Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Credit Check Fail - No Check Commpleted

darren1976
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Allpied for a new phone through a third party provider (not direct with vodafone) for myself and two collegues.  As had been advised by Vodafone to get the deal we want to buy the phones as personal and then transfer to business if needed (from Glasgow Buchanan Galleries Store)

All three phones failed credit check - no credit check was carried out on the Business Account which had been used but understand may be issue as not accepting a business name on the account

Applied for new phone for myself through personal account and have a High credit rating and never been declined credit ever and phone declined...checked credit search again and this time search was completed. 

Disappointed that false information from a vodafone sales rep may have caused the issue for us getting the deal we wanted which was better than competators - is there anyway this can be reviews or is it as simple as the one failed check with your name associated to it means that cant do anything for 3 months?

21 REPLIES 21

have done back check on code and do not have as previously noted

have sent PM to @natasha to send new code etc so can raise again!! 

to be honest time taking to resolve a joke when all takes is a call!!

I also didnt receive a code. Checked spam/etc but no code 😕

You may want to try emailing their CEO's department.

However, I've had no luck (and wasted weeks listening to lies from Vodafone Staff) with exactly the same problem. And having looked at other threads the same appears to be true. So dont hold your breath.

Have checked threads and not holding breath.

I re did the notification as advised by @Natasha and waited for a reference, guess what no code!! (Well not yet)

I don't think CEO would be of much use as basically 'computer says no' when someone buys three phones under different names, on a business bank  account. It has nothing to with credit checks.  I doubt after this would, despite the great deal, go with Vodafone with a good will gesture of some form but again if someone can't even say who they work for when calling I can't imagine this being possible. 

Whole situation very very poor and now looking at other operators.

Tash
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@darren1976 Apologies for the delay in reaching your posts and I'm sorry to see you're thinking of leaving us.

Have you since received an automated email response? Were you able to try the following before completing the steps in the private message sent to you?

• Clear your cache and cookies on the device you're using.
  • Try a different device or send your email using a different web browser.
  • Try an alternative email address.
  • Manually type your email address into the box when prompted, rather than copy and paste and also include the routing code.
  • Ensure your message is under 2500 characters.

Please keep us updated with how you get on and we'll be happy to help. 

Thanks for email @Natasha

Have completed form again from different device, checked email, spam and on our server including checking server settings for to ensure nothing blocked from ip and all ok (i receive notifcation emails when i get PM or someone posts on site - so no issue there)

Really cant waste more time on this as going round in circles - would be so simple for someone to just pick up phone and call me, but at least say where they are calling from this time and hopefully resolve, but other operators now offering similar deal on handset at only few pounds of difference so really rather be assured that customer support in place as cost saving really now irrelevant as less than a hundred pound saving per phone across term of contract.

Tash
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

I'm sorry to hear you've been having some trouble when sending your details to us @darren1976.

If you change your mind, I've sent another private message to you with added information to contact our dedicated team directly.

Please update us with the reference number once you receive this, ensuring that this hasn't been sent to any junk or spam folders.

Well now having completed three forms to submit my complaint / frustrations / lack of satisfaction at credit checking I have had zero...yes no emails from Vodafone with a reference code!! (Surprised – No) I have completed the form on three different devices as advised by @Natasha and to different emails and still nothing.  Bit like a 'Little Britain' sketch...computer says no!!

For a phone company, I am amazed how hard it is to pick up a phone and just call - I know, and as I have said before three phones may be a drop in the ocean for Vodafone but really a service fail.  I dread to think if i had an issue through a contract how this would be handled.  Been with last operator for over 8 years, no issues even when they merged with another operator - just at upgrade this time vodafone costs far better.  But vodafone need to realise 'value for money' is not all about the base price but the full service provided over the life of the contract.

Tash
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Apologies for the issues you've been facing @darren1976.

I've now sent an email directly to the email address registered on your Community profile.

Please respond to the email and we'll be able to complete security to resolve this for you.

Please keep us updated with how you get on.

have replied to email with details

Will
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@darren1976 we've received your email and once we have an update, we'll be in touch with you.