Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

12 Month Contract

hervinder
4: Newbie

Has Vodafone stopped 12 month contracts?

i wanted to get the new s8 on a 12 month deal but can’t see 12 month contracts anymore on the site.

11 REPLIES 11

AnnS
17: Community Champion

Hi @hervinder

It seems to be SIM only for 12 month contracts.  This is probably due to the expense of the new phone and the large monthly outlay.

However, it won't do any harm asking Vodafone,  they will be in a better position to advise further on your options and the monthly charge.

The following article on the new price plans may be helpful.

Vodafone Social

BandOfBrothers

Hi @hervinder

No a full contract is 24 months that include a phone. 

Sometimes independants like Carphone Warehouse can offer deals on Tariffs and upfront costs but it would still be a 24 month term. But then certain discounts such as Employers VEA isn't available and currently Calling Over Wifi is only available to people who have the phone supplied directly by Vodafone. 

Another option disposable income allowing would be buying the s8 sim free and go on a 12 Month sim only contract. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

I was also wondering this and both ur replies from so called community experts are wrong. When the s8 came out you could indeed take out a 12 month contract. As I had one myself. I believe this still to be the case but only available over the phone. To say that these are no longer available is simply untrue. Also a full contract can be 12 months if that's what you sign up for in the first place. Obviously with a 12 month deal the handset price is greatly increased so it's nothing to do with the handset been more expensive. It looks to me like people coment on posts with very little knowledge of what they are actually talking about. 

mikeerhymes
4: Newbie

It looks like 12 month contracts have been ditched for 'flexi upgrades'. Im sure you could still get a 12 month contract if you speak to CS , but for the next range of phones could be doubtful. 

Flexi -upgrades

You can upgrade your plan from 6 months into your contract, to a plan of equal or greater value. There'll be a fee based on the value of the phone and the number of days remaining on your original contract

Correct, 12 month contracts are no longer an offering. They were priced at about £100+ upfront for a device such as a Samsung or iPhone and about £70+ a month for decent data. 

Vodafone now does flexi upgrades as others have mentioned. Once 6months into a contract you just pay off the equipment subsidy cost (cost of the device itself) that is remaining from payments already made in your contract, and then start a new 24 month contract with a new phone again. This concept is much better

If Vodafone have stopped doing 12 month contracts then they will lose me as a customer after over 20 years, I have no problem paying a big price up front for a new phone and only 12 months contract, I won’t ever sign up to to a 24 month contract for a phone...

jeffkinn

Buy the phone outright and have a 12 month sim only contract. It's by far the most cost effective way of doing it if you can.

Jeffkinn_Sig.png

I have to agree with Jeff, buying the phone sim free and going sim only is much more cost effective. As long as you can stand the large up front cost, it provides much better value than any length of contract that includes a phone.

Seperating the two, you are then free to change your phone when you want and you are not tied into some long term deal.  If the service is not up to your satisfaction then you can leave easily and quickly, how a free market is meant to work.

Damn right mate. What type of buffoon would sign up to a 24 month contract??

Stuck with last years model a year longer, no thanks.

Looks like it's buy outright and tell Vodafone where to stick their iPhone X

A quick poll of those in my office (at the time 10) showed 4 on the 12 month contract (NOT SIM only) Now all are leaving between now and Xmas.

Valued customers, my a*#e