Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

191 going to Evolve rather than Vodafone Customer Services

heavysoul61
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

I called 191 from my mobile 3 days ago to get something changed on my account. I followed the usual options or press this, press that... but instead of getting through to Vodafone, my call was routed to Evolve - who I understand are a partner of Vodafone. This started a cycle of frustrating calls which gave me no answers as to what was happening - and I ended up getting my account change done via Vodafone online chat.

However... today I tried to get to the bottom of why I kep getting through to Evolve. I tried 191 again... and 08080600802 and 0333 304 0191 ... getting Evolve everytime. I have had a further 6 telephone conversations today. To cut a long story short (ish) - I will summarise where I've got to... 

1. When actually speaking with Evolve - they had no record of my details and said they didn't look after my account (I think they are more business account related).

2. When I did eventually speak with Vodafone (having been put through by Evolve) - the first person told me she couldn't trace my account. She then spoke with someone else who discovered I was on a system called 'Crystal' - again, I was told this was more business related but does include some consumer accounts. 

3. I kept getting asked where I got my SIM (they all thought I had got it from a 3rd party provider). I confirmed that I got a SIM only deal a couple of years back directly from the Vodafone website. 

4. I have had no problem calling 191 previously - incuding when I changed tariff last year. 

5. I have tried to discuss this with the twitter team - complete waste of time. They just told me to call the 0808 number - which means I end up with Evolve again!

I just want to be able to dial 191 from my mobile and get through to someone at Vodafone Customer Services and for them to be able to access my account!!

Has anyone else come across this before i.e. getting routed incorrectly to Evolve?

Any advice or help would be appreciated.... thanks :Smiling:

8 REPLIES 8

Tsathoggua
14: Advanced member
14: Advanced member

Not sure this will help exactly, but it is relevant.  There have in the past been reports here of the 191 service being controlled by intelligent (hahahahaha) software which looks at the number which is calling and then routes the call accordingly. It may be that your number is somewhere recorded as belonging to an account handled by Evolve.

The last time this was reported it came with an accusation that the facility was being misused to ensure that "awkward" customers were always routed to the Indian call centre, but let's not go there ! 

@Tsathoggua wrote:

Not sure this will help exactly, but it is relevant.  There have in the past been reports here of the 191 service being controlled by intelligent (hahahahaha) software which looks at the number which is calling and then routes the call accordingly. It may be that your number is somewhere recorded as belonging to an account handled by Evolve.

The last time this was reported it came with an accusation that the facility was being misused to ensure that "awkward" customers were always routed to the Indian call centre, but let's not go there ! 

I'm sure you're right about the routing. 

Each time I have spoken to Evolve, they have all been UK based. And hopefully I'm not thought of as an 'awkward' customer - the past time I spoke with them (when I did get through on 191) was to extend my contract with them! :Smiling:

I've now spoken to another lady (in the overseas call centre - I had to use my landline to get through to Vodafone directly) - who actually listened to what I was saying (first person to do that out of 6 today)! Although she couldn't access my account (due to being on this 'Crystal' system) she said she would escalate it through her manager to get it looked at... and she'll call me on Monday. Now... I know it's very easy to say... "oh yeah... like you're gonna get that call"... but the lady came across really well and I do feel reasonably confident that I'll get that call. I also praised her telling her she was the first person to take my problem on board (I believe in giving good feedback - not just complaining)! :Smiling: 

So we'll see what happens Monday... fingers crossed I'll get that call from Salma :Smiling:

I'm not sure about Evolve but I do know that the Crystal system is the old computer system Vodafone use to use before they transferred to their current one. There is a limited number of people that have access to it which can be why you may end up getting told you don't have an account or passed from one person to another. Prior to taking out a contract with them, I purchased a mobile phone on paygo and I was put on the Crystal system and no one could locate my account. Customer Relations agreed to merge both accounts. 

@uk3g wrote:

I'm not sure about Evolve but I do know that the Crystal system is the old computer system Vodafone use to use before they transferred to their current one. There is a limited number of people that have access to it which can be why you may end up getting told you don't have an account or passed from one person to another. Prior to taking out a contract with them, I purchased a mobile phone on paygo and I was put on the Crystal system and no one could locate my account. Customer Relations agreed to merge both accounts. 

That's interesting... thanks.

Seems crazy that they haven't transferred everyone... and it's not like I've had this number/account for years! I've probably been back with Vodafone for a 2/3 years having had a period with EE... which ended in bitter divorce :Winking_smiley:

It's really not good for those left on the Crystal system if you can't just call 191 to discuss your account!!

Tash
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Thanks for getting in touch with us @heavysoul61 and I'm sorry to hear of the experience that you've had.

Should you need any further assistance after your call on Monday, please let us know and we'll be happy to take a closer look into this for you.

@Tash wrote:

Thanks for getting in touch with us @heavysoul61 and I'm sorry to hear of the experience that you've had.

Should you need any further assistance after your call on Monday, please let us know and we'll be happy to take a closer look into this for you.

@Tash ... I did get a call yesterday lunchtime from Salma - but that was just to say that she hadn't really got anywhere and that she would call me back later that day. I didn't get that call - and I am still waiting!

I have just called 191 again - and I am still being routed to Evolve.

So, please please can you/someone help. Just to reiterate...

When I originally took this contract out (directly with Vodafone - not via a 3rd party) - I had no problems calling Vodafone Customer Services on 191.

I discovered last week that I was unable to get through to Vodafone no matter what option I took when calling 191 - I always end up at Evolve.

I have been told that I am on the Crystal system - which apparently most Vodafone Customer Service agents are unable to access.

I just want to be switched/taken off this routing to Evolve. When I call 191, I want to be able to speak woth Vodafone directly!

Please can someone contact me to sort out! 

@Tash wrote:

Another 24 hours on and still no contact! I am away in Greece from next Monday for a week and am concerned that if I need to contact Vodafone Customer Services, it is going to be far from easy! 

Please can this now be looked at as a matter of urgency!

Becca_P
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@heavysoul61

It's a shame to hear you're still to receive your call back.

I've sent you a private message with details on how to get in touch.