Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Contract Nightmare for a Year Now =(

EdwardCrabtree
4: Newbie

Can someone from the EFT please contact me regarding my account? I've tried in vain for a YEAR to get my monthly fee corrected to my contract from last Februrary.

I've had so many conversations that ended in "it's definitely all fixed for you now" only to see the incorrect fee the follwoing month over and over again.

12 months of this nonsense is enough and now I just need to leave Vodafone without being charge a ridiculous early settlement fee which (hilariously) is ALSO calculated on the incorrect contract fee.

I have no idea how much I've over paid, but I am guess it's in the hundreds... Look forward to your message.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Just so everyone is aware, Sukhi kindly provide me with another way to contact Vodafone and since then I have finally been in communication with them.

Unfortunately, the best they can do for me is to provide me with a credit that returns my account to the correct amount and promise that my line rental charges will be corrected going forward. They even went so far as to suggest how amazing this is as they are going "above and beyond" by providing me with an exceptional back dated credit that they usually can't do.

After I had a moan, they've offered me a further £5 credit to their already fantastic offer to show how much they care.

So, I've informed them that £5 compensation for a year of pain where I have been over charged more than £200 is not reasonable and certainly wouldn't be the sort of compensation they would have expected from a customer if they had failed to pay that sort of amount.

So... off to the Ombudsman I go to fix an issue that could and should have taken Vodafone five minutes to resolve a year ago.

Hopefully this stands as a word of warning for everyone else out there.

View solution in original position

22 REPLIES 22

Jenny
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@EdwardCrabtree - I’m sorry you’ve had problems emailing us. If this still isn’t working, there are a few things I can suggest:

• If you’re using a Yahoo email address, we‘ve found these don’t reach us sometimes, so please try a different email address.
  • When you enter your details, please manually type your email address and don’t copy and paste it. Pasting it into the form can cause this to fail.

We’re receiving emails into our inbox with  no problems, so trying these two changes above should help.

@ EdwardCrabtree

If you actually want your issue resolved, go to:

www.os-communications.org

No more time wasting with this lot.

@lyonsj400

I think you're right... tbh I don't know why I haven't done that sooner - I guess it's probably because I'm an overly reasonable person.

Must play them at their own game and start making their lives miserable as well...

Shame, because I had high hopes that at least someone in Vodafone had some common sense :Sad_face:

DaneB
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@EdwardCrabtree

Have you tried any of the advise, as previously given by @Jenny?

Hi Dane... Are you taking the mick? Like, are you literally having a laugh at my expense?! Are you quite deliberately RUBBING MY FACE IN FAECES!!!!

Have you read message 15, where I state in BLACK AND WHITE that I am not using a yahoo account and I have MANUALLY ENTERED another 15 (approx) responses?

It's like I'm on some sort of hidden camera show, except THIS ISN'T FUNNY AT ALL!!!!

Come on guys... you aren't robots... You're human... If you can't act human, you will quite easily lose your jobs to an automated script. Pull you finger out!

As suggested earlier... I have decided to take my complaint to the Ombudsman... You guys have been completely useless, but I guess you've saved yourself all of 45 minutes work so congratulations for that - give yourselves a pat on the back.

It is exactly these sort of complaints that WASTE the Ombudsmans time... You should have easily been able to fix my contracted rate and you have been given over a year and multiple oppourtunities to do so. It's a complete disgrace.

Sukhi
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@EdwardCrabtree

Please try replying to the  private message I've sent you.

Just so everyone is aware, Sukhi kindly provide me with another way to contact Vodafone and since then I have finally been in communication with them.

Unfortunately, the best they can do for me is to provide me with a credit that returns my account to the correct amount and promise that my line rental charges will be corrected going forward. They even went so far as to suggest how amazing this is as they are going "above and beyond" by providing me with an exceptional back dated credit that they usually can't do.

After I had a moan, they've offered me a further £5 credit to their already fantastic offer to show how much they care.

So, I've informed them that £5 compensation for a year of pain where I have been over charged more than £200 is not reasonable and certainly wouldn't be the sort of compensation they would have expected from a customer if they had failed to pay that sort of amount.

So... off to the Ombudsman I go to fix an issue that could and should have taken Vodafone five minutes to resolve a year ago.

Hopefully this stands as a word of warning for everyone else out there.

Errrm.... Yes, as most of us have found out, talk to Vodafone customer services if you have a lot of time to waste.

If not, then go to the ombudsman.

You won't get anywhere with CS except BS and you will only get more frustration. I've been a VF customer for 6 years now and I can't remember ANY occasion where I called them and had my issue resolved. Thankfully, this is my last year with VF and I am currently in a dispute with them regarding both my mobile and broadband contracts.

Mods, please don't send me any PMs or chat URLs that don't work.

Hi Jenny...

Have used my gmail and outlook accounts to no avail... Have manually written approximately another 15 responses using chrome, firefox, internet explorer and edge and 3 different PCs all on different networks, my phone browser, my wife phone browser using both wifi and my mobile data connection... my wii u... my kids tablets...

I've still have no message saying you've received it.

How about you trust what I am saying and just get in touch with me? You could simply use or respond to the PMs on here? Or use my mobile or email address that you already have?

Please understand... You are failing me miserably... I've tried so hard, wasted so much of my time... I've probably spent a good 3 hours sending these damn messages to you now and collective sum of yours responses is to keep hitting my head against a brick wall... Responses which, let's face facts, took no more than 15 minutes in total to send.

The community here get it... they understand that you are failing me... Why can't you?