Accepted Solution

how do i get my puk code

Posted from Facebook

Message 1 of 15 (23,670 Views)
Rank 47: Master I
AnnS

Re: how do i get my puk code

Hello AlvinMartin

The following link from support will explain how to get your PUK code.

I have entered the wrong PIN on my phone, how do I get my PUK code?

There would also be some previous threads on the forum which would usually give an answer to many questions and enquiries.

Ann
Message 2 of 15 (23,649 Views)
Tech Team
Sukhi

Hi AlvinMartin

Welcome to the eForum! :smileyhappy:

I can see our community expert AnnS has taken care of things here (You're a star :smileyhappy:)

If you have any further questions just give us a shout.

Thanks

Sukhi

I’m part of the Vodafone Tech Team and here to help. As this is a public forum, we can only answer non account specific queries. Please note, we’re unable to reply to private messages.

If you see a helpful post, please click the 'Thanks' button to let the author know. If a post solves your query, please click the ‘This is the Answer?’ button. This helps others find helpful answers in the community too.

Message 3 of 15 (23,619 Views)
Rank 1: Guest
rossyrox

Shame the link doesn't work and there is no obvious way to get a PUK code online, seriously sort your stuff out this is simple stuff and I've spent 30mins trying to get an answer from this substandard service.

Message 4 of 15 (19,718 Views)
Rank 50: Grand Master
drey_p

Hi rosssyrox

You can get you PUK code online.  Firstly, log into My Account, then click on My Settings and you'll find your PUK code there:

PUK Code.jpg

Has my post helped you? If so please click the Thumbs Up button!
:smileywink:
Message 5 of 15 (19,708 Views)
SharonRidleyDean

Re: PUK Code - How do i get a PUK code as I have locked my phone?

I have been locked out of my phone...Grrrrrrrrrr!!!:smileyfrustrated: I can't register for a vodaphone account so I can get puk codes as my phone is locked until I get the said puk. What can I do now? I need my phone now!!!! Please help me!

Message 6 of 15 (2,907 Views)
SharonRidleyDean

the above reply is all well & good if you can manage to register so you can get an account in the first place!!!! I cannnot do this, I have been trying for almost 30 mins now & am getting VERY fed up trying!!! All I want is a stupid PUK code!!! Why is it sO hard to give out this imformation??? Why do we need to have an account to follow instructions to get the said PUK code??? I need my phone now, not in hours time!! Please can somebody give me instructions (simple) to unlock my phone???

Message 7 of 15 (2,863 Views)
SharonRidleyDean

Re: puk code

I want a PUK code but can't register for an account coz when I put in my phone number it says that it will send me a security code to my phone, how am I supposed to get that from my phone if my sim is locked!!?????!!!! HELP!!!!

Message 8 of 15 (2,781 Views)
drey_p

Have you used the Voice system?  Have a pen and paper handy then call 191 and in the first menu, press 2, then in the second menu 1 and in the third menu 1 again.  Enter your number.  The voice prompts will give you your PUK

Message 9 of 15 (2,858 Views)
SharonRidleyDean

no I haven't tried that yet, thanks for replying to me, nobody else has yet! I will give that a go, thanks again!

Message 10 of 15 (2,856 Views)
SharonRidleyDean

Just tried but it's totally locked the screen so I can't make any calls apart from emergency so I can't ring 191. What do I do now???

Message 11 of 15 (2,854 Views)
SharonRidleyDean

[ Edited ]

This link is now broken so is of no use! I am locked out of my pay as you go phone & need a puk code but have no vodaphone account & can't register for one as it tells me to put in my phone number which I did but then says that it will send me a security code, how am I supposed to recieve this when I'm totally locked out of my phone & can't ring customer support team I  can only use emergency calls??? Please help as I urgently need my phone tonight!

Message 12 of 15 (2,847 Views)
drey_p

Your only other option is to try calling 08700 700 191 from any UK phone - that may work.  If not try LiveChat via the contact us link at the bottom of every page.

If you can't get it that way, you will have to your local Vodafone Store tomorrow and get them to assist you.

Message 13 of 15 (2,841 Views)
SharonRidleyDean

Hello again.

Just after my last post last night, I thought of exactly what you have suggested in your post. I rang the number given in the contact information with my Husbands phone & was successful!:catvery-happy: If I hadn't of thought of it then your message would've solved my problem for me, so I thank you for all of your help. We got there in the end! Phew!!! I would also like to say, where were the tech team when they were needed though!? I think to have good customer care & service on-line, there should be at least one Vodaphone tech person on the forums at all times. It's not much to ask for in my opinion. It surely wouldn't take that much to put this in place? I know they have live help but just incase people don't know about that & have only got access to the forum I think it would be a good idea.

I have now also been able to register & have my very own Vodaphone account :womanvery-happy: so if I have any trouble in the future I will be able to sort it through the help here on-line instead of having to make a voice call. I guess that will have cost my Husband quite a bit of money as I was kept on the line for roughly 3 mins until they gave me the PUK code needed. I don't understand why they have to keep anyone on the line for that amount of time to give out an 8 digit code! I don't think this was fair, as it wasn't my fault that I couldn't create a Vodaphone account as to do so I had to be sent a security code to my phone which I couldn't access due to being locked out of it! This is rather silly don't you think? Maybe it's something for Vodaphone to think about changing, as it seems pretty pointless!

Thanks again for all of your help, it was very much appreciated when I felt totally alone with my problem & was panicking a bit. A OK now though :smileyvery-happy:

Message 14 of 15 (2,799 Views)
drey_p

I am glad to hear that it worked for you and that your phone is now unblocked!

There is no one here from the eForum Team 24 hours a day as they tend to be around during more normal hours.  One of the benefits of the eForum is that you are able to get support from other members which means that you don't have to wait for a Vodafone eForum Team member to be available to assist you.  Sometimes the community can beat the eForum Team to replying to! :smileywink:  Do remember that for account specific queries - there is always LiveChat which is available 24 / 7 which a lot of people do use!

You know where to come if you need an further help!

Message 15 of 15 (2,783 Views)