 709
Blog Posts: 0
Ideas: 0
Solutions: 716

Hi L33avn

Thanks for your post. It's a shame to see that you're choosing to move on after your current contract ends, we'd love you to stay. Why not contact our fab @VodafoneUKdeals team to see what we could offer for you to stay?

If you do decide to move on, your contract will cancel when you use your PAC Number to move to another network. If this comes after 30th July then you will pay for line rental charges up to the date your contract ends. So for instance, if your number moves from Vodafone on 7th August you'll pay line rental on a pro-rata basis for the 7 days that you've still been on the Vodafone network.

If you have any further questions please let me know.

Thanks

Simon

Message 9 of 13 (58,619 Views)

hi would you be able to email me about stacking a contract on top of the one i have please. looking at going from a blackberry contract to an iphone 4s contract.

thanks

Message 10 of 13 (54,331 Views)
DaveCD
Topics: 74
Solutions: 87

Hi becciix

Thank you for your post and a very warm welcome to the eForum.:smileyhappy:

Am I right in thinking you wish to add a line to your existing account to have two lines running simultaneously but only using one?

So we can speak with our sales team here please follow the Private Message I have sent to you, once we have your response either myself or one of the team will be in touch as soon as we can.

Many Thanks

DaveCD
eForum Team

Message 11 of 13 (54,142 Views)

Can someone send me a message saying how many payments are left on my contract? I know my contract end date is 18-12-2013 but I want to know how payments are left and I want to ensure it is cancelled. If possible, also, can it be cancelled early and pay off the remaining balance?

Elizabeth.

Message 12 of 13 (18,630 Views)
Jenny
Topics: 554
Solutions: 618

Hi benguist,

No problem!

Take a look here for how to get in touch and we can check this for you.

Is there any reason you’re looking to cancel your contract though?

Thanks,

Jenny 

Message 13 of 13 (18,448 Views)