cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Account paid up early in full now Vodafone given me bad credit rating!

baxterbox
3: Seeker

Please can someone contact me?! I finished my contract 11 months early,paid £198 over the phone,given a payment reference number,assured this was my final payment and my account now closed. I didn't receive confermation  in writing as I requested!

i was then contacted out of the blue by a debt collection company saying I owe Vodafone a payment of £78! I then contacted Vodafone who then insisted I owed a further £78 due to early termination and discounted monthly contract.

Many phone calls later the issue was still not resolved,Vodafone have not answered a recorded delivery letter trying to sort this out.

The debt collection agency told me they would contact Vodafone on my behalf but I have heard nothing from them either.

This has resulted in giving me a bad credit rating which I want resolved.

Can someone from Vodafone help please?

20 REPLIES 20

Sukhi
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@baxterbox

I've sent you a private message with details on how to get in touch.

For anyone else with the same issue, try the steps listed here and if you’re still affected, contact customer service.

Tsathoggua
14: Advanced member
Do I not recall reading somewhere here that there was a known problem whereby the acknowledgement/reference number part does not work with certain sorts of email accounts? Or has that been fixed now ?

Hi

you have hit the nail on the head there as I sent the form for a fourth time just now using a BT email instead of a Tiscali email as a contact and I have now reviewed a reply!!

So the answer to your question is that it has not been fixed and that was the problem I was having.

I still live in hope that my problem with Vodafone will be sorted.

Getafix
16: Advanced member
This has definitely not been fixed.
My registered email on Forum and Vodafone account doesn't work. I use a secondary email and it works.

I have reported this several times and also mentioned it to Will on the last call I had with him earlier this month.

Colleen
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@baxterbox @Getafix 

Thanks for letting us know that trying an alternative email address has worked for you.

We'll ensure your comments are fed back regarding this.

Tsathoggua
Thank you all. I'm obviously not quite as senile as I thought ! Perhaps the next time we see this issue we should all remember to advise the OP to try using a different email address if he/she has one.

@Carly and @Colleen. - I'd expect the Tech Team to be telling us about long-standing known faults, not the other way about. 🙂😉

baxterbox

I had a lovely lady phone me up today from Vodafone and all is sorted and good.

Thanks for all your help.

donnyguy

Glad they've sorted things out for you! 

Colleen
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@baxterbox That's great to hear, thanks for taking the time to let us know :Smiling:

If you need help with anything in the future, please get in touch.

Getafix

That is good news regarding ops issue has been resolved.

However the issue regarding Emails not reaching your inbox is still and issue.