Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Appalling complaints procedure.

JPE435
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

Too long to list everything on this post but in essence I have been a Vodafone customer for many years. I have two phones linked to a corporate discount scheme. The signal has degraded where I live over the last few months to the extent that I cannot use my phone in or outside my house, no signal. Vodafone are aware as I receive texts saying the repair is delayed. As I was at the end of contract on one of the accounts I decided to go to another provider. Retention suggested a solution. I purchased a 6S direct from Apple and went to a sim only deal saving me money in the long term and allowing me to use WiFi calling. 

Over a month later wifi calling still isnt working. I have made to date nearly 15 calls, some in excess of two hours. Been promised that it will work within 24 hours, been promised call backs, the list goes on. I have tried to leave the contract but been told I need to pay the early redemption fee. 

So, three weeks ago I wrote a letter of complaint under Vodafones complaints procedure. No response.

Chased it up and keep getting referred to Web Chat ! The staff there are unable to resolve complaints meelry transfer calls.

This is appalling service. I dont think I have ever experienced such an inpenetrable corporate organisation that blatantly doesnt care about its customers or its level of customer service. I have now refered this to the Ombudsman Service. 

12 REPLIES 12

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

A few people are experiencing hiccups with the new service regarding Calling Over Wifi. It does seem to be hit and miss as it works for some and not others straightaway. 

Vodafone Code of Practice.

Have you considered a Sure Signal Box for home use with works off Home Broadband Wifi

It does come with a one off cost but if you speak to Vodafone they may do something for you. I stress may. 

Vodafone have 8 weeks to address any issues raised via a complaint and if an amicable solution cannot be met then you can ask for a deadlock letter and speak to the Communications Omsbudsman. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

AnnS

@JPE435

Try the steps in the reply below from a member of the Team here on the forum.

https://forum.vodafone.co.uk/t5/Pay-monthly-account-specific/6s-and-Problem-enabling-Wifi-Calling/td...

There is further support below.

Vodafone Support - WiFi calling

If you are still having problems, the only thing to do is to persevere with Live Chat.  

jockee
1: Seeker

I agree the service from Vodafone is appalling. Don't bother with the complaints department, go to the top. Their CEO is Nick Jeffery. I am not allowed to put the email address on the forum!!! Therefore go to a site called CEO addresses and key in Vodafone to get his email address. Haha.

User1911

Right here go, I entered into my 1st contract in febuary this year, I was given a sony experia L1.

All was fine & dandy for about a month, then it all started going downhill, the phone was overheating, not responding to the sat nav, had a mind of its own really.

It was sent off for repair, a week later it comes back in the same state it left, & they said it was fixed :Sad_face: 

I was told to complain I did then I was sent a deadlock letter ??? Well at this point I have gone to the ombudsman and left it with them.

Long story short I was given £40.00 no apology and the resolution was to have a different handset at the value of the L1, well it was onlyba choice of 2 Samsung and Vodafone's own make, I was advised by the store to have their fone.

I did and guess what thats had a fault from the start too, now bearing in mind my neareast store is over 40 miles away plus a toll bridge andi am also disabled and vulnerable, I can not keep making these trips.

So in the last 5 months vodafone have consrantly lied to me,made false promises and ivam in no better state I still have a faulty fone.

I was also told I could come out of my contract without a fee guess what no one documented that, along with getting a replacement handset in which we were in the store for over2 hours., they didnt even go thru any paperwork with me nustvafone case of walking out of the back gettinfone and telling me im free to go and he will sort things out later did he? Did he heck has like!!!!

The very last time I went into.that store I was also told that both the L1 and this other phone is my property and could sell them,knowing full well I am in a contract I couldn't.

Well yet again im with the ombudsman but hey ho they are on Vodafone side now for some reason.

All because I did not send itaway 3 times well after the 1st fiasco there was no way on earth I was falling for that stunt again.

So its ok to made false promises,made to travel the ends of the earth and lied to.daily, yet you dont want to be held responsible for your actions? 

I will be refusing the measly offer from the ombudsman,and it will end up me getting into debt with voda has principle wont allow me to carty on, they will take me too court for the monies owed then I will turn it around has I clearly am the victim here.

Even today they are not budging ridiculous really a company has big as they are, bunch of robbing crooks is what they really are!!!

Thanks for listening

User1911

Erm good luck with the ombudsman, they are paid by the phone companies, there only a charity see so they take the side of the company your fighting over.

Plus there a joke too obnoxious, not even consistent either.

Hope you have much better luck.

jackieS
4: Newbie

I have had exactly the same with Vodaphone unable to connect my Apple Watch to cellular services.  They have all said "it will be sorted DEFINITELY WITHIN 24 HOURS"!.  I have spoken to James, Naeem, Abdul, Joe, Matthew, Rabin, Rebecca and countless others in their call centre whose names I did not catch.  It is now 4 days of waiting 24 hours!!!   I am about to take this to the newspapers, the Ombudsman and everyone else I can think of.  They have no idea what they are doing.

TJ
Community Manager (Retired)
Community Manager (Retired)

Hey @jackieS, I'm really sorry to hear you're having trouble getting your Apple Watch data connected. I'll be more than happy to take a closer look into this for you and help to get you up and running.

So I can access your account securely, I've sent you a private message with details on how to get in touch directly. 

I did contact you....heard nothing back.  AND YET ANOTHER PERSON FROM THE STOKE SALES TEAM HAS INFORMED ME THAT I WILL BE CONNECTED WITHIN 24 HOURS.  AGAIN.   How many more times will I hear this, I wonder.

Adam
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@jackieS  I'm sorry to hear you haven't yet been contacted back! When you sent us your details, you should have received a confirmation email with a reference number similar to this #[12345678]. Please share this with us so we can make sure we have your details :Thumbs_Up: