Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

ABYSMAL CUSTOMER SERVICE

xkc021
1: Seeker

I wanted to change my wife's phone SIM to a nano card so she could use a newer phone.  She went to vodafone shop and got the SIM.  On friday afternoon I rang up vodafone and asked them to transfer the tel number from one card to another.  It was very difficult to hear the agent as the line was very weak - perhaps a very distant location?  Eventually the agent told me it was done and I would have to wait a short while and then the SIM would be live.  I did wait a short time but only to find that my own SIM card had been disabled and my number transferred to the other SIM!  I called back and asked them to reverse it, once again the line was very poor - slightly strange for a telecoms company??  This time the agent told me it would be a short time but maximum 12 hours.  Although cheesed off I thought I could wait overnight, but the SIM was not reactivated.  I called again the next day but the line was so bad I couldn't understand what the agent was saying - it felt like he was far away.   So I waited and waited for another 48 hours as my wife still needed her phone. On monday morning I rang up and spoke to a very helpful lady who told me that the shop should have acitvated the SIM card and that once used an SIM can not be reactivated (different to what I was told), so I asked her to send two more (one extra just in case).  She siad that they should be with me by the end of the week.  So for a simple task the uneptitude of Vodafone means I have to use a temporary phone, make several fruitless calls and wait potentially a week.  Of the smart move by vodafone is that this is the only forum where you can offer the helpful advice that their service is appalling.  You can't call them and tell them.  Good news the contracts end in a few months - Yippee!

1 REPLY 1

Alex
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@xkc021 I'm sorry to hear this, we'd like to make sure everything is sorted for you. :smileyhappy:

I've sent you a private message with details on how to get in touch.