Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

vodafone protect app locked device

laurenluxx
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I have the vodafone protect app on my phone (Samsung note 2), I took my simcard out and ever since the vodafone protect app has locked it. It asks for a pin number, and when I try to reset my pin on the vodafone website it says "There is no valid account associated with your number."

I can't remember my password or pin, and i keep getting that my number isn't valid with the app.

Any help would be much appreciated!

114 REPLIES 114

Retired-James
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi laurenluxx,

Can you confirm what happens if you try to reset your password online here?

When you login do you have the option to change your PIN remotely?

James

Hi

I'm having the same problem. My Xperia Z is locked with the message 'this device is locked. Please contact the owner at  to return the device. Thank you'. It says that the device is locked for security reasons. Unable to connect to the server.

As with the numerous other posts I do not have Vodafone protect, so when I try and reset the password it says that there is no account registered with the phone number.

After trying to get in touch all day I was told by your phone representative to get in touch with Mcafee, which, surprisngly, didn't get me the solution that I needed.

Please tell me you can help as I'm really frustrated!

Thanks

Karen

Hi falconskaren,

Click here to get us your details and we'll take a look at this for you.

Dave

Im in vodafone since this morning.

I cant log in to vodafone website because there is some fault for ages.

I cant make any international calls.

Now my phone is locked with that ###### app.

Im sick with this network.

Im gonna kill someone in vodafone store if i wont get any help.

I cant make any phone call to vodafone because you cant contact from diffrent network,

I need a phone to do business.

I lost 1000e because i didnt have a phone today!!

Is there any way to cancell this contract and go back to meteor? Never had any problems there for 5 years.

Retired-Dave
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi marrio,

Can I just checkl that you are a Vodafone UK customer?

I'm asking as you mention Euros and Meteor, which is not a UK network. Your IP also appears to be Irish.

If you're a Vodafone IE customer, you'd need to contact them directly for assistance as they are a separate company. We don't have access to their customer's accounts.

If you're a Vodafone UK customer, please click here to get us your details so we can look to help.

Dave

I have the same problem as everybody else my phone is locked by Vodafone protect and I cannot remember my pin. When I try to receive it, I get the message that it does not recognise the number. I have to say I wish I had never put this app on. Too many passwords to remember. 

ChazzD
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@Astirland

Did you register the app with a non Vodafone UK number? If so, you'll need to go through the process of backing up and factory resetting your device. 

If you registered it with a Vodafone UK number, try entering '000000' and if this doesn't work, please speak to Live Chat so we can look into this for you.