Support:

Pay monthly services

Ask a question:
Rank 1: Guest
sh00064

receiving calls from abroad

How much will it cost me to receive calls and texts and to make them to Kenya?

Thanks

Sophie
Message 1 of 7 (9,959 Views)
Rank 6: Frequent Poster
JamesBond

Hi there!

To receive calls and texts from Kenya is free!

To make then is:

Calls: http://online.vodafone.co.uk/dispatch/Port...pageID=PPP_0022

Texts:I think that is costs 24p per text.

James Bond
Message 2 of 7 (9,959 Views)
Moderator (Retired)
Claire_V

Hi S Huttton and welcome to the forum

James Bond is correct in saying ( thanks!) that to receive calls and texts from Kenya, whilst you are in the UK, with your UK Vodafone sim card.

The link James has provided shows you how ( as a Pay monthly customer) you can ring abroad cheaper with International Call Saver, but there are also other ways of ringing abroad by either adding Vodafone International or by adding Call abroad bundles.

Call abroad bundles are as follows and they can be added onto your account so this is always on the account from one month to another. The other option is for you to add a bundle for 30 days only.

£10 - 75 minutes
£15 - 125 minutes
£20 - 200 minutes

If you are a Pay As You Talk customer, then follow this link here for Rates for ringing abroad on PAYT.

Claire

eforum Team
Want to give me some feedback? Yes
Message 3 of 7 (9,959 Views)
sh00064

thanks for that.

is it the same if he has a kenyan sim rather than a Uk sim.

Thanks

Sophie
Message 4 of 7 (9,959 Views)
Moderator (Retired)
Katrina_V

Hi Sophie,

It would be different if he was using a UK sim, he would be charged to make calls back to the UK which would be £1.65p per minute and to receive calls it would be £1.30p per minute.

To send texts it would be 35p+ your home rate but free to receive texts.

So to call back to the UK from Kenya is expensive, you may have heard of a service called Vodafone Passport which would be worth checking out if you travel abroad in the future however Kenya does not support it.

I hope this information is of help to you

Kind regards
Kat
eForum team
Message 5 of 7 (9,959 Views)
sh00064

thanks, but i was wondering how much it would cost me back in the UK.

Hi Sophie,

It would be different if he was using a UK sim, he would be charged to make calls back to the UK which would be £1.65p per minute and to receive calls it would be £1.30p per minute.

To send texts it would be 35p+ your home rate but free to receive texts.

So to call back to the UK from Kenya is expensive, you may have heard of a service called Vodafone Passport which would be worth checking out if you travel abroad in the future however Kenya does not support it.

I hope this information is of help to you

Kind regards
Kat
eForum team
Message 6 of 7 (9,959 Views)
Moderator (Retired)
Claire_V

Hi S Hutton

We have given you both of the scenarios regarding international calling in both my previous post and the post by Katrina.

Can I ask what you would be using back in the UK? a UK sim or a Kenyan sim in the UK?

If it a Kenyan sim, then you would need to check out your roaming charges from the Kenyan network, for using the Kenyan sim in the UK.

If you are using a UK sim, then I covered the answer to this question in my original post.

The link James has provided shows you how ( as a Pay monthly customer) you can ring abroad cheaper with International Call Saver, but there are also other ways of ringing abroad by either adding Vodafone International or by adding Call abroad bundles.

Call abroad bundles are as follows and they can be added onto your account so this is always on the account from one month to another. The other option is for you to add a bundle for 30 days only.

£10 - 75 minutes
£15 - 125 minutes
£20 - 200 minutes

If you are a Pay As You Talk customer, then follow this link here for Rates for ringing abroad on PAYT.

Claire

eforum Team
Message 7 of 7 (9,959 Views)