Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Account has been messed up following botched upgrade

slartster
4: Newbie

Hi,
I'm posting here as an attempt at a resolution over the phone has been mainly fruitless, despite the best efforts of some of the Vodafone staff.

Last week, on the 4th April I called to give 30 days notice on one of my 6 lines as my Son is taking over his own contract. During the call I was offered an early upgrade on my main number which is the Red Leader account for 2 of my other numbers. We agreed an upgrade and I waited patiently for the text at midnight to tell me that the new contract was active. Much to my youngest Son's and my own surprise he got a text at midnight telling him that his number had been upgraded to a red leader account and that his new phone would be with him the next day. My son's account had only entered a new contract 4 months previously.

I called Vodafone immediately to find out what had happened and as we went through my account it transpired that they had applied the upgrade to the wrong number, upgraded another of the numbers which was on a separate red package and again had only recently been renewewed and managed to lock the account which should have had the upgrade applied. The 2 red sharer and 1 red leader were now 1 red sharer and 2 red leaders. It's all a complete mess.

I then spent 3 hours on the phone with your upgrade team trying to get the issue rectified however, when they tried to correct the issue it only seemed to make matters worse and we came up with a work around which involved, rejecting the upgrade on the line that should not have been upgraded, rolling it back and moving the original red leader account to a red sharer contract which would essentially flip the two contracts but would result in the same cost and outcome. This was supposed to solve the issue of the locked account.

Cut to a week later and I still have two red leader accounts and I'm effectively being double billed and yesterday spent another hour on the phone with a member of staff and one of your super users attempting to sort out the account and return it to the correct status.

Can somebody please assist me, somehow, without me having to go to OFCOM to put in a complaint. I keep being told that it will be resolved within a couple of hours and after 24 hours I'm back on the phone and it is as if the previous call didn't happen.

Any help greatfully appreciated.

16 REPLIES 16

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Hi @slartster

Things can sometimes go wrong which I'm sure many accept, but then it's ultimately down to how it's put right that then counts ,and instills confidence back into the product and service.

Communication is Key.

Please let the Vodafone Team here catch up with your thread and I'm sure they'll try to help. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Amanda
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @slartster

Thanks for getting in touch, though I'm sorry to hear this. 

We'd love to help get this sorted. Please follow the instructions that I've sent to you in a private message to get in touch with us.

Thanks,

Managed to talk directly to your team who managed to correctly apply an upgrade to the correct number, however, in doing so realised they couldn't apply the same contract agreed to, as since I had agreed it, they had discontinued Red Share accounts. 

After arranging the upgrade for my main number to a non Red package, my daughter (on a red sharer contract) suddenly noticed she had no data on her account as they hadn't migrated her number or notified anyone about the need to migrate her number. This has resulted in a further hour on the phone and her essentiallyu being forced into taking out a new contract as the cost of migration would have doubled her monthly bill with the option of early termination costing over £150.

My Sons number which will roll back next week once the actual upgrade hits will roll back to a red sharer which again will have no data and will require an upgrade/migration to a new plan.  

This is utterly ridiculous from Vodafone and is forcing me and my kids to take out new contracts or face early termination fees in the hundreds as a result of upgrading one contract. The lack of communication and confusion over the removal of the red sharer bundles is an absolute joke and I'm being informed that it is the reason for the majority of the issues that occurred. As it presently stands, my main number has no data until the switch on Tuesday, my daughter had to pay £20+ to migrate her Red Sharer which was under contract until October and my Son's Sharer account may well require a fee to migrate. All this down to an error by Vodafone.

It's an absolute farce and the reason I'm posting here is in the hope that someone from Vodafone will read it and feed this back to someone who actually cares. 

Addendum. My daughters upgrade, agreed yesterday afternoon failed to activate at midnight as agreed. At the absolute end of my tether now.

Becca_P
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@slartster

We're sorry to hear about your experience.

We'll be sure to feed this back and if you do have any further queries, please use the email link sent to you by @Amanda via private message.

Thanks, but I've now raised it as an official complaint and 18 hours on from doing so,

thankfully, my Wife's number has rolled back this morning.  Fingers crossed that the other 3 numbers are addressed next.

Becca_P
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@slartster

Thanks for letting us know.

If you do need us to chase anything up, please let us know.

@slartster

Did you get my pm?

I did, thanks :Smiling:

As of now 2 of issues have been resolved with 1 more expected to be resolved later today. The forth and final issue will have to be resolved later in the week as it has to wait for the handset to get back to the warehouse before a new contract can be applied to the number. This of course will likely lead to a further issue arrising over the bill at the end of the month which will hopefully by easier to resolve due to a complaint being in place.