You are here:
Ask a question:
Rank 1: Guest

iPhone 5 Equipment Charge

I was very disappointed to see £230 of equipment charges on my bill this month. Some of this cost has been added on to this month's bill and £182.91 is under 'overdue balance' which I presume Vodafone will add to next month's bill. It is utterly ridiculous that I have been charged this and I am extremely angry with the awful service that I have recieved from Vodafone. When upgrading my iPhone to an iPhone 5 I paid one-off cost of £230 straight away and this payment went out of my bank months ago. I do not have the money to be charged for this again and I cannot believe that I have been after being reassured on the phone that once I pay the one-off cost all I have to pay for after that is the monthly line rental. I cannot believe that this is coming out of my bank account - how do I find out how to stop it????

Message 1 of 14 (2,876 Views)
Rank 23: Tutor II

Re: iPhone 5 Equipment Charge

Hi inyolian

I am vary sorry to hear of your proplems but rest assured that you have come to the right place. A VF Rep (identifiable by the official red VF logo next to their name) will soon pick this up and will look into this for you. They are vary popular so it may take a while for them to get to you, but they have a reputation of getting things sorted out.  Sit tight and hopefully this will all be rectified/sorted out soon.

Myrm
----------
DERMY BUD
Message 2 of 14 (2,863 Views)
Rank 31: Mentor V

Don't forget ( although I hope you won't need this ) that money wrongly taken from your account by direct debit can be reclaimed via the Direct Debit Guarantee, simply by contacting your bank and asking them to do it.  This is of course only necessary if the money is actually taken !  

Message 3 of 14 (2,842 Views)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi inyolian,

If you paid the handset cost and it’s still showing on your bill, we’ll need to see what’s happened.

You can see how to get in touch with us here.

Thanks,

Andrew

I’m part of the Vodafone Tech Team and here to help. As this is a public forum, we can only answer non account specific queries. Please note, we’re unable to reply to private messages.

If you see a helpful post, please click the 'Thanks' button to let the author know. If a post solves your query, please click the ‘This is the Answer?’ button. This helps others find helpful answers in the community too.

Message 4 of 14 (2,766 Views)

I was sent a private message with details of how the Vodafone team could investigate further - I sent off the contact form with all the information they needed and weeks later still no reply and I have been charged a ridiculous amount!

Disgusting customer service.

Message 5 of 14 (2,135 Views)

Which of course you have reclaimed via the Direct Debit Guarantee. Haven't you ?
Message 6 of 14 (2,129 Views)

I should not have to be chasing Vodafone around to reclaim money that they have wrongly taken from me. They haven't even returned my emails. The point is that Vodafone are giving terrible customer service, not that in the end, yes, I am sure if I fill out enough forms and complaints I will be able to get my money back.

Message 7 of 14 (2,125 Views)

The direct debit guarantee scheme is run by the banks themselves, it has nothing to do with Vodafone.
Message 8 of 14 (2,118 Views)

That is exactly my point. I should not have to fill out forms to claim my money back when Vodafone are the ones who have wrongly charged me and have not apologised, accepted any responsibility or done anything about it.
Also, it says that I am due to be charged more "equipment charges" next month so even if I do go through the bank to claim back last months money as you say this is "nothing to do with Vodafone" then I will be charged again next month and will have to go through the whole process again.
You are very unhelpful.
Message 9 of 14 (2,114 Views)

I am just trying to suggest quicker ways to get your money back than waiting for Vodafone to return it, which generally they are quite reluctant to do. However since you seem to have further unjustified charges to come I will withdraw and let the Tech Team deal with this.
Message 10 of 14 (2,104 Views)
Rank 50: Grand Master

Hi inyolian

Typically the eForum Team won't respond if the mail you sent went into the wrong queue.  One of the reasons that this can happen is that the special code wasn't put into the subject line exactly as it appeared in the Private Message you received.

The team may be able to trace the message you sent by using the email address you registered on the forum with.  In order to assist them, please could you copy and paste the reference number you received in the auto reply to your email back here on the forum, it should look something like this: [#12345678]

Has my post helped you? If so please click the Thumbs Up button!
:smileywink:

Message 11 of 14 (2,083 Views)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi inyolian,

Thanks for your time on the phone this afternoon.

Cheers,

Andrew

I’m part of the Vodafone Tech Team and here to help. As this is a public forum, we can only answer non account specific queries. Please note, we’re unable to reply to private messages.

If you see a helpful post, please click the 'Thanks' button to let the author know. If a post solves your query, please click the ‘This is the Answer?’ button. This helps others find helpful answers in the community too.

Message 12 of 14 (2,048 Views)

I've had £15.83 equipment charge added to my bill this month and I paid the handset price for my iphone 5s on my last bill?! This isn't very good, extra costs for no reason around Xmas time!
Message 13 of 14 (953 Views)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi emwee1234,

We’ll need to look into this for you.

See how to get in touch with us here.

Thanks,

Andrew

Message 14 of 14 (946 Views)