Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Advice regarding third party phone cancellation

wingco1
4: Newbie

Hi all.  I currently have a Pay Monthly account, however the phone was purchased through carphone warehouse. I am considering getting a new phone from Vodafone. I'm not quite sure how it works with a third party phone. My monthly payments are made to Vodafone. No money is paid by me to carphone warehouse. Can I just buy the phone and continue using my air time bundle?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Hi

You can upgrade with Cpw or speak with Vodafone to upgrade. 

Speaking to retentions on 191 very near your contract end date (not any early upgrade date) may yield a beneficial deal !

A contract does not end after it's term has been reached but instead changes to a 30 day rolling contract. 

You could also buy the phone of choice, disposable income permitting and go to a 12 month or 30 day sim only type contract which can in some cases be cheaper than staying on what your on now and the allowances maybe better. The 12 month ones usually offer better deals. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

View solution in original position

4 REPLIES 4

BandOfBrothers

Hi

You can upgrade with Cpw or speak with Vodafone to upgrade. 

Speaking to retentions on 191 very near your contract end date (not any early upgrade date) may yield a beneficial deal !

A contract does not end after it's term has been reached but instead changes to a 30 day rolling contract. 

You could also buy the phone of choice, disposable income permitting and go to a 12 month or 30 day sim only type contract which can in some cases be cheaper than staying on what your on now and the allowances maybe better. The 12 month ones usually offer better deals. 

Current Phone  >

Thanks for the advice. I wasn't sure if I was paying CPW for the phone and vodafone for the air time.

BandOfBrothers

Cpw act a the middle man and sets up the contract as they are authorised to do by Vodafone.

They get some form of payment from Vodafone to set up the contract or so I believe. 

Cpw then pass on your info to Vodafone so they can set up the contract and provide network connection. 

The only thing that can be said is a negative about using an independent is that some features like calling over WiFi isn't available to people who choose eligible Samsung phones and some discounts such as Employers VEA isn't available unless the contract is taken out directly with Vodafone if that type of discount is relevant anyway. 

Current Phone  >

63johnw

Hi. If i understand this correctly are you wanting to keep your current tariff but use a new phone? If so then yes you can, you can use your current SIM/contract in any phone you want (providing the SIM fits, if not a swap would be required). So you can buy an unlocked phone from anywhere you want or a locked one that's attached to Vodafone.