Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Cancelling a mobile phone contract

Worcesterbloke
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Can anyone please tell me why I can walk into a vodafone shop and sign up for a contract, and have it activated within 24 hrs, whilst if I want to cancel, I can't do it in that same vodafone shop, but have to do it over the phone, and it takes 5 days!!!

2 REPLIES 2

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Hi,

The Highstreet Stores are primarily in place to set up contracts , sell phones and accessories along with other services. 

Cancelling within the 30 day cooling off Network Satisfaction Guarantee or cancelling by using a Pac Code is the job of Customer Services. Possibly not to tie up Stores with people wanting to cancel which needs full access to the Accounts system. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

AnnS

Hi @Worcesterbloke

The terms of your contract are 30 days notice, that means you will receive two final bills, the first for this month and a final bill with a 0.00 balance as your confirmation you have no further responsibility towards the contract and payments.  You are then free to cancel the direct debit.

In order to pass data protection and prove you are the contract owner, cancellation  has to be made by calling or using live chat.

The other alternative is to call Vodafone and request a PAC code for the number, as soon as the code is given to an alternative provider, it will cancel the account and no need for 30 days notice.

There is further information for you below.

Cancel Account