Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Changes Made to Account Without Customer Approval

wwhyte92
7: Helper
7: Helper

It seems I am in an ongoing and neverending battle with customer services regarding an error Vodafone had on my account. In trying to get to a solution to rectify these problems I have been in discussions with personnel from the customer services and social media teams. At this point the original issue is (almost) moot and it is how Vodafone have dealt with the ongoing attempt at correcting the errors that is causing me great concern.

I have had two separate occassions now in which I have been communicating with Vodafone (via email) to try and find an agreeable solution to the problems they have presented/caused. At first these seem to go relatively well, until I disagree on a course of action proposed by the representative and request a different solution be investigated. At which point I have twice been told "Thank you for your confirmation. I have now applied the discount/made the changes to your price plan...". On neither occassion did I give any permission for my account to be modified.

The first instance of this was in mid April and is now sorted (ish). The second was yesterday and I am waiting to hear back from the agent again after I have informed him that I did not authorise the proposed actions.

I'm not sure where I stand with this. Does anyone have any advice? I'm well and truly at the end of my tether with Vodafone and will be looking to end my 7 year tenture with them as soon as my contract term ends (March 2018) or any earlier if I can find a way that the agreement has been voided by Vodafone.

As a side note: The first unauthorised change was Vodafone shifting me onto a 12-month bundle mid way through my 24-month deal as there were system errors that meant they couldn't rectify the problem with my original 24-month contract. Because of this I was told I was subject to the RPI increase which I have since contested as my original T&Cs had the price promise. It seems in switching to the 12-month bundle I've been signed up to new/updated T&Cs, however I was not provided with these to agree to at any point.

1 REPLY 1

Will
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi @wwhyte92

I'm sorry that we haven't managed to fix the issues with your account. We'll need to check through the history of your account before we can being to investigate. I've sent you a private message with details on how to get in touch.

For anyone else with the same issue, try the steps listed here and if you’re still affected, contact customer service.