Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Complaint - Vodafone incompetence

ysossi
4: Newbie

Hi thereI

n April 2017, I asked for my UK bundle to change to global as I was going to Europe for a while. I got to Europe in May and I was being charged for roaming. My account still showed - and still does - my UK bundle is in place. 

I called so many times and they promised that the bundle has changed, that there is a glitch preventing it to be seen on my profile and that I will not be charged more than £32 at the end of the month. Guess what. I just received my bill for the month still showing my UK bundle and roaming charges totalling £56.70.

Unbelievable incompetence on Vodafone's part. I am so fed up calling them, them promising to sort it out but nothing happens and at the end of the day they are entitled to take £56.70 from my account. Absolutely frustrated with Vodafone. I cannot wait for this contract to end. Then I'm outta here.

Vodafone - what have you got to say for yourselves?

Community - anyone as frustrated as me? What did you do about it?

12 REPLIES 12

AnnS
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Hi @ysossi

Unless your contract started on or after 12th April 2017, the  changes to pay monthly contracts and global roaming does not start until 11th June 2017.   There is further information on the changes below.

Changes to roaming with Pay monthly

Unless you have a contract which included roaming in certain European destinations, you would have still been charged the standard EU roaming charge.  However,. this charge could have been as little as 4.6p per minute to make a call and 1.8p per text.

There is further information from the website to help with your enquiry below.

How much does it cost to use data, send texts or make calls when you’re abroad?

As you have received your bill and have something to go on, the best way to get this clarified is by using live chat, they will be able to go through the charges with you and you will be able to download a transcript of the conversation to keep for further reference..

Hi, thanks but you have not read my story well. I know about the changes on 11 June across the board. However, I requested for my bundle to be changed specifically to a £32 pm, global bundle, effective 3 May in mid April. I was advised this will be actioned. And throughout May I was informed about a glitch preventing the bundle move. But agents guaranteed that this will be sorted by 27 May when my bill will be processed. It hasn't and I'm paying roaming charges and my online account is still showing UK bundle. Very bad service.

In addition, live chat is a complete joke. I have to wait 10 minutes to get one response. I don't have all day and all night to chat live with Vodafone. Which planet are the agents actually based on? Certainly not planet Earth. 

Gemma
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @ysossi 

We can take a look at your account for you.

Please send us your details by following the instructions in this private message.

Thanks, 

Gemma

Hi Gemma

Your message starts with "click here" but there is nothing to be clicked. I tried a few times. Please resend or email / call me if you can. Thanks.

You are not alone when it comes to incompetence, as i've discovered, at least i can get out of this hole since i'm still within the 30 days escape clause though i see they have stole th £15 pound from my account already and yet i have no service work that out.

Jenny
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@ysossi – Apologies for that. I’ve resent the PM today.

@evilbill007 – I’m disappointed to hear what’s happened.

I’ve sent you a private message with instructions on how to get in touch, so we can look into this further.

Sadly Vodafone and EE are worst for customer service at the moment

http://www.ispreview.co.uk/index.php/2017/05/h1-2017-uk-mobile-network-survey-ranks-ee-vodafone-bott...

Ive been with Vodafone 10 years and lately this is the worst I have seen it. Often dont get the help or support needed to sort account problems. Lots of people you speak to on 191 are not trained or dont know how to resolve a problem. Promises made to monitor / follow up with calls often not kept.

My confidence in Vodafone service and support has been eroded to the point now that If I had an issues I dont trust / dont believce it would be fully resolved.

thanks. I have sent the email as requested. Hope you can sort this out for me asap before Vodafone take money from my account.