Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Can't register for MyVodafone: never set up a PIN nor memorable word

cdl
4: Newbie

I bought a sim in a Vodafone store. The sim works, but I can't register for MyVodafone, to access the account from the web. I tried to register but the site is asking for my PIN or memorable word. Well, I have most certainly never set either!!! The SIM has no PIN. I have the welcome letter from Vodafone in front of me; it mentions a PUK code, but no PIN nor memorable word. The guy in the store didn't ask me to set them. I have never spoken to customer service about this (it takes forever to speak to a human being). I tried the PIn and memorable word of a previous Vodafone account I had, but they didn't work and I am now locked out.

This is typical of the terrible customer service which prompted me to cancel my broadband with them (they don't let you use your own router but manke no mention of this in the contract!).

I suppose I will now have to waste 1 hour of my life trying to speak to customer service anyway because the system blocked my account. However, just out of curiosity, could someone please enlighten me on how on earth this was supposed to work???

1 REPLY 1

andorean
1: Seeker

Same thing happened to me except with a mobile phone account. Closed the account moved to ee