Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Broadband Vodafone Connect Router loses LAN to LAN connectivity

PeterGMc57
4: Newbie

I moved to the Vodafone Broadband service after 5 years on Sky without any issues. In less than 2 weeks I have had so many problems. I am really regretting it.

So, first things first the LAN to WAN connectivity is not the issue I am posting about. I can continue to access the Internet (variable performance is another issue and not the subject of this post).

However the Vodafone Connect router randomly loses LAN to LAN connectivity.

I have a printer and NAS hardwired to the router. When all is well I can print, access the NAS without issues. Once every couple of days I lose connectivity and cannot ping or see the web admin pages on the wired devices (I have set reserved IP addresses under Static DHCP in Settings for hard wired and laptop devices). This problem happens across all wireless clients (3 laptops).

The  Connect router still lists them on the Overview page so it knows they are there.

I have tried resetting wifi clients, rebooting the laptops, no difference. The only fix is to reboot the router.

I have changed the DHCP lease time to a week in the hope that will help.

Is there a firmware upgrade anywhere in the pipeline?

9 REPLIES 9

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Hi @PeterGMc57

On a new connection it can take approximately 10 days to settle but can occasionally in the extreme take 30 days. 

What-should-I-do-if-I-m-having-problems-with-broadband-connectivity.

I would suggest speaking with Broadband Support if this continues on...

Got a question?

08080 034 515
(free from all UK landlines and mobiles)
Lines are open between 8am and 11pm, seven days a week

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

@BandofBrothers

While I appreciate the response I have seen the same scripted answer numerous times and that is why I wrote "the LAN to WAN connectivity is not the issue"

BandOfBrothers

My bad I missed that.  :smileyembarrassed:

I wish you all the best with your issue. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Tash
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi @PeterGMc57, apologies for the delay in reaching your post.

So we can assist further with this, please speak with our Broadband team directly when calling 08080 034 515 or through their dedicated Live Chat

I have a similar problem.

https://forum.vodafone.co.uk/t5/Pay-monthly-products-services/Local-network-device-becomes-unreachab...

Are you planning to update the firmware?

This is a known issue with the VF supplied router for which there is no fix.  You will need to use your own router.

@Paul_NI wrote:

This is a known issue with the VF supplied router for which there is no fix.  You will need to use your own router.

...depends what you call "a fix".

Restarting the router restores connectivity between wireless and wired devices.

Setting the lease time to something more than the default 1 day reduces the frequency.

Neither get over the fact that the connect router is complete rubbish though!

Rob_83
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Did you manage to resolve this in any way? My router lost all LAN connections a few months ago and I tried everything to fix it, eventually giving up and resorting to a factory reset. Now it's doing it again and I really wish I wasn't locked into this terrible service as I have a perfectly awesome router of my own I could be using.

Edit: through some troubleshooting I've identified that when my Son's tablet connects to the WiFi, all LAN connections drop dead. Thing is, it just randomly started doing it today, despite the fact that his tablet has connected to the WiFi every day for god knows how long. Is this something to do with the router assigning IP addresses that are already in use perhaps? I'm not an expert by any means so it's a little beyond me. Networking is something I've not really become too experienced with.

Alex
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@Rob_83 You're able to call us on 08080 034 515 for broadband support (free from all UK landlines and mobiles) with lines open between 8am and 11pm, seven days a week.