Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Default error on credit file.. urgent

Antdoyle1988
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi

I need help urgently on a Vodafone defalted account issue. I am applying for a mortgage in 2 months. I found on my free credit score that my score had gone down substantially. Thus having to purchase a Experian credit check which came back showing a negative effect from Vodafone.

In 2015 I cancelled my Vodafone contract(with a months notice and at the end of my contract term) to move to 02. I received a letter a few months later stating I owed £219. I knew I didn't and rang Vodafone, asked to speak to a manager. He understood and agreed it was a mistake and rectified the issue. 2 months had gone by and I received 2 emails and another letter looking for £219. I rang back again with the same solution. The next month I received the same letter yet again. I rang for the third time angry and frustrated, the supervisor said he'd call back. I never received a call back, I rang again and got a supervisor he sorted it, I explained about the mortgage and was assured it won't have any effect on my file. I told him about the emails and letters and he said I won't get any more.

I didn't receive any more letters and thought that was the end of that, until yesterday! I found 2x2 month a 3,4 and 5 month and 6x6month late payments on my file. All from Vodafone and the only issues stopping me obtaining a mortgage.

I Need this sorted urgently.. can someone please help?

1 REPLY 1

Jenny
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@Antdoyle1988 - I’m sorry to hear what’s happened.

So we can get this sorted as quickly as possible, I’ve sent you a private message with instructions on how to get in touch.