cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Default on credit with no Vodafone account!

ValerieB
4: Newbie

I have recently discovered a default on my credit history linked to Vodafone. It turns out a phone contract was taken out in 2011 at someone elses address, but for some reason my name and address is linked to the account.

I had absolutely no knowledge of this until now, and nobody from Vodafone of the debt collection ever contacted me even though they have my address on file.

After trying to dispute this with Equifax, they now tell me Vodafone refuse to do anything about it as my name is on the account. I tried calling Vodafone who refuse to speak to me because I dont have the account number!

I am absolutely disgusted that I'm being fobbed off by Vodafone after having my credit ruined by somebody I dont even know. If they have my name linked to the account why did nobody ever contact me about this debt? This whole thing has taken place completely behind my back.

I have to get this removed. Can anybody please help?

30 REPLIES 30

Jenny
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@ValerieB - I’m sorry to hear what’s happened.

Don’t worry, we can to look into everything further - I’ve sent you a private message with instructions on how to get in touch.

Thank you but the Click Here part of the message doesn't do anything when i click it.

Tash
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi @ValerieB, I'm sorry to see you've been experiencing issues.

I've sent you another private message with the details, please let us know how you get on.

Yours is the same as the other one. I've tried opening it in a different browser as well and the Click Here part doesn't link to anything.

Sorry my fault, I wasn't opening the message properly.

I'll do that now and see how it goes, thanks.

Gemma
Community Manager
Community Manager

@ValerieB - Thanks for sending your details. We’ve got your email and we’ll be in touch as soon as we can. :smileyhappy:

I have explained the situation and am being told by Will in Social Media to call a number and pay the outstanding balance!

Does this method put me through to human beings or an automated system? They dont seem to be reading what I'm telling them.

Jenny
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@ValerieB – The number Will provided, is what you’ll need to call, to make a payment.

Are you being serious?

Have you even read my first post?