Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Additional charges

captcreosote
3: Seeker
3: Seeker
Hello nice internet people, I've just noticed that there are some additional charges on this month's bill, it just says "Monetary" and a charge of £2.99, seems to have been one every week for the last month, I certainly ain't bought anything that works have gone on my bill.
Anyone any idea what it's for?
11 REPLIES 11

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Hello back @captcreosote :Smiling:

Extra charges can be attached to....

a subscription of some kind. 

Mms text messages. 

Charge for accessing the mobile data network if the normal allowances is exhausted. 

Is it the same amount each week ?

If it has a number attached to it then try using http://psauthority.org.uk/ to acquire the companies details and ask them to stop the service and a refund.

Vodafone Customer service maybe able to throw more light on this for you. 191 or Live Chat. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Just looking through Vodafone's Help and Support pages and thought it beneficial to show you this link to Pay Monthly T&C which provides lots of information plus Standard Bundle Charges near the bottom. 

Apologies if you've already seen this. 

Link > Vodafone T&C

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

AnnS

Hi @captcreosote

If you have not subscribed to any premium rate services which would be charged on a monthly basis, it's more than likely an out of bundle charge.

The best way forward is to have a live chat for account access, they should be able to give more information on the weekly charge.

Getafix
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

If you look at your last bill it will be itemised and tell you what the Monetary charge is for.

Best way to check is dowload a PDF version of your bill and search for 2.99 in the Bill. It will get 4 hits and one of them will tell you the details.

Johnmcl7
9: Established

DId you ever get to the bottom of this?  I also have a charge simply listed as 'Monetary' under Other within Itemised usage although it's only for 56p, it's not for MMS as that's listed separately, I have premium texts disabled on my account, it's sim only so there's nothing I can be paying for hardware and it's unlimited calls, texts and plenty of data.  I've not had much luck getting through to Vodafone as live chat seems to be constantly unavailabe now.

Knowledge is power, guard it well

Also showing a charge for MONETARY on my April bill, not explained on PDF or on the CSV file which also just shows MONETARY and the charge £0.51. On the date shown I made and received no calls (I have Total Recall to record all calls) sent and received no texts. It was a Saturday and it's my work phone!

DaneB
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@Johnmcl7

I've sent you a private message with details on how to get in touch.

For anyone else with the same issue, try the steps listed here and if you’re still affected, contact customer service.

This is a double charge for the RPI price rise to the bill. Its a joke. I called and got it removed and I also made a thread about here. Apparently they find it reasonable to charge twice in one month for it and not tell anyone. 

Customers may notice on their BIll for April that they have an additional charge listed as  Monetary. 

As your line rental is payable in advance (i.e. Aprils bill is for Mays line rental) Vodafone have added the RPI rise for Aprils line rental (which is due but not yet billed for) to this bill. 

This may look somewhat confusing, and indeed it confused the Vodafone webchat agent I discussed it with, however it is correct, legitimate, and above board. 

If you wish to have a phone contract without RPI rises, good luck finding one; it is wise to read the small print, rather than pushing contact centre staff around. 

I am not a Vodafone employee, just a customer the same as everyone else.